Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2008   #41
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: who wants to go fishin??

I've never been deep sea fishing but is it much different from being in a boat on the lake? Besides the fact it's saltwater versus freshwater of course.I miss the good ole days of fishing on the Fayetteville County lake by the power plant. Now that was some good bass fishing.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I've never been deep sea fishing but is it much different from being in a boat on the lake? Besides the fact it's saltwater versus freshwater of course.I miss the good ole days of fishing on the Fayetteville County lake by the power plant. Now that was some good bass fishing.
Yes it is, because; unless you are on the Great Lakes, lakes generally dont have 10 foot swells. That's what we had the last time I went offshore out of Port Isabelle into Mexican waters...

I tend to do more salt water fishing than fresh water, but love them both!! Trout fishing in Colorado is AWESOME!!!
Old 05-14-2008   #43
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yes it is, because; unless you are on the Great Lakes, lakes generally dont have 10 foot swells. That's what we had the last time I went offshore out of Port Isabelle into Mexican waters...

I tend to do more salt water fishing than fresh water, but love them both!! Trout fishing in Colorado is AWESOME!!!

I was wondering because I have been in boats on lakes that were pretty rough. I was thinking if I could handle that I could handle deep sea fishing.

Yeah 10 foot swells probably would make me sea sick.

Old 05-14-2008   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dramamine is your friend.....

PS... Make sure it's non-drowsy formula.
Old 05-14-2008   #45
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Dramamine is your friend.....

PS... Make sure it's non-drowsy formula.
I'll remember that if I am feeling adventurous.

Old 05-14-2008   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep, it'd take a hurricane for our lake to reach a foot. I reckon our 10 hp johnboats might take a beatin in 10 ft swells.

Dude, I've been wanting to go stream fishing for about 5 years now. I watch the Outdoor Channel quite often and love watching trout fishing with fly rods. But no, we have to go to Hawaii and other beach places.

We used to go to Grassy Lodge in Canada to fish walleye, pike and small mouth. We'd fish walleye in the morning then the guides would cook them up for lunch on shore somewhere. I want to say it was on the English river. Awesome! Just awesome
Old 05-14-2008   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yep, it'd take a hurricane for our lake to reach a foot. I reckon our 10 hp johnboats might take a beatin in 10 ft swells.

Dude, I've been wanting to go stream fishing for about 5 years now. I watch the Outdoor Channel quite often and love watching trout fishing with fly rods. But no, we have to go to Hawaii and other beach places.

We used to go to Grassy Lodge in Canada to fish walleye, pike and small mouth. We'd fish walleye in the morning then the guides would cook them up for lunch on shore somewhere. I want to say it was on the English river. Awesome! Just awesome
Pretty sure those johnboats would turn into janeboats real quick if that were to happen - or at least the people operating the boats may turn into Nancy's.

Yeah, those trips to Hawaiian beaches suck. I hate surf fishing there and catching a bunch of wahoos.
PS. I'll send some pics this summer. Going to a wedding in Maui - during the middle part of July.

I've only done walleye and pike fishing once. Visited the west half of Wisconson (with the A-1 sauce girl from Iowa). She had kin in Chetek WI. which is a tiny little town on the "Chain of Lakes"... That was some fun fishing.
Old 05-14-2008   #48
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:

I went with my dad when I was 10 or so to God's Lake Narrows, Healey Lodge. About 300 miles north of Winnipeg. We caught a bunch of pike during the trip.

The biggest monster was caught by me about 30 minutes in during the first day - my dad assumed it wasn't anything special, so it was thrown back in...it was a beast.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #49
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty sure those johnboats would turn into janeboats real quick if that were to happen - or at least the people operating the boats may turn into Nancy's.

Yeah, those trips to Hawaiian beaches suck. I hate surf fishing there and catching a bunch of wahoos.
PS. I'll send some pics this summer. Going to a wedding in Maui - during the middle part of July.

I've only done walleye and pike fishing once. Visited the west half of Wisconson (with the A-1 sauce girl from Iowa). She had kin in Chetek WI. which is a tiny little town on the "Chain of Lakes"... That was some fun fishing.
We'll be in Kaui in late June. I wasn't planning on going until the old man said he was doing it for a graduation gift for my daughter. She wanted to go to Ireland but yet he came up with Kaui. Senile sumbitch. LOL!

Walleye's some good eatin too. Northern Pike are good for the fight, but can't say much for the taste. The Indians up there call them snakefish. Really boney. Catching my first small mouth was a blast too. I was unaware of the fight they give for their size.

No wonder she used A-1 sauce....Iowa?? Where'd ya come up with a chick from Iowa? Nevermind....I reckon I don't wanna know
Old 05-14-2008   #50
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
I went with my dad when I was 10 or so to God's Lake Narrows, Healey Lodge. About 300 miles north of Winnipeg. We caught a bunch of pike during the trip.

The biggest monster was caught by me about 30 minutes in during the first day - my dad assumed it wasn't anything special, so it was thrown back in...it was a beast.
Pretty fun stuff, huh? Beautiful scenery too. I actually saw a moose, bear and a bald eagle on the same day.

We'd fly into Minneapolis then drive through International Falls to Kenora, Ontario. We had to take a float plane from Kenora to the lodge.

I caught the largest Pike and small mouth on 1 trip, but beaned our Indian guide in the forehead with my weighted hook the next.
Old 05-14-2008   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
We'll be in Kaui in late June. I wasn't planning on going until the old man said he was doing it for a graduation gift for my daughter. She wanted to go to Ireland but yet he came up with Kaui. Senile sumbitch. LOL!

Walleye's some good eatin too. Northern Pike are good for the fight, but can't say much for the taste. The Indians up there call them snakefish. Really boney. Catching my first small mouth was a blast too. I was unaware of the fight they give for their size.

No wonder she used A-1 sauce....Iowa?? Where'd ya come up with a chick from Iowa? Nevermind....I reckon I don't wanna know
Either way (Kaui or Ireland) that "senile sumbitch" done good!!

Her grandparents that we stayed with fixed some fresh Walleye and damn it was good eatin'...

Where did I come up with A-1 girl??? Sams Boat on Richmond. *in best Dr. Peter Venkman voice* "Important safety tip......... forget crossing the streams, never meet a girl at a bar"
Old 05-14-2008   #52
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Pretty fun stuff, huh? Beautiful scenery too. I actually saw a moose, bear and a bald eagle on the same day.

We'd fly into Minneapolis then drive through International Falls to Kenora, Ontario. We had to take a float plane from Kenora to the lodge.

I caught the largest Pike and small mouth on 1 trip, but beaned our Indian guide in the forehead with my weighted hook the next.
The strangest catch I had during the trip was a fish that I pulled in by the back of its head. Somehow the hook had become lodged towards the back of its skull on the outside...I'm still not sure how it happened.

Those pike have some nasty jaws and teeth - like mini-Jaws.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #53
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
The strangest catch I had during the trip was a fish that I pulled in by the back of its head. Somehow the hook had become lodged towards the back of its skull on the outside...I'm still not sure how it happened.

Those pike have some nasty jaws and teeth - like mini-Jaws.
Yep, they have some chompers, for sure. Slimey sonsaguns too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read