Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2008   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Are we REALLY playoff material yet?!"

First of all, I don't think we should view this year's draft class as making or breaking a 2008 run to the Playoffs seriously. If things fit together as the brass expects, this class will impact that run and a few of them will be instrumental to it. Of course, this is all just my opinion and I could certainly be wrong. We'll all see how it plays out on Sundays this Fall. The Texans did go 8-8 in '07, while sustaining countless injuries at key spots and being horrible in turnover ratio.

On the other hand they were a few mistakes and bad bounces away from being 10-6. IF they get overall improvement from the players they had last season, along with some better luck, they're right there. More realistically, I think if we're fortunate, this class could be viewed as another one that helped secure the Texans a place at the Playoff table for the following season and beyond.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read