Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub interview on TA

this is old cos they showed a piece of it during the state of the texans a few weeks ago and they finally put it up on full

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8085563b
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub interview on TA

i saw it. i thought it was kind of useless. i cannot get over how awkward any sort of press on the texans always seems to be. you just really get this vibe that nobody has a clue. and i mean just in the sense that they haven't really followed any of the ups and downs because they've all been within the range of a generally bad team so there is no reference to improvement.

it's always sort of dead pan and lifeless. the interviews that is. maybe i'm over analyzing it but i just can't help but notice that we are a true sleeper. i think the press is recognizing that we're getting better but i seriously doubt they have any sense of how far this regime has taken this team. it's a unit. a unit that i see being very good for some time to come.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think you're slightly overanalysing it but i def agree on the sleeper part.. most people tend to just think we're not bad anymore but we're not getting much/any hype as serious playoff contender whereas teams like the vikes, cards and even the bills and jets are.. while those are good teams too, i dont understand why people are rating them over us when we are stronger than them all in the very important area of qb....

dont get me wrong, i like it that we're so under the radar- i just dont really understand it given that we're coming off an injury-riddled 8-8 season...
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Until we actually show we CAN make the playoffs, and do, most folks and media are not going to take us seriously. Besides, we don't need their opinions anyway, because we have ours. And ours is better.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

oh i totally agree about not minding being a sleeper. in fact, i love it. i'll be somewhat disappointed the day that we can no longer suprise people. i'm sure i'll come to terms with the feeling of being a dominant team in the NFL but for now i thuroughly enjoy it when we play well and people are just saying "well the texans won today and looked suprisingly good."

also i do agree that until we actually win we're not going to get any respect. but god it feels good to be sitting on the eve of the texans first season as a good football team. as a respected football team. the anticipation is so different than it has been in the past. i felt it a bit last year as well but i REALLY feel it strongly this year. all i can tell people is that the texans are going to be good. "you'll see." that's all i can say because i'm too excited to say anything else!

i kind of enjoy keeping the secret. and i enjoy the "shhh" touchdown dance immensely because it defines what we've been going through and where we're headed.
Old 05-16-2008   #6
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I saw this last night. It really pissed me off.

They showed about 10 clips of Schaub getting sacked, and it made it look like he was sacked all the time like David Carr was. :/

I'm glad Schaub mentioned that we only were sacked 22 times though.
Old 05-16-2008   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I kind of enjoyed it.

They were showing the sacks due to Schaubs injuries. Schaub made it a point to explain the difference between the 06 and 07 sack numbers.

I even find it difficult to disagree with Marshall's take on our team. Even though we're now crowded at the RB position doesn't mean it's not something to question.

We still have numerous questions that need answering and until they're answered there's going to doubt.

Old 05-16-2008   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
They showed about 10 clips of Schaub getting sacked, and it made it look like he was sacked all the time like David Carr was. :/

I'm glad Schaub mentioned that we only were sacked 22 times though.
thats what i mean though. there is no analysis of anything it seems like. it's as if the first 5 years are enough data to "plug in" to the current team. i mean the quarterback has the same number on his jersey so it's basically the same team right.

Texans quarterbacks got sacked alot the first 6 years. The texans quarterback got injured last season. They suck. ok, so that's enough data to go into this interview with matt schwabb.. oh, geeze, i'll need some cut away footage for editing... hey donny, can you pull up some footage from the texans archive to use for this interview i'm doing with the stock broker from the texans?

sure.. and donny goes to the archive and there are films on texans qb's being sacked and throwing touchdowns to Andre Johnson. So donny puts it together.

eisen goes into the interview and says: hey matt are you worried about getting sacked alot? you play for the texans.

matt answers: no. in fact we drastically improved our sack numbers last year not to mention alex gibbs has come in and we're planning on running the ball well and frequently from now on and that will greatly reduce the sacks even further. not to mention we've got a pretty athletic group here now and this team is really on the cusp of something special. i know we don't get alot of attention because we have a history of loosing but this is a new regime with a new head coach and one of the best GM's in the league. We've had three really strong drafts now and we're expecting to be very competative this year and for years to come.

eisen: so there you have it... matt scwabb... worried about sacks...

back to you in the studio for an in depth look into how long TO keeps his fingernails in the off season!
Old 05-16-2008   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

i don't mind them saying we still have alot of questions. they're right to say that. we do. but i'm asking for some sort of analysis based on potential as well and recent history. rather than the statistics that are consistant with a different regime that was led by a different qb. (and yes i realize that that qb was with this regime for one season). and in this new regime it took not even one season to realize that we needed a different qb.
Old 05-16-2008   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Honestly, I kind of enjoyed it.

They were showing the sacks due to Schaubs injuries. Schaub made it a point to explain the difference between the 06 and 07 sack numbers.

I even find it difficult to disagree with Marshall's take on our team. Even though we're now crowded at the RB position doesn't mean it's not something to question.

We still have numerous questions that need answering and until they're answered there's going to doubt.

I agree. It was an enjoyable piece, and Faulk made a great point about our RB by committee. We have yet to see a solid starter emerge, so his question was indeed valid and shared by many Texans fans, as well.

I really thought it was telling what he had to say about our division rival, the Titans.
Old 05-16-2008   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

i can't remember seeing the whole piece. maybe i did though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read