Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2008   #41
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Golic "dissed" the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Curious if a) you actually read people's posts or b) if you fail to read between the lines in some of the posts??

Generally speaking, what I have read are a couple of things. a) Golic is, has been and more than likely will always be douche. b) People don't care about his opinions one way or the other and lastly c) Until there is some consistent winning going on here, people such as Golic who are mental midgets will go go for the easy pot shots...
BSPN sucks in it's coverage unless (as you admit) it involves Yankees, Sox or anything New York - or Chowd Nation related... But it is what is...

Now bring up Sports Illustrated and I can tell you exactly what pissed me off about them.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA Golic has the mental agility of a small soap dish!!!!! It comes from too many head injuries.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #42
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox Sports Radio in the morning (talking national) owns Mike and Mike. Seriously.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #43
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=V3rm0nt3r;931343]The Bengals should still be the ones getting them and the one thing I don't get with all of this coming up is...

Even though Dallas won more games last year, how can fans continue to love them when they take in every athletic asshole in the league, I mean TO, Tank Johnson, and now Pacman. Personally I'm suprised they didn't offer their 2nd first rounder for Ocho Cinco and I'll be looking for Odel Thurman to sign a deal next year. In a league gone strict why, IN GOD'S NAME do the cowpies attract so many people!?!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]
Ummmm.....LOTS of Super Bowl trophies. Like it or not, the Cowgirls have had a bunch of success and have a colorful owner who likes the spotlight. WHy does everyone give Da Raiders the same love every year?? Same reason.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #44
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Golic said WHAT?! How dare he. We should all sneak up on him and take his Superbowl ring...oh wait he doesn't have one. Maybe Smith or Kube could let him borrow one of theirs since they both have two. In so far as the Cowgirls are concerned THE COWBOYS!

I'm Dreadhead....and I approve this message.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

hehehehe
now that's funny
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #46
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

That was funny, dread. Sorry i can't send more green.

I have taken slights, real or perceived, and used them for motivation my whole life. Its turned out okay so far.

Like the a-holes who were sheety to me growing up because my parents MADE me earn everything I got. Now they are the ones who ask me for a yob.

Hopefully there will be a little fire unleashed from this, too.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #47
Dayad
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVP

Quick trivia question. In the past 12 years, who has won more post season playoff games? A) Houston Texans or B) Dallas Cowboys

We all know the answer. (Hint: it's a tie)

Golic was right, the Cowboys are NOT the Texans. And we don't want to be like the Cowboys.
Old 06-05-2008   #48
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets look at this another way. Very similar situation.

"JVG got fired."
"Would you consider his time as the rockets HC a failure? They made the playoffs. They went over .500 in every year but one."

"Yeah but they are the Rockets, this isn't the Grizzlies (or Bobcats) we're talking about."

Guys we're a little sensitive here I think. Even though the rox don't have the storied past of the cowpies, over the last 30+ years they have, for the most part, put out good teams and at times great teams. Its not like the bobcats or the grizzlies who have had minimal success if any. Golic doesn't realize the hatred we have for the cow girls. How should he? Have we done anything in the last 5 years to make that rivalry worth paying attention to? Calm down, we'll have our time. One day the conversation will be reversed.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #49
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputtsam View Post
Golic said his tenure was more of a failure. He said Parcell's seasons:
10-6, 6-10, 9-7, 9-7, was more of a failure. Golic said something like "This isn't the Houston Texans, it's the Dallas Cowboys". I've got to admit, I'd love to have a 10-6 or 9-7 season, but Golic's comment irked me a little bit.
That irked me too, but you know what else he said that irked me is that he said "everyone thinks the Cowboys have been great over the last 10 years, but they have not won a playoff game."
Whenever a reporter, or TV/Radio personality says "everyone thinks", or "no one thinks", they are ALWAYS 100% wrong. I knew the Cowboys weren't great over the last ten years. I knew they have won as many playoff games as the Texans since we came into existence. and that's ZERO.
Houston radio guys do this all the time.
Old 06-06-2008   #50
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Golic is what he is.........just another talking head. The only way to shut these people up is having a good season, and going to the playoffs.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #51
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Ummmm.....LOTS of Super Bowl trophies. Like it or not, the Cowgirls have had a bunch of success and have a colorful owner who likes the spotlight. WHy does everyone give Da Raiders the same love every year?? Same reason.
But the Cowboys, who are widely thought of as the most talented team in football, are the ones who, above every one else, continue to underachieve everyone's expectations and sign these athletic arses to play for them. I like that stat about the 12 years without a playoff win with guy's like T.O. and Glenn catching passes.

New England has what 4 rings in the last 8 years? And I hate them along with most of the country, what makes these guys so different?
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read