Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2008   #61
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
As long as the negotiations are not becoming a distraction, its no big deal. RS needs to concentrate on doing everything he can to improve this team going into 2008 season. He will get an extension and probably even a raise.
Oh no doubt.
I was just wondering if there were any rumors floating around about whether it would be another 3-yr deal? Longer?

I don't know if you guys saw this quote on HT.com when the media types asked R.S. if he thought this was now "his team"....

Quote:
(on if he feels like this is his team that he constructed) I think its our team. And I understand the spirit behind the question, but this is not my team. I think we do a collaborative effort. We use a lot of information from a lot of sources and a lot of opinions. But I do feel like were a better football team. I think we have worked here to improve the talent of the team and the coaching staff is working extremely hard, so I feel like weve gotten better.
I could be "projecting", but that sounds like code for "I've finally cleaned up the mess the last guy left and ran most of the riff-raff out of town... Now just wait till I have some real Cap room!"

but, like I said, I'm probably "projecting" what I'd have said, had they asked me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #62
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering the '03 & '04 Drafts were an abomination orchestrated by C&C, I would say that is a pretty accurate evaluation.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #63
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think it'd be a smart move to extend it this summer.

I like his dedication, his demeanor, his approach to the draft and free agency, and how well it seems him and Kubiak work in tandem to build this organization from the ground up. Seems like one of those guys that when he gets this team built up to where it needs to be he has the forethought to make solid decisions down the road.

Another thing I'd like to get him signed long term is if you look at winning teams in the NFL usually you have ownership and front office stability.
Golden I'm down with you on that. I think the guy has shown enuff already and we shouldn't wait. Nitro I understand what you are saying to but sometimes you just get a feeling.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read