Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2008   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone know the dates for OTA's, TC, etc.?

I am looking around the HT.com and trying to find out what dates all the OTA's, mini-camp, TC, etc. are.

Does anyone know?

Just got finished watching the OTA Day 9 video on TexansTV with Kubiak. He mentioned we are good with the 4 TE's we got heading in to TC. Talked about the RB's being wore out and nicked up a bit. TJ should be 100% by TC. I know TC will be late July but not sure on exactly what date.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/
Old 06-03-2008   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone know the dates for OTA's, TC, etc.?

Minicamp was last month. OTA's are done on June 10 from what I recall seeing on the locker room schedule. After OTAs they go back into the strength and conditioning program for a couple weeks and then have some time off before camp. Not sure on training camp start but a look at the calendar suggests reporting dates of July 25/26 based on the date of the first preseason game.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Minicamp was last month. OTA's are done on June 10 from what I recall seeing on the locker room schedule. After OTAs they go back into the strength and conditioning program for a couple weeks and then have some time off before camp. Not sure on training camp start but a look at the calendar suggests reporting dates of July 25/26 based on the date of the first preseason game.
Thanks, I forget the difference between OTA's and mini-camp actually, seems the same to me. Glad we have until the 6-10 to get so more news about the team. Do they just go Mon-Fri during OTA's?
Old 06-03-2008   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

///

Last edited by aj.; 06-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2008   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

I think they go through Friday of this week and then back on Monday and Tuesday of next week to wrap up OTAs. That may not be exact but it's pretty close/
Old 06-04-2008   #6
naunalou
noob

If they finish OTA's next Tuesday....when do they start strength & conditioning? The following week?
naunalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by naunalou View Post
If they finish OTA's next Tuesday....when do they start strength & conditioning? The following week?
They began the strength and conditioning program several weeks ago and I don't think there's a break between the end of OTAs and the resumption of the s&c program. I think s&c will be the focus starting June 11 through at least June 20. I know the players have an off-week at the end of the month but I'm not sure if that off-time runs all the way to camp start (they didn't have the July schedule posted). Their number of OTA days is limited by the CBA so I assume that's why it ends mid-week.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read