Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2008   #41
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: DiapHer's son

Glad to hear your son is doing well & healing nicely. My son will be 6 soon. I caught him swinging upside down yesterday. I wasn't too happy, but I guess it's part of growing up. Have to go. He just made a mess of my wife's Mother's Day cake
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #42
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DiapHer's son

Kyle you need to swim as soon as you can to build muscle in your arm. When I was 15 I hurt my arm and was told not to swim, Come on put a removable cast on me and tell me not to swim, Anyhoo I succeded to strengthen my arm and gained 99.9% movement when the doctors said I would not get 60% movement.
Old 05-13-2008   #43
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Kyle you need to swim as soon as you can to build muscle in your arm. When I was 15 I hurt my arm and was told not to swim, Come on put a removable cast on me and tell me not to swim, Anyhoo I succeded to strengthen my arm and gained 99.9% movement when the doctors said I would not get 60% movement.
I remember after getting my cast off for a fractured wrist in 7th grade and coming home the first thing I did was get in the pool for a swim...it HURT like no other I thought it was still broken. I also swam the entire time with the cast on...think of a shark but I would swim on my side with my arm straight up out of the water.

Thanks Joe, swimming will be his best bet in recovering!!!
Old 05-13-2008   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
I remember after getting my cast off for a fractured wrist in 7th grade and coming home the first thing I did was get in the pool for a swim...it HURT like no other I thought it was still broken. I also swam the entire time with the cast on...think of a shark but I would swim on my side with my arm straight up out of the water.

Thanks Joe, swimming will be his best bet in recovering!!!
You can remember that long ago??
Old 05-13-2008   #45
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You can remember that long ago??
Yep, enough to remember that I am not going to tell you how I fractured it!!!

Is it just me or are you stalking me?
Old 05-13-2008   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
Yep, enough to remember that I am not going to tell you how I fractured it!!!

Is it just me or are you stalking me?
Maybe?? I think I'm gonna your work.....
Old 05-13-2008   #47
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Maybe?? I think I'm gonna your work.....
I need a Texan Bill translator.
Old 05-13-2008   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
LMAO!!!

What I meant was.......... "I think I am gonna CALL your work"
Old 05-13-2008   #49
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is going to fly to Iowa and show up at her job and stalk her. To bad she works from home and has the shotgun near by just incase he actually does show up. The hogs need to be feed anyway.
Old 05-13-2008   #50
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
He is going to fly to Iowa and show up at her job and stalk her. To bad she works from home and has the shotgun near by just incase he actually does show up. The hogs need to be feed anyway.
An Aggie feeding the Hogs?!?? Sounds good to me.
Old 05-13-2008   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Quite enough from the peanut gallery, don't ya think?!?
Old 05-13-2008   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
An Aggie feeding the Hogs?!?? Sounds good to me.
Although, hogs in that neck of the woods are good eatin', as well as the corn and cattle... Remember, I have experience with "The A-1 sauce girl" from Iowa...
Old 05-20-2008   #53
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

UPDATE:

Kyle went back to the doctor again this morning and they took more x rays and the bones are still in line but he still has a big bump where the break happened. He was able to get a shorter cast below his elbow..he picked an orange one...I would have chosen RED but our school colors here are orange and black. Good news is that the doctor said only two more weeks instead of 4 more. BAD news he went turkey hunting this weekend and he now has poison oak on his upper chest and leg.(Don't yell at me SheTexan) We are treating it aggressively with Zanfel (poison ivy wash) and prednisone tablets.
Old 05-20-2008   #54
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh My Gosh, A cast in this heat is bad enough, but Poison itchy rash on top of it. . . Poor kid! So sorry! hope he had fun hunting anyway.
Old 05-20-2008   #55
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope that poison ivy didn't get down his cast!
Old 05-20-2008   #56
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
Oh My Gosh, A cast in this heat is bad enough, but Poison itchy rash on top of it. . . Poor kid! So sorry! hope he had fun hunting anyway.

The rash hasn't made it to the cast area YET and hopfully won't, and we are in fantastic Spring weather up here right now...73 degrees and NO humidity!! Hopefully, when the heat hits he will have his cast off and he is doing therapy in our pool in the backyard.
Old 05-20-2008   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

When is that he supposed to get it off? and then, does he have to wear a soft cast for a little while??
Old 05-20-2008   #58
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just don't put any stickers on it..lol.

Old 05-20-2008   #59
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

The doctor said only two weeks with this new (hard cast) not sure about having to wear a soft cast after that because my husband took him to the doctor this morning and he tends to leave small details out but I will ask.
Old 05-20-2008   #60
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Just don't put any stickers on it..lol.

How cute!!!

Kyle said he wasn't going to let anyone sign this one he wanted to TRY to keep it clean. Thank GAWD they washed his arm and hand before they put the new one on. The lady that cut his old one off told him about a girl that they put a leg cast on and they couldn't get her to come back in..finally after ONE YEAR she came back to get it cut off!!! She went in detail about the smell and growth (things came flying out)when she cut it off!!! ugh

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read