Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default believe in now

so it's kind of a herky jerky phrase but i just saw this promo on www.houstontexans.com where Kubiak is talking and saying that it's 2008 and it's the NFL and the time is now... or something.

but the music and the footage got me pretty pumped up!

anybody else see it?

it was after the brisiel interview.
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: believe in now

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
so it's kind of a herky jerky phrase but i just saw this promo on www.houstontexans.com where Kubiak is talking and saying that it's 2008 and it's the NFL and the time is now... or something.

but the music and the footage got me pretty pumped up!

anybody else see it?

it was after the brisiel interview.
note my sig line; I changed it after I saw the new team promo...

And I sure was getting a bit tired of "YOU'RE the home field advantage"
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #3
whiskeyrbl

It does kinda get the collective football juices stirring. It is on after every video by the way. Only 75 days till the first Preseason game.
Old 05-26-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I got the NFL HD package for this season. Can't wait for football to begin.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
note my sig line; I changed it after I saw the new team promo...

And I sure was getting a bit tired of "YOU'RE the home field advantage"
Amen. Gosh, was that annoying. :P

I was going to post this thread about 3 days ago or so, but I forgot about it. :P

In other news, I just got my All-Access tickets in the mail (my printer was screwing up so they had to send it to us)! Keep a look out for a short kid in a red texans jersey with the number 34 that says the name "Espinoza" on the back!

Old 05-26-2008   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe!

I believe!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

PS-OK, I had the picture of the guy in Waterboy, but I think it's copyrighted or something--maybe just too big.

Last edited by HJam72; 05-26-2008 at 08:58 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope I didn't kill this thread.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2008   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Would someone please fully translate that including the music pace? FULLY translate it. Word for word including pauses between words. I would be so grateful for that since I'm going to be watching that video after every video that I watch from now on. I'd really like to know what it says exactly. Exactly.

I'm psyched!! Looks like a great slogan and it makes me believe that our time is NOW.
Old 05-26-2008   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Would someone please fully translate that including the music pace? FULLY translate it. Word for word including pauses between words. I would be so grateful for that since I'm going to be watching that video after every video that I watch from now on. I'd really like to know what it says exactly. Exactly.

I'm psyched!! Looks like a great slogan and it makes me believe that our time is NOW.
What about right now! What about right now, huh!(with a slight tone of question [kinda like saying, "What you gonna do, huh?" in a nasty, mean tone])...Lets go then!

This is spoken kind of in a whisper. Not exactly a whisper, but he's not shouting it. He's saying it with aggressive excitement though

Background music, medium tempo, you can tell it's a forceful yet exciting tune though

Kubiak: Believe in now. It's 2008 and its once again time to go back to work to be a part of once again the great National Football League where everybody has that chance to win the Lombardi Trophy. And we at the Texans organization are doing everything we can to get our young organization (music begins speeding up at this point)to that point and have the opportunity to be a playoff team and someday win a Championship in the National Football League. It's about now. Now it's 2008. Music speeds up after Kubiak is done speaking while all the highlights roll and it climaxes with the "NOW" showing up.

Not sure if that's exactly how you wanted it Nitro.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What about right now! What about right now, huh!(with a slight tone of question [kinda like saying, "What you gonna do, huh?" in a nasty, mean tone])...Lets go then!

This is spoken kind of in a whisper. Not exactly a whisper, but he's not shouting it. He's saying it with aggressive excitement though

Background music, medium tempo, you can tell it's a forceful yet exciting tune though

Kubiak: Believe in now. It's 2008 and its once again time to go back to work to be a part of once again the great National Football League where everybody has that chance to win the Lombardi Trophy. And we at the Texans organization are doing everything we can to get our young organization (music begins speeding up at this point)to that point and have the opportunity to be a playoff team and someday win a Championship in the National Football League. It's about now. Now it's 2008. Music speeds up after Kubiak is done speaking while all the highlights roll and it climaxes with the "NOW" showing up.

Not sure if that's exactly how you wanted it Nitro.
This post has now been saved into my computer. I'm so psyched. Thanks so much, TexanSam. You've really made my (hopefully other Deaf/hard of hearing Texans fans too) time as a Texans fan so much easier and allowed me to partake in the FUN with your translations.

I can't rep or thank you enough for it. You're an asset.
Old 05-26-2008   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This post has now been saved into my computer. I'm so psyched. Thanks so much, TexanSam. You've really made my (hopefully other Deaf/hard of hearing Texans fans too) time as a Texans fan so much easier and allowed me to partake in the FUN with your translations.

I wish I could explain the music, but I'm not good at that. The best I can explain it is that it's kind of like a train...except that it doesn't start extremely slow. But it does speed up and halfway through Kubiak's speech it speeds up even more and then speeds up even more after he's done.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wish I could explain the music, but I'm not good at that. The best I can explain it is that it's kind of like a train...except that it doesn't start extremely slow. But it does speed up and halfway through Kubiak's speech it speeds up even more and then speeds up even more after he's done.
You did a perfect job, TexanSam. I've got the music down in my head thanks to you. It may not be the same music that's playing in the background but it's got the very very very same excitement that you and others who enjoyed this video have got. I'm Deaf but I understand the meaning and the various speeds and paces of tempo. You did a very good job of explaining it. I'm estatic.
Old 05-27-2008   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The "what about right now..." part is Ray Lewis.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I added a bit of rep for Sam too, it was a very nice thing he did.
Old 05-27-2008   #15
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

FYI - That is the slogan for the entire NFL this season. Like 'Who wants it more?' was last year's slogan.

I saw the "Official" trailer weeks ago on the NFL Network. I think 'Who wants it more?' was more applicable to the NFL, but not like this year's is in anyway. I guess a yearly slogan is the next weapon in NFL marketing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read