Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2008   #61
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini-camp

I like what Charles Spencer said:

Reporter: "You have any butterflies"

Charles Spence: "I ain't got no butterflies man. I ain't scared of nobody."

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-09-2008 at 11:21 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #62
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I like what Charles Spencer said:

Reporter: "You have any butterflies"

Charles Spence: "I ain't got no butterflied man. I ain't scared of nobody."
this was my favorite...

Quote:
“(Mini-camp) is huge, because I went from a starting role to not playing to playing behind guys right now, so I’ve got to work hard to get back in that starting lineup,” Spencer said. “I can’t sit on no bench.”
none of this, "well, I was the starter when I got hurt so they should give me my job back" crap.

man, ya gotta love it.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-09-2008 at 11:23 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #63
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDeac View Post
The secondary will be helped just by getting all of our injured players back from last year. Getting anything out of Simmons, Robinson, Earl, and Alexander will be a bonus.
I like Jason Simmons but I don't think he makes the team this year....to many young big safties on the squad now.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #64
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
We'll find out a lot about Brown in the first 5 games. Road visits to the Steelers, Tacks, and Jags are going to be big tests for the OL. Plus Brown is gonna have to face Terrell Suggs and Dwight Freeney at Reliant Stadium.

If he gets through those first 5 games and holds his own he's our guy for the next decade imo. But realistically, the most important thing is that those first 5 games dont break his will, that's a tough stretch for any LT much less a rookie.

The toughest one imo will be against the Steelers opening day. I remember YTF posting about how much trouble he had against the Kansas zone blitz defense in their bowl game last season. The Steelers are undoubtedly going to throw some exotic coverages at Brown and see how handles it.
I doubt the Steelers will win that first game if we could go by last years stats. We matched up with them in just about every category and that was with all the injuries we sustained.
Old 05-10-2008   #65
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I still say release Abbate and Cook and label Chris Taylor has a FB.
Abbate and Cook is as good as gone!
Old 05-10-2008   #66
shawn76ers
Texan Genius

i noticed offense had protect the ball on their shorts...So what did defense say ?? Destroy Manning??
shawn76ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn76ers View Post
i noticed offense had protect the ball on their shorts...So what did defense say ?? Destroy Manning??

On the bottom of their sweat shorts, the Texans have two slogans: "Protect the ball" for offensive players, and "Take it away" for defensive players.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #68
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Abbate and Cook is as good as gone!

swing.... and a miss
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #69
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I read or wathced something that commented on Meyers being small, I think it was Mclain on the fish wrap online. I saw some of the vids on the main site that showed Meyers taking snaps and he doesnt look 300 lbs to me. The guy looked small. I believe Mclain also said that he made up for size with movement and technique.

Again I think this was Mclain.. Weaver supposedly droped 10-15 lbs in order to be a better pass rusher.

Adibi with a tweaked hammy, and Bennet with a twisted ankle. Hopefully this isnt a trend for the season.

A better Mario!? I cant wait to see him open up some more this year.

One of the vids from the main site showed Spencer taking RG snaps with the 1st team I think.

I wouldnt buy too much into Brown taking all the snaps. If he is the better player he will start the season if not it will be Salaam. I think Salaam did a good job last year, he played hurt some but showed up when needed. Brown is the future though and he will get his reps. Its actually a good scenario, Salaam doesnt get worn out early if we need him and Brown gets reps he needs to play later.

Just some of my observations and thoughts from the news from the mini.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #70
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

gotta tip my hat to Salaam for being a man and a professional about Brown getting the reps with the #1's. refreshing to see an athlete who is honest and upfront about his career and role.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #71
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I doubt the Steelers will win that first game if we could go by last years stats. We matched up with them in just about every category and that was with all the injuries we sustained.
I'd certainly like to think that but we were a completely different team on the road last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read