Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Molden better for taking hard road to Houston

Didn't see this posted but may have missed it hidden in the minicamp threads

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/5769146.html

Quote:
Antwaun Molden wasn't one of the cool kids — not in the ways that teenagers keep score.

Molden was small, and he made up for it by being slower than the big men on campus.

When Molden insisted on trying to prove his worth as a defensive back at a powerhouse program at Warren Harding High (Warren, Ohio), teammates mocked him.

Coaches largely ignored him, wrote him off as a project not worth starting.

"All the other kids would go out on Saturday night, and I would do my homework, come back, do some DB drills, run stadium steps," Molden said. "I was determined. I've never had it easy, so I don't know any other way."

By doing it the hard way, the roundabout way, Molden created an opportunity for himself in the NFL. On his way to the Texans, Molden went through two high schools, two colleges and assorted episodes of heartache. Though he led a sheltered career at Eastern Kentucky, the Texans took him in the third round (No. 79 overall) of last month's draft.

The more chances Molden got to show what he could do, the harder he made it for the NFL intelligentsia to ignore him. He turned heads at the Texas vs. the Nation Collegiate All-Star Bowl. He made eyes pop at the scouting combine.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read