Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2008   #1
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Sign Ryan and Williams

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

HOUSTON (TICKER) —The Houston Texans on Monday signed a pair of free agents in tight end Ryan Krause and cornerback Jimmy Williams.

A four-year veteran, Krause, 26, played in nine games as a backup for the Green Bay Packers last season, catching two passes for 11 yards.

Williams, 29, is a six-year veteran who last played in the NFL in 2006 with the Seattle Seahawks.

In another move, the Texans released Cole Bennett, a rookie tight end out of Auburn.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #2
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Sign Ryan and Williams

I wonder if you meant people to think about Demeco and Mario.... I sure did, I was thinking contract extensions all around.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I wonder if you meant people to think about Demeco and Mario.... I sure did, I was thinking contract extensions all around.
That's initially what I thought but was like...isn't it a bit too early to get those extensions done?

Isn't Jimmy Williams a former Vtech guy too? I remember him being able to lay the wood.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #4
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19807 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! That gives the Texans 15 CB's/DB's/S's on the roster fighting for 4 positions + depth. Talk about competition.

Correction: Make that 17 when they sign Molden/Barber.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got me reading it!

Anyone know how useful these guys are?
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
That's initially what I thought but was like...isn't it a bit too early to get those extensions done?

Isn't Jimmy Williams a former Vtech guy too? I remember him being able to lay the wood.
You're thinking of Jimmy F. Williams, who went to VaTech and got drafted by the Falcons. We signed Jimmy R. Williams, who went to Vanderbilt and last played in 2006. Consequently, neither of them are former Astros manager Jimy Williams.
Old 05-19-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Got me reading it!

Anyone know how useful these guys are?
Camp fodder, I suspect.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2008   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I was hoping he ment Ricky Williams.
Old 05-20-2008   #9
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Wow! That gives the Texans 15 CB's/DB's/S's on the roster fighting for 4 positions + depth. Talk about competition.

Correction: Make that 17 when they sign Molden/Barber.
Indeed, but I'm willing to bet that the lot of it is camp fodder...as there is really no competition for Robinson's, Bennett's, and possibly Earl's spot on the depth chart. Molden, just to speculate, may come in to replace Faggins at the nickle corner spot. I'm sure a lot of these secondary guys will be hacked off before pre-season gets underway.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Indeed, but I'm willing to bet that the lot of it is camp fodder...as there is really no competition for Robinson's, Bennett's, and possibly Earl's spot on the depth chart. Molden, just to speculate, may come in to replace Faggins at the nickle corner spot. I'm sure a lot of these secondary guys will be hacked off before pre-season gets underway.
Earl's going to be fighting for a roster spot much less a starting role.

IIRC, Fletcher has the nickel position and it should be his to lose. It'd be great if the rook could beat him out as it would improve our depth.

Old 05-20-2008   #11
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Earl's going to be fighting for a roster spot much less a starting role.

IIRC, Fletcher has the nickel position and it should be his to lose. It'd be great if the rook could beat him out as it would improve our depth.

Oops, I had a brain fart on the Earl thing. I was thinking of Will Demps.

As for Fletcher, he is solid but shouldn't (in my opinion) be considered a lock for the position. He's not getting any younger and is, at his best, an above average CB. I would prefer to see Molden get some reps and reserve Fletcher for fairly reliable depth.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Oops, I had a brain fart on the Earl thing. I was thinking of Will Demps.

As for Fletcher, he is solid but shouldn't (in my opinion) be considered a lock for the position. He's not getting any younger and is, at his best, an above average CB. I would prefer to see Molden get some reps and reserve Fletcher for fairly reliable depth.
Yeah, Will came on strong towards the end of the season. Hopefully he's got a Juggs machine at the house because his hands must've been sponsered by Acme Brick Company last season.

I agree. Like I mentioned, I hope Molden's able to win that position. It's improve our depth too.
Old 05-21-2008   #13
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
You're thinking of Jimmy F. Williams, who went to VaTech and got drafted by the Falcons. We signed Jimmy R. Williams, who went to Vanderbilt and last played in 2006. Consequently, neither of them are former Astros manager Jimy Williams.
Very interesting that we picked Jimmy, I knew him during college. He was a good player then...haven't heard much about him since he left Nashville...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if teams will be carrying as much "camp fodder" this season. Without NFL Europe teams can only have 80 players going into camp. Right now the Texans list 87, but the 7 draft picks haven't been signed so they don't count. Once they start signing players will have to disappear. I doubt the team will bring 5 QBs into camp. A couple of those DBs might also be pre-camp cuts.

It means we might see better competition during preseason games, but we might also start seeing injuries.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read