Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2008   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis Johnson Injury

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...pe=team_report

In other news, defensive tackle Travis Johnson returned to the team after missing the minicamp two weeks ago for his wedding. Johnson did not join his teammates on the field though. The Texans are monitoring a pelvic injury. They are unsure how long it will sideline Johnson.

Just got married? Wonder how that pelvic injury happened. Oh well I'm willing to bet he has no more pelvic injuries after about ohhh... 1 year...

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #2
ocd
Rookie

Default Re: Travis Johnson Injury

Just an observation...

Sounds like he got a good woman!

ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd View Post
Just an observation...

Sounds like he got a good woman!

Considering the injury, she's more of a hard mistress
Old 05-26-2008   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now see....
you boys are just being tacky...

...I wonder if she has a sister...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

leave Travis alone, ok

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

First off this was old news when mike posted it. 2nd if you guys would take the time to read the quotes from Kubiak, he has been having issues with this unnamed problem since February.

you guys are being tacky.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

You're being grumpy, and no fun

Well.. enough of the namecalling!
Old 05-26-2008   #8
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet they are ragging on him in the locker room.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
First off this was old news when mike posted it. 2nd if you guys would take the time to read the quotes from Kubiak, he has been having issues with this unnamed problem since February.

So, she didn't wait?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #11
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:

I think we need to change the name of the board to PCtexanstalk.com

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #12
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!
Damn. Now thats funny... I don't care who you are!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #13
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I think we need to change the name of the board to PCtexanstalk.com
There is anti TJ bias on the board and any thing they can use to ridicule the guy is seized upon. He has a medical issue which he said he cannot pronounce and not one reporter has gone to the trainer to get the name of (Travis told them to ask the trainer the name BTW).

Making fun of a true medical condition that may limit his on field play, if he keeps missing time, is not something to make fun of.

I am far from being PC.
Old 05-28-2008   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is anti TJ bias on the board and any thing they can use to ridicule the guy is seized upon. He has a medical issue which he said he cannot pronounce and not one reporter has gone to the trainer to get the name of (Travis told them to ask the trainer the name BTW).

Making fun of a true medical condition that may limit his on field play, if he keeps missing time, is not something to make fun of.

I am far from being PC.
Look Kaz Matsui of the Houston Astros had an issues with hemerroids and jokes flew off the shelf like you would not believe it is what we do and how we do it. I bet any player including mario gets and injury that is can remotely be made fun of (if not serious) it will be. Any player who has a bad back cause he player guitar hero to long is going to be made fun of ... it is what it is.

Some of us have a sense of humor that is borderline on needing help from a train professional, and I can assure you I am one of them.
Old 05-28-2008   #15
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Now see....
you boys are just being tacky...

...I wonder if she has a sister...?
Punta Punta Punta!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am far from being PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Look Kaz Matsui of the Houston Astros had an issues with hemerroids and jokes flew off the shelf like you would not believe it is what we do and how we do it. I bet any player including mario gets and injury that is can remotely be made fun of (if not serious) it will be. Any player who has a bad back cause he player guitar hero to long is going to be made fun of ... it is what it is.

Some of us have a sense of humor that is borderline on needing help from a train professional, and I can assure you I am one of them.

I support TJ, but anytime a player comes back from a honeymoon and has an injury in a sensitive area, jokes are going to be made. I imagine my old workplace would have given me considerable grief in a similar situation.

To add to Spec's list, Pence got made fun of for running through a glass door.

No piling on TJ going on here, at least on my part.

And BTW, TexansFanatic. LMAO rep on the way.
Old 05-28-2008   #17
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I support TJ, but anytime a player comes back from a honeymoon and has an injury in a sensitive area, jokes are going to be made. I imagine my old workplace would have given me considerable grief in a similar situation.
The injury started way before the honeymoon is one of my biggest points. But who cares.

And BTW I made fun of Pence too.
Old 05-29-2008   #18
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

How was I ragging on him? He has an injury in his groin area. If I've got to pull a groin muscle or aquire any injury for that matter, I hope its doing what I was insenuating he was doing. Painekiller... might I suggest you change your name to moodstabilizer and then bite off a finger?

Just so that's not missunderstood too let me break it down for you.

Painekiller is spelled similarly to pain killer.
If you get injured and it hurts you might take those to alleviate any pain.
If you changed your name to moodstabilizer it would imply that you have assumed the form of a drug that makes your mood stable.
If you bite off a finger you have then injuested the mood stabilizer.
Then you would be happy, or at the very least not so angry.
Then you would not feel the need to ruin our fun.
It is a joke. It is not meant to be offensive.
It is the offseason. Was my thread really any worse than the 400th (which I will be posting the 401st before long I'm sure) predict the record thread?

I don't have anything against TJ.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #19
ocd
Rookie

I'm starting to think painekiller's related to Travis Johnson.

Here's the deal. If we get production from his position we go the playoffs imo...assuming we have an offense and the secondary can do its' job...

Seriously, TJ is either part of the problem or part of the solution (sorry for the cliche) and if we get the production from him that he's capable of, then the middle is an area of concern for offenses gameplanning.

I love Koobs. But if he hurts his groin "somehow" and has to use a golf cart to go everywhere, I'm busting on him.

Last edited by ocd; 05-29-2008 at 02:21 PM.
ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #20
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

And BTW, TexansFanatic. LMAO rep on the way.
Thanks, brother.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read