Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2008   #81
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

LOL, yeah I saw that too. When you're going to the God card, that's... well, that's not a good sign.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #82
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope that doesn't mean he's gonna win Super Bowls with the freakin' Cowboys.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #83
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I sure hope that doesn't mean he's gonna win Super Bowls with the freakin' Cowboys.
They would have to win a playoff game first.

Chris I agree once you goto the God has a plan for you, you might as well add and football is not it.
Old 06-09-2008   #84
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the most telling quote IMO....

Quote:
(on how hard it is when they like a player like Spencer to take emotion out of a roster decision) “Well, and that’s it: You’d like to say it’s business, but I don’t think you ever make a purely business decision. And so you see a kid working hard the way he has worked and you want to give him every opportunity, but like you said, at some point we’ve got 80 guys who’ll go to training camp and we can’t afford to have a bunch of guys standing around because we’ve already got one in Dunta (Robinson) that’s going to count, so we’re down to 79 and you can’t have very many guys that are counting that won’t practice. So it’s tough.”
I could be wrong but this tells me that Spencer's got until T/C opens to be ready to play or he's out.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #85
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This is the most telling quote IMO....

I could be wrong but this tells me that Spencer's got until T/C opens to be ready to play or he's out.
He's not ready after 22 months, but you're going to see if he's ready in another 6 weeks???

Just cut him already. This is nothing but a song and dance.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #86
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain said Spencer's injury was equal to jumping out of a five story window and trying to land on your feet ... eeek .

I wish Cloak and Dagger was here to give an opinion . Mine is that it's just to risky now and it'll be to risky next year and so on .
Old 06-09-2008   #87
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He's not ready after 22 months, but you're going to see if he's ready in another 6 weeks???

Just cut him already. This is nothing but a song and dance.
So what if it is a song and dance? They are trying to do the right thing for a player who got a major injury in the line of duty. Like Rick Smith said “Well, and that’s it: You’d like to say it’s business, but I don’t think you ever make a purely business decision. And so you see a kid working hard the way he has worked and you want to give him every opportunity..." But you would not think twice and cut him without doing everything the young man recover. What a great big heart you have. Things like this I think go over well with veterans and other FA who are looking to possibly sign with the Texans.
Old 06-09-2008   #88
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
So what if it is a song and dance? They are trying to do the right thing for a player who got a major injury in the line of duty. Like Rick Smith said “Well, and that’s it: You’d like to say it’s business, but I don’t think you ever make a purely business decision. And so you see a kid working hard the way he has worked and you want to give him every opportunity..." But you would not think twice and cut him without doing everything the young man recover. What a great big heart you have. Things like this I think go over well with veterans and other FA who are looking to possibly sign with the Texans.
I totally agree ... there have been teams that have totally trashed players and threw them away . I don't like that , it's to much like the Gulf Grayhound Park .

http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Its-Just.../dp/0312136277

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 06-09-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #89
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
John McClain said Spencer's injury was equal to jumping out of a five story window and trying to land on your feet ... eeek .

I wish Cloak and Dagger was here to give an opinion . Mine is that it's just to risky now and it'll be to risky next year and so on .
As everyone else, I have hoped throughout his ordeal, Spencer would prevail. However, from the very first when I shared my thoughts on his injury, I tried to make it clear that his was a devastating one. For a smaller man, a return to normal gait could be considered a small miracle. For a man of Spencer's size, to be expected to return as a "gladiator" would be stretching even the miracle concept...........one that I'll be clinging to until the Texans have finally determined similar odds.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #90
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It could also be described as the kind of injury one might suffer for getting inbetween John McClain and a meal.
Old 06-16-2008   #91
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

(UPDATE: Monday June 16) - Reports indicate the Texans are close to releasing T Charles Spencer due to his broken leg that could possibly end his career.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans...rosevel_1.html

I was really pulling for him too. Hope he can some how manage to play again. Good luck Spence, in whatever you decide to do.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #92
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

This is really sad news. I was pulling for him to come through.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #93
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
(UPDATE: Monday June 16) - Reports indicate the Texans are close to releasing T Charles Spencer due to his broken leg that could possibly end his career.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans...rosevel_1.html

I was really pulling for him too. Hope he can some how manage to play again. Good luck Spence, in whatever you decide to do.
Who is this fan blog joker? That's some breaking news?

Maybe the Chronicle will publish my blogs/columns... here's a few:

Breaking news: The Texans are preparing to release 30 players before the end of training camp.

Breaking news: Kubiak is entering the 3rd year of his tenure in Houston.

Breaking news: Even without Dunta Robinson on the field, the Texans may employ some nickel and dime packages early in the season. That could mean some playing time for the rookie, Molden.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read