Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I love speed.

My Maserati does 185- Joe Walsh
My 1BAD BOY does 120- me.

Now the Texans are playing up to my interests. Lets talk about speed.

There is our pride and joy Andre Johnson. Last pre-season, JJ showed us some "scoot". Andre Davis has a new contract and should fly like an eagle.

Steve (super slick) Slaton will have DBs scratching heads and muttering "where did he go? Oh, there he is in the end zone!"

Duane Brown 40 time 5.09 pretty fast for a LT!

Brandon Mitchell safety 40 time 4.42 http://www.houstontexans.com/team/pl...?player_id=297I want to see this guy in coverage.

And word is CB Jacques Reeves can run a bit also.

Antwaun Molden 4.39? http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...aunmolden.html

Somebody better pull this team over before we get a speeding ticket.
Old 05-28-2008   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I love speed.

The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.
Old 05-28-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=threetoedpete;926564]The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.[/QUOTE]
This would be true if he was going up the middle, but I see him on slants and end arounds, mis-directional plays etc. Sure he can get hurt anywhere on the field as can any player. I think I am really gonna like this guy. I was not a fan pre- draft, but as a 3rd rounder? Whoosh!
Old 05-28-2008   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.
I doubt Marciano will let Slaton stay out there if he doesn't show the 'nads for the job.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Sooner or later one of the coaches in our division will send six at them. Double S will have to block it correctly. I'll save my dancing in the streets when I've actually seen him do it on the field. My guess is, he'll be inactive the first game.
Old 05-28-2008   #7
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=badboy;926569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.[/QUOTE]
This would be true if he was going up the middle, but I see him on slants and end arounds, mis-directional plays etc. Sure he can get hurt anywhere on the field as can any player. I think I am really gonna like this guy. I was not a fan pre- draft, but as a 3rd rounder? Whoosh!
They don't mean running--blocking is the key. The RB is the quarterback's personal protector against the blitz. If Slaton cannot read and appropriately react to a blitz, then our QBs will get killed. And by "reacting to a blitz", I mean sticking your nose directly in the path of a lethally fast 240-pound linebacker. I don't care how good a runner he is; at this level, if he cannot pick up the blitz, we cannot afford to play him.

Fortunately, Slaton has the benefit of a teammate who is one of the all-time greats at pass protection. Brett Farve owes much of his late-career durability to Ahman Green's prowess at keeping angry linebackers off him. Hopefully, Slaton can learn all of Green's tricks.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2008   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry.....I thought this was a coke thread, but then I realized it is in the wrong section.

Carry on fellow message boarders.......carry on.

Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #9
MedicCook
s0lidgr0und.org

Rep Power: 16 MedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame BallotMedicCook is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Sorry.....I thought this was a coke thread, but then I realized it is in the wrong section.

Carry on fellow message boarders.......carry on.

Same here.
MedicCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

[quote=Hooston Texan;926609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

They don't mean running--blocking is the key. The RB is the quarterback's personal protector against the blitz. If Slaton cannot read and appropriately react to a blitz, then our QBs will get killed. And by "reacting to a blitz", I mean sticking your nose directly in the path of a lethally fast 240-pound linebacker. I don't care how good a runner he is; at this level, if he cannot pick up the blitz, we cannot afford to play him.

Fortunately, Slaton has the benefit of a teammate who is one of the all-time greats at pass protection. Brett Farve owes much of his late-career durability to Ahman Green's prowess at keeping angry linebackers off him. Hopefully, Slaton can learn all of Green's tricks.
Just curious, how often will we have a one back set? Did we not often employ a full back on many of our running plays? Will there be a time that a blitz will be called? Certainly. However, with a better O line and Schaub's ability to get rid of ball, hopefully there will be infrequent need for SS to block a LB. I'd be surprised Gibbs went along with the selection of Slaton if he thought his QB would be Carred.
Old 05-28-2008   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

where do the coke threads normally go?

we have normal coke threads?

i'm the only one posting on this board at 4 am usually.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

Dr. Pepper 4 life yo
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

"No Coke. Pepsi."
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

The cops will be at your door shortly, badboy.

Old 05-28-2008   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

How long would a thread about 'speed' actually last on the boards before the Mods delete it do you reckon?
Old 05-29-2008   #16
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
How long would a thread about 'speed' actually last on the boards before the Mods delete it do you reckon?
Less time then the much missed Babes thread.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Less time then the much missed Babes thread.
This babes thread??

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46371

The Mods taketh away and the Mods giveth back

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read