Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2008   #1
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub a little bigger, more ripped?

I heard this morning on 1560am a mini camp observer talking to Richard Justice saying that Schaub is in camp, going all out and he's looking bigger and dare he say, ripped? He looked good throwing the ball around.

This is good news...a little more bulk and muscle maybe will help keep him healthier.

Mini camps...our little football oasis in the middle of baseball hell. Joy!!!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub a little bigger, more ripped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I heard this morning on 1560am a mini camp observer talking to Richard Justice saying that Schaub is in camp, going all out and he's looking bigger and dare he say, ripped? He looked good throwing the ball around.

This is good news...a little more bulk and muscle maybe will help keep him healthier.

Mini camps...our little football oasis in the middle of baseball hell. Joy!!!
I've questioned this the entire off-season. I sure hope it's true, but I'll continue to question it. I don't think he's had enough time to really workout hard due to his surgery. I've had a couple surgeries on my shoulder and was never allowed to hit the weights hard for quite some time after.

I hopes it's true though.
Old 05-09-2008   #3
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've questioned this the entire off-season. I sure hope it's true, but I'll continue to question it. I don't think he's had enough time to really workout hard due to his surgery. I've had a couple surgeries on my shoulder and was never allowed to hit the weights hard for quite some time after.

He's probably got a mess load of doctors and physical therapists that are helping quicken his recovery (and it was his non-throwing shoulder, right?). And since he's an athlete, he may recover faster than the rest of us. Not assuming you're a couch tater like me Hou-Tex, so apologies if you're a ripped specimen of a man. Assuming you're a man, of course. So apologies there if you're a chick.

LOL.

I'm just glad we're getting some tidbits of news from mini camps...the season may be months away, but it's like some football hors de'ouevre to munch on.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was really hoping he'd hit the weights in the off-season, but that's a good point. Let's hope it's true anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It always depends on the type of injury and the patient. I had a RDC and torn labrum repaired and was back lifting way ahead of schedule. It was more about the regaining range of motion and being able to reahap faster since the pain caused by scare tissue never really bothered me in physical therapy. I cant imagine how much better my reahap would been if I had a staff dedicated to getting me back to 100% fast as safely possible.

He can put on all the size in the world but if he lands wrong it just wont matter. QB's are instructed not to brace themselves with their wrists or elbows when tackled but sometimes the tackler restricts your movement and bam, another shoulder injury. Hopefully last year was just bad luck and he will be the picture of perfect health for seasons to come.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he consulted with Andy Petitte...
Old 05-09-2008   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
He's probably got a mess load of doctors and physical therapists that are helping quicken his recovery (and it was his non-throwing shoulder, right?). And since he's an athlete, he may recover faster than the rest of us. Not assuming you're a couch tater like me Hou-Tex, so apologies if you're a ripped specimen of a man. Assuming you're a man, of course. So apologies there if you're a chick.

LOL.

I'm just glad we're getting some tidbits of news from mini camps...the season may be months away, but it's like some football hors de'ouevre to munch on.
My surgeries were while I was playing ball still. One in HS and the other at SFA. Heck, the sling was on for at least a month and a half. Like I said, I do hope it's true. Mine were in the late 80's and early 90's, so who knows?

And yes....I am a specimen of a man. Just check out my photo in the Riley thread. I'm talking Zeuslike!

Any info is good info.
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
It always depends on the type of injury and the patient. I had a RDC and torn labrum repaired and was back lifting way ahead of schedule. It was more about the regaining range of motion and being able to reahap faster since the pain caused by scare tissue never really bothered me in physical therapy. I cant imagine how much better my reahap would been if I had a staff dedicated to getting me back to 100% fast as safely possible.

He can put on all the size in the world but if he lands wrong it just wont matter. QB's are instructed not to brace themselves with their wrists or elbows when tackled but sometimes the tackler restricts your movement and bam, another shoulder injury. Hopefully last year was just bad luck and he will be the picture of perfect health for seasons to come.
Like I said, I truly hope he did bulk up a bit but I'll take the wait and see approach.

BTW, torn labrum's are repaired by arthroscopic surgery in most cases, correct? If his was similar to mine then there's about a 3" incision made on the shoulder in order to re-attach/tighten the ligaments. Eh, who knows?

I am happy to hear it though.
Old 05-09-2008   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

He was on 610 yesterday and he said he didn't want to get bulkier ..or much bulkier..because it would limit his motion but he was working out hard to get stronger. He said the injury he sustained and ones like it are more on how you fall and falling right than the hit itself or how big you are. He said no matter his size, landing on his elbow like he did would have jacked him up.
Old 05-09-2008   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Just visual confirmation. He looks a little bigger, and I don't mean that in an extenze kind of way.
Old 05-09-2008   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post

Just visual confirmation. He looks a little bigger, and I don't mean that in an extenze kind of way.
How let the high school kid on the field?
Old 05-09-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
How let the high school kid on the field?
Ha! I thought the same thing. Shanny looks like a teenager asking Schaub questions.
Old 05-09-2008   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub will take a big step this year if he can stay healthy . I remember him carrying out his fakes well and doing alot more of the little things that some can't or will not do that it takes to be a top notch QB .

Because he knows the art of being a QB is more than just a big arm ... if we run like the Gibbs teams of old ... Schaub with the play action ... will look really good .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 05-09-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10886 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

How many years has it been since that runt was picking up footballs for his daddy?
Old 05-09-2008   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10886 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Ha! I thought the same thing. Shanny looks like a teenager asking Schaub questions.
Its like he's a reporter for the local HS newspaper interviewing Schaubby.
Old 05-09-2008   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks the same to me.
Old 05-09-2008   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
He looks a little bigger, and I don't mean that in an extenze kind of way.
I sure hope not.

PS-OK, maybe the smilie was a bad idea.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #18
KeithW
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 KeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Looks the same to me.
Yeah, looks the same to me, too.

btw... are you still in for the dynasty draft on Sunday?? Check your PM.
Old 05-09-2008   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My surgeries were while I was playing ball still. One in HS and the other at SFA. Heck, the sling was on for at least a month and a half. Like I said, I do hope it's true. Mine were in the late 80's and early 90's, so who knows?

And yes....I am a specimen of a man. Just check out my photo in the Riley thread. I'm talking Zeuslike!

Any info is good info.
Don't forget to mention that you're humble too.

j/k.
Old 05-09-2008   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Looks the same to me.
looks the same to me too.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read