Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2006   #121
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The day mario got lapped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
First you said that VY had guys making plays for him.....

Then you said, the Giants had a "melt-down"

I'm not going to argue with you, because if you can't see the irony of saying VY has guys making plays for him, when our QB basically was just on the field doing something my grandma could have done, then I can't help you....

We managed -5 passing yards....Our QB basically was just a hand-off man....Surely he had as much to do with that victory as everyone else....

Maybe I have slept since then, but when did I say VY had plays made for him or that our QB was a major contributor to the win in Oakland... Please, do not put words in my mouth..

The only point that I have made is that you need all three phases of the game to win consistently. Sure when you get there sometimes one phase can pull a game out for you.. But we are not there. We need all three and until then we will be 4-12. Maybe 6-10 or 7-9 next year...

My other point is blame the QB all you want, but that is not going to change the fact that this a bad team... Throwing VY, Montana, or anyone else in the mix without anything adding to those other elements and this team is just as bad as it is now...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #122
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTruth View Post
Mario was lapped about 4 games ago....He has 4 1/2 sacks and one was because he touched Leftwhich after he fell, Babin who never did anything at Outside linebacker now switches to DE that he played in college and he's 1/2 sack behind Mario and has only played about 1/8 the time....Why for 2 years did the media hammer Babin for how he played at OLB and called him a bust. Now he's a 1/2 a sack behind the 54 million dollar man, has played about 200 - 250 less plays and knowone says a word about Mario beeing a bust. Well except me that is....Babin might me a 10 to 12 sack guy a year playing at DE if he played every down?
Hey why isn't anyone saying anything about Carr passing for 32 yards this weekend. Maybe in the off season we should see if he not only needs a contract extension but extra money. Naaa let's just sign Jeff George or hey how about Gannon? Maybe we can get him out of the booth.
Mario has had plantar fasciatis in his right foot since somewhere around the Giants game. He's been running with a noticible limp and basicaly cant push off his right foot. Expecting him to keep getting sacks in that situation is stupid...he's already taking one for the team by gutting it out and getting on the field.
Old 12-05-2006   #123
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

wow mario is the only defensive lineman that gained a "Sack" because the QB fell down first and then Mario touched him..

hmmm maybe that stat should be thrown out the window along with a "tackle" when a QB slides feet first.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #124
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Mario has had plantar fasciatis in his right foot since somewhere around the Giants game. He's been running with a noticible limp and basicaly cant push off his right foot. Expecting him to keep getting sacks in that situation is stupid...he's already taking one for the team by gutting it out and getting on the field.
I had the same problem about five years ago the pain is in your heal and it effects you most in the morning when you take your first 20 steps.Its something he can play with,and it is something that everyone can say it limits his play.does it who knows.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #125
MrMeToo
All Pro

Mario isn't a beast.He just an average player right now.IMO I'd rather have Reggie or Vince over him.
Old 12-05-2006   #126
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
I had the same problem about five years ago the pain is in your heal and it effects you most in the morning when you take your first 20 steps.Its something he can play with,and it is something that everyone can say it limits his play.does it who knows.
Tim Duncan had it for most of last year. Go check last his stats from last year to see just how much it affects a player. It also dosnt help when he is a 300 lb mamouth...big guys tend to have lots of foot problems.
Old 12-05-2006   #127
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Tim Duncan had it for most of last year. Go check last his stats from last year to see just how much it affects a player. It also dosnt help when he is a 300 lb mamouth...big guys tend to have lots of foot problems.
I believe he plays basketball. There is a lot more running and a lot more jumping than a football game. Duncan played about 80 games last year..He is not twenty-one years old. He is around thirty. In basketball life, he is a old man.
Old 12-05-2006   #128
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
I believe he is a basketball player.There is a lot more running and jumping than football.Duncan played about eighty game last year.He is not twenty-one years old, he is about thirty thats and old man in basketball years
Old 12-05-2006   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Funny... That stellar "D" against Buffalo also had us in a 14-0 nothing deficit before I could call the beer guy over to my seats.... That's the same "stellar" D that couldn't stop anyone with 2 minutes left in the game... Carr haters will suggest that Carr should have single-handedly score more points to deflect any blame from the D... Point is, You need Defense, Offense AND Special Teams to win consisitently...

Keep ignoring all those facts if you want, just don't try p***ing in the wind and tell me its raining...
I said the D was stellar against the Raiders....... I said we had guys making plays on deffense(Faggins, 'meco, Dunta, Babin, Mario, Greenwood) and our QB couldn't throw for his normal 6 yards per pass..... we had 120 yards rushing from our running backs, and our QB was nowhere near his 22 for 22, 4 TDs in the 4th Qtr self. D'ya think defenses have figured him out yet?? could be.

If you want to bit¢h about the Defense...... you'll have to do it some other week, because they did their job this past Sunday. Wanna talk about our poor run blocking...... nope, they did their job. Wanna talk about our round has been RB........ 95 yards on 13 carries(against a pretty stout D no less)....sorry, but we can't really complain about much in those areas.
Old 12-05-2006   #130
TheRealTruth
waterboy

Quote:
I believe he is a basketball player.There is a lot more running and jumping than football.Duncan played about eighty game last year.He is not twenty-one years old, he is about thirty thats and old man in basketball years
Come on Johnyboy....Why would the coaching staff come out and say they made a mistake by drafting him? He was lazy in college, and he's lazy now but with 54 million reasons....He's a rookie. He missed a month in the summer because of an infected toe, Hasn't practiced in a month. What the heck is he going to be like in 3 years? There's always an excuse....I'll quote the great Lawrence Taylor "When your an all pro, you gotta play when your hurt baby".
Where the 15 sacks I heard about when they drafted him. It's gonna take him 3 years to get that?
TheRealTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #131
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its not Mario its the sorry OL . Worth a try .
Old 05-16-2008   #132
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

oops! sorry!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #133
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
oops! sorry!
That's OK - It's interesting to see what difference another season made. Mario has turned out much better than the 'weak sister' this thread made him out to be originally.
Old 05-16-2008   #134
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
oops! sorry!
*SIGH* I already stated how wrong I was about Mario in the other Mario thread .

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...85&postcount=6

I think you are and

And I said that it was a marathon... Which obviously has not ended but it looks good so far.

Last edited by stingray; 05-16-2008 at 10:40 AM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #135
Ckw

This thread makes me happy.
Old 05-16-2008   #136
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
*SIGH* I already stated how wrong I was about Mario in the other Mario thread .

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...85&postcount=6

I think you are and

And I said that it was a marathon... Which obviously has not ended but it looks good so far.
Dude, don't worry about it. Everyone's just happy that...everyone was wrong. Michael Smith is the only talking head I remember giving him any props. I was a Mario supporter, and I doubted him as recently as this past pre-season.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read