Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 05-06-2008   #341
Polo

Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
Why was your energy only back up to 85 before the game?

You can regain 30 energy by training on relaxed two days in a row, and you can regain 36 energy by training on relaxed with your focus set to "none".
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Texan View Post
It was due to energy, the other running backs were at 100% and the way we had the subtitution rate set up , your energy probally kept you out.
It cost me $1,000 dollars a day to train at high intensity....

I don't make that kind of jack....

Suffice it to say my training intensity is pretty much always set to low...occasionally moderate....

No carries in the last game either....Doesn't bother me though because we won...
Old 05-07-2008   #342
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if you read the GLB forum, but your lack of carries has been noticed and they are trying to fix it.
dc_txtech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #343
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
It cost me $1,000 dollars a day to train at high intensity....

I don't make that kind of jack....

Suffice it to say my training intensity is pretty much always set to low...occasionally moderate....

No carries in the last game either....Doesn't bother me though because we won...
I sent you a PM on the GLB forum, apologizing for you not getting more carries. I am pretty sure since the admins made the changes to the sim it has effected it somehow. After the screw with the energy levels they gave everyone free flex points as a make up. Since then, the carries dropped off.

Take a look at the message and let me know what you think, we want to get your more involved on special teams too, as KR/PR. We will continue to play with the sub levels and get you in there. Again, I am sorry, it has not been intentional from the coaches. We are striving for equal playing time as possible.
Old 05-07-2008   #344
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh and you will get a new contract with more money at level 8, that's when the boss has been re-negotiating.
Old 05-07-2008   #345
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I sent you a PM on the GLB forum, apologizing for you not getting more carries. I am pretty sure since the admins made the changes to the sim it has effected it somehow. After the screw with the energy levels they gave everyone free flex points as a make up. Since then, the carries dropped off.

Take a look at the message and let me know what you think, we want to get your more involved on special teams too, as KR/PR. We will continue to play with the sub levels and get you in there. Again, I am sorry, it has not been intentional from the coaches. We are striving for equal playing time as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I don't know if you read the GLB forum, but your lack of carries has been noticed and they are trying to fix it.

Cool...Sounds good......

I can't access GLB here at work, but thanks for the heads up...

Will check when I get home...

Last edited by Polo; 05-07-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-07-2008   #346
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover

For the first 4 games every back was getting good playing time, they did change something in the game simulations because we went back to the old way we had the backs set up and it is not working the same as before.

We are trying to work it out but we only get to try it once every two days. Everyone on the team is just as important as the next guy and we want everyone to develope so we have some real threats in our depth positions.
San Antonio Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #347
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Be sure to go check out the game plans and set your guys up accordingly:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...page=1#1177199
Old 05-12-2008   #348
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Wow, the rest of our schedule is tough. Go Toros!
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #349
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Wow, the rest of our schedule is tough. Go Toros!
Yes it is, everyone please check the tatics, manage your energy, and keep focusing on the training.

Try to save a boost or maybe even two for later in the season. We are going to need it.
Old 05-15-2008   #350
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

so question....what is the benefit of training on intense? You don't recover energy as fast, and its more expensive....what do you get out of it?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #351
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
so question....what is the benefit of training on intense? You don't recover energy as fast, and its more expensive....what do you get out of it?
Really no benefit out of it just a few more points giving to you. I would not train on intense unless you are in the off season and have alot of money.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #352
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

not a whole lot of difference. .39 to an attribute instead of .35 and it costs quite a bit more. money's never a problem though so train as hard as you can while still getting back to 100% energy before the next game ... for most of my guys it's one relaxed and one normal, or one normal and one intense. if you're unsure, just set it to relaxed and leave it there to be safe.

nice game against FFAS by the way. as i've said, these games are going to continually get harder and if we dont have a centerfielder out there it's going to be a long day. we want our cb's to deflect every pass and the defensive line to get all the tackles, but with 4 of our last 6 games being against playoff teams, there'll be plenty of unwanted stats to go around.

Last edited by Scooter; 05-16-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #353
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover

If you look at our back up center, his other player is on a division rival team. Death Valley Asassins. I found out when I was about to give him a new contract at lvl 8. (needless to say I did not give him a bonus) I have never seen him post and I am wondering if he might give our gameplans away via the GLB forums.

I am posting here instead of the GLB forums for obvios reasons. I sent hardcore a message about it, then I got a message that he was given signing bonus and a contract. (hardcore) If anyone knows this guy or is he a TT board member let me know.

With the playoffs coming up we can't afford to let our gameplans get into opposing teams hands.
Old 05-20-2008   #354
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it hasnt hurt us yet so i'm not sure if we should drop him or not. i definitely wouldnt say anything to him though ... the last thing we'd want is to give him a heads up if we were to cut him. if we end up playing against them in the playoffs however i'd drop him in a heartbeat - they're the only team to really score on us.

a decision should be made soon though, i think we're almost out of time to make trades or sign players.

if he's a board member, that's a different story but i dont think that it is.
Old 05-20-2008   #355
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Well I sent him a message last night. I looked at the playoff matchups if we were to start the post season today. Guess who we would be playing....

Death Valley Assasins.

I am very uncomfortable with the situation but we will play it out till the playoffs.

I will post his reply once I recieve one. He is not a board member as Vtech recruited him on the GLB boards.
Old 05-20-2008   #356
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Texan View Post
Well I sent him a message last night. I looked at the playoff matchups if we were to start the post season today. Guess who we would be playing....

Death Valley Assasins.

I am very uncomfortable with the situation but we will play it out till the playoffs.

I will post his reply once I recieve one. He is not a board member as Vtech recruited him on the GLB boards.
that's why i would NOT have written to him. making this a known matter gives him the opportunity to save any and all information on our forum. perhaps he's passing information - which could explain such a mediocre team being 7-5, but even if he werent he now is aware. cut him and do it quickly.
Old 05-20-2008   #357
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

If we want to get rid of him, we should try to trade him if possible. We will need a backup G or C, as we still have AJ to fill one or the other. I would suggest trying to trade for a similiar level G.

If not, someone should get ready to build a back up G or C. I would be glad to do it, just give a little bit of a heads up first.
Old 05-20-2008   #358
Scooter
Funky

Last edited by Scooter; 05-20-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #359
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
that's why i would NOT have written to him. making this a known matter gives him the opportunity to save any and all information on our forum. perhaps he's passing information - which could explain such a mediocre team being 7-5, but even if he werent he now is aware. cut him and do it quickly.
There is a good chance it is just coincidence he ended up in our conference, while I don't want to put ourselves at too much risk, he should get some benefit of the doubt, not being naive here, just trying to be fair. Plus it will hurt our chemistry.

Besides, he has had all the time in the world to save our gameplans, etc. already.
Old 05-20-2008   #360
Scooter
Funky

trade deadline was yesterday - i'm not sure if that affects signings or not but i think it does.

i'm all for fair play but this looks like bad business to me. i dont trust anyone by nature and if he were an honest player he would've said something seeing as he's never been inactive. i dont like it and i'd cut ties immediately ... BUT that's the reason yall are in charge, each of you is far more aware than i am.

edit: passing information and saving our scripts is very different.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read