Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 05-20-2008   #361
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
trade deadline was yesterday - i'm not sure if that affects signings or not but i think it does.

i'm all for fair play but this looks like bad business to me. i dont trust anyone by nature and if he were an honest player he would've said something seeing as he's never been inactive. i dont like it and i'd cut ties immediately ... BUT that's the reason yall are in charge, each of you is far more aware than i am.

edit: passing information and saving our scripts is very different.
Well, it just sucks to be in this situation. Maybe we can send a message to Bort and ask them to check the DV Assaisins forum? If he has been spying and posting, I would think that would be against the rules somehow. Maybe they won't do it.

I have read in one of my other team's forum, they are not even posting the gameplan, just telling everyone how to set their tatics. They are saying the forums can be hacked pretty easily and that the Admins are trying to fix it. Don't know how true that is, but that's what the OC of the team said.

I don't understand why people just have to freaking cheat. Isn't it much more fun to gameplan and compete and see how the game turns out, much more satisfying to earn it. Freaking cheatin' losers.
Old 05-20-2008   #362
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd highly recommend contacting bort and DD on this matter. both to bring another example into play and to hopefully make sure we're not being quoted on another team's forum. that's the only way to make sure.

i have to appologize though. i saw this player earlier and mixed him up with someone else. i thought the conflicting player had been traded so i didnt think anything else of it and am just now finding out i was looking at the wrong guy.
Old 05-20-2008   #363
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'd highly recommend contacting bort and DD on this matter. both to bring another example into play and to hopefully make sure we're not being quoted on another team's forum. that's the only way to make sure.

i have to appologize though. i saw this player earlier and mixed him up with someone else. i thought the conflicting player had been traded so i didnt think anything else of it and am just now finding out i was looking at the wrong guy.
I will send them a message, also I am going to go create a Guard right now, so we have an 3rd string option.
Old 05-20-2008   #364
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Here's the message I sent:

Quote:

Hi,

I have a concern and I wanted to bring attention to it, in case either you have seen this before or perhaps may be new to you guys. I am the GM of the Houston Toro's. We have discovered our backup center, Samuel T. Bonecrusher, agent is Laurence of Arabia, plays for an opponent in our division. Mine and the other coaches concern is that he may be spying information from us and posting in his other teams forum, "Death Valley Assasains". This could very well be a coincidence that he just happened to have two of his players on these two teams. While we don't want to be paranoid, neither do we want to be naive. Is there any way you guys could just look at his team forum and see if he is posting and sharing our gameplans and such. We have a good chance to see them in the playoffs. We are a suspicious because he has never posted in our forums, never speaks out to his teammates and had never been inactive. Our owner sent him a message but we have not heard back.

All we want is a level playing field. It is shame to hear about some of the cheating that has happened and people trying to find a way to get ahead unfairly. This is a great game, a ton of fun, and very rewarding when you earn a win. I don't know if you had this question before, I am sure there is no problem having players in the same division as long as it is done with integrity.

Again, we have no way to know if he is loyal to the team or not.

Have you had any reports like this? Is there a precedence of what you guys will do in this situation? We really hope he is on the level, we want to keep him on the team and keep moving forward. But for some reason our gameplans are getting ripped off, that would just be terribly wrong.

thanks for any help and guidance you can offer,
HT
Old 05-20-2008   #365
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Here's my G:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=455399
Old 05-20-2008   #366
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover

Hardcore and Scoot,

you both have the ability to mod the forums. If you want to, lets save all our gameplanning information on all the past games and delete the gameplanning threads. There is alot of information on other teams on our boards. I hate to think they might be using our learned inforomation to gameplan against other teams in our division.

I tend to agree with scoot, i just don't trust the situation as being pure chance.

I can't check my GLB account till later today, I will let you know if he replied when i get home.

Last edited by San Antonio Texan; 05-20-2008 at 01:49 PM.
San Antonio Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #367
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Texan View Post
Hardcore and Scoot,

you both have the ability to mod the forums. If you want to lets save all our gameplanning information on all the past games and delete the gameplanning threads. Thier is alot of information on other teams on our boards. I hate to think they might be using our learned inforomation to gameplan against other teams in our division.

I tend to agree with scoot, i just don't trust the situation as being pure chance.

I can't check my GLB account till later today, I will let you know if he replied when i get home.
I will start saving the game plans to my hard drive. I can email them to you and Scoot so we have back ups.

Do you want me to sign my G or you can make an offer later. I am getting D league offers already, I am not sure how those work. I would not mind leveling up through XP in a D leauge is I can signed by the Toros as soon as I am needed.
Old 05-20-2008   #368
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover

Hold up for a day or two, if you sign with a d leage you might get traded. lets see what happens over the next couple of days.
Old 05-20-2008   #369
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Hey Hardcore, go ahead and sign your player to one of the D-league teams. You can't be traded to another team, and you will be able to develope your guy until needed. If you sign with a D-league team, you can be offered a contract from any human team, but it is up to you to accept the offer.

As far as the Bonecrasher goes, I believe you can bar him from viewing the team forums if it comes down to it. I really doubt he is passing on anything though. He was a member of the Toros before his other player joined Death Valley. When I signed him, there was no conflict, and now I hope it is just coincidence that his SS signed with Death Valley a couple games later.
Old 05-21-2008   #370
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i might've been a little hasty but the whole thing doesnt exactly sit well with me and he should've been the one to say something. if we can keep him from reading the forums, that's a way to keep him without having to worry. i want no part of personnel though so this is entirely up to you guys.
Old 05-21-2008   #371
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Well in his reply he confirmed what Vtech described when he signed him. He stated that he never has given team gameplanning away to his other team. When hardcore gets a reply from the forum admins I think we can make a decision from that information. As for now, he will stay on the team at least to the playoffs. If we win out we won't be matched with DVA so i don't think it will be a large issue.

If it comes back that he did post info, well, we have to cut him. What makes me upset with that scenario is we can't even trade him due to the trade deadline.

on a side note, I did not know players could be offered contracts on d leagues, thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-21-2008   #372
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I have my Guard on d-league team now, getting him developed until he is needed. If we get real far along and never need him that's fine too. Might could be the 3rd stringer for both guard positions?
Old 05-23-2008   #373
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Texan View Post
Well in his reply he confirmed what Vtech described when he signed him. He stated that he never has given team gameplanning away to his other team. When hardcore gets a reply from the forum admins I think we can make a decision from that information. As for now, he will stay on the team at least to the playoffs. If we win out we won't be matched with DVA so i don't think it will be a large issue.

If it comes back that he did post info, well, we have to cut him. What makes me upset with that scenario is we can't even trade him due to the trade deadline.

on a side note, I did not know players could be offered contracts on d leagues, thanks for the heads up.
I am a little late on this topic. I had noticed this conflict of interest earlier in the season, but for some reason I didn't mention it. I doubt if the guy is a spy because that would be stupid and ridiculous.

If he is some sort of spy then couldn't we trade him after the season? He is under contract for a while. We could always pm the gameplan if need be. It's more likely that if we have spy's on our team then they are smart enough not to play for another team in our conference.

Who on our team is not a member of TT? I would love to see a list because it is hard to tell when some people have different user names on the different boards. Plus, some guys only post here and not there and vice versa.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #374
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. It seems a little to blatant to be a spy operation. There are convievable ways to go undercover with a 3rd team in a different league.

Example:
Agent A puts a player on Toros in BBB3 and another player on Team X in BBB1.
Agent B puts a player on Bulls in BBB3 and another player in the same Team X in BBB1.

Those two could trade Toros info on their Team X forum, but that seems like way to much work just to spy on one team.

Also, I'm RTMFNP on the GLB boards.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #375
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

My name is AlphaWave on the boards, just for the record. Player is backup FS Frank Alpha. I do have another account that was dumped on me by my brother that im running. it has one player (LVL 6 or 7? NT Macho Donkey) starting for our rivals, the West Charleville Sharpshooters. I have never posted there other than to say hi, and where i'm from. I would've asked to have him traded here, but didn't think we needed him and didn't want to take away a spot from another TT member since I have already playing here.

But, if i had my choice, i'd have him here. Easier to watch both that way.

With the present situation, I felt it would be necessary to mention.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #376
Scooter
Funky

i'm first in line as far as overreacting, but "spy" is hardly the term and i was wrong in getting overly worked up about it. favoriting one team and sharing your other team's successful means is something different and is equally harmful, whether by accident or not. scourge makes a perfect example that it can be completely harmless and purely accidental, and from what we can tell it's the same way with this guy so my appologies for going straight to the guillotine. what i dont like is not knowing and it coming from an "outside" player. there are a couple of active guys who are on the forums (steele's owner for example) that i'd really like to keep around for next season, but i think it'd be in our best interest to try to make it more of a TT team this offseason.
Old 05-25-2008   #377
Dcolbyt
starter

I basically was able to create my cb (colby tyler) from referals from everyone on this site.
Old 05-28-2008   #378
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
My name is AlphaWave on the boards, just for the record. Player is backup FS Frank Alpha. I do have another account that was dumped on me by my brother that im running. it has one player (LVL 6 or 7? NT Macho Donkey) starting for our rivals, the West Charleville Sharpshooters. I have never posted there other than to say hi, and where i'm from. I would've asked to have him traded here, but didn't think we needed him and didn't want to take away a spot from another TT member since I have already playing here.

But, if i had my choice, i'd have him here. Easier to watch both that way.

With the present situation, I felt it would be necessary to mention.
see if he will release you when the seasons over, so we can sign you to the new team.
Old 05-28-2008   #379
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I have three players on two different teams, and would love to have one of them join the Toros if there is a spot.
Two of them are free agents this offseason, and one is on a long term contract, but may still be available because he is a speedy, agile DE on a team who is switching to a 3-4 next season. They may want to have more beefy DLinemen with the 3-4.
The other two are a fast coverage/blitzing type OLB, and a pure blocking stud of a FB.

Here are links to their profiles (settings allow all to view their profiles):

Buck Ditkus - (Lvl 15 DE):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=121514

B.A. Blitzer - (Lvl 14 OLB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=249573

Wolfgang Gunnz (Lvl 14 FB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=174704
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #380
Scooter
Funky

i'm greedy but i'd take all 3 of em. vtech's started planning ahead so he'd be the one to talk to.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read