Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2008   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AP article on Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's so sickening it's funny. We had a pretty good defense then, yet tore it apart a year or two later. I don't think I'll ever understand the logic behind those moves. If they wanted to get younger, fine, let them learn from the vet's rather than whackin them. Asshats!

Was Cordell the Steelers QB then? Maddox?
I'm pretty sure it was Tommy Maddox that owned that abomination..

My guy was Sharper, but add Glenn and some of those other wiley veterans and it made for a good "D". They wound up middle of the pack defensively but when your offensive juggernaut only racks up 52 yards, its kind of hard to stay off the field.
Old 05-29-2008   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ahhhhhh yes.... I left a piece of me at Reliant that day..... (a piece of my a** melted to the seat).
Your in the freakin Bullpen what the hell were you doing sitting in the first place? I should have G'Ma take a switch to you for that.
Old 05-29-2008   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Your in the freakin Bullpen what the hell were you doing sitting in the first place? I should have G'Ma take a switch to you for that.
Ahhh grasshopper... I was in section 120 for that game. And with the way the beer was pouring out of my skin, I needed to sit a couple of times during time-outs, gave me a chance to burry my head under my wet towell.
Old 05-29-2008   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hopefully, Matt Schaub will earn his money, and the two draft picks we gave to get him.

I haven't seen/heard or read anything that really solidifies Matt as the leader of this team, other than Kubiak saying that he is. I mean it's no different than Kubiak saying HWSNBN is the leader of this team.

Don't get me wrong, I think we made a huge upgrade at the position. But that's not saying much about Schaub.

Then, the real question that comes up is, how many picks did HWSNBN throw last year?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #25
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Then, the real question that comes up is, how many picks did HWSNBN throw last year?
Are we counting the ones that were tipped?
Old 05-29-2008   #26
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Well, we did beat 'em at some point in Pittsburg, didn't we? How do you think the game is gonna go?

Im kinda crazy, and think it will be 24-10 Houston. We will shock alot of people this year. Big Ben holds the ball a long time, and will throw it into coverage.
Old 05-29-2008   #27
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Im kinda crazy, and think it will be 24-10 Houston. We will shock alot of people this year. Big Ben holds the ball a long time, and will throw it into coverage.
Since this a Matt Schaub thread and I got a little off base I'm gonna bring it back to Matt. With the Steelers game being 1st on the schedule with a new oline scheme and some shuffling and the need to protect Matt from a usually very agressive Steeler defense, I believe we will take a very conservative approach and focus on running the ball. I don't think we will score much in this game. I do hope I'm wrong.

maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Since this a Matt Schaub thread and I got a little off base I'm gonna bring it back to Matt. With the Steelers game being 1st on the schedule with a new oline scheme and some shuffling and the need to protect Matt from a usually very agressive Steeler defense, I believe we will take a very conservative approach and focus on running the ball. I don't think we will score much in this game. I do hope I'm wrong.

I disagree. With extra time to prepare for the opener, and early in the year before injuries, I think we'll outscore them. Kubiak puts it together well on offense, and early in the season, the studs will get it going. Schaub to Johnson in full effect!

If the game were in Week 10 or something, I would go the other way until proven wrong.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read