Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2008   #41
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plans to Acquire Defensive End

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It means the coverage was so good the QB had to hold on to the ball and gave time for the DL to get there.
Yes I know I was being sarcastic because of people not wanting to improve the secondary, I think some would rather still have Faggins there and just improve the D-Line. Of course there is no D-Line that could be great enough to over come your corner contineously being beaten for large amounts of yardage and TDs.

Why not continue to improve the team in all aspects. Each draft you have to pick which parts to improve on so that you do not have one aspect that sucks so bad that there is no way to compensate for its weakness.
Old 05-08-2008   #42
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Dominique Barber is FS per NFL draft scout with SS/CB as 2nd position. Size is good for either. Speed not what I want but ok for the box.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=33308
i think rick smith said they were gonna use barber as a FS, actually... not sure though.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #43
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i think rick smith said they were gonna use barber as a FS, actually... not sure though.
He has left safety and right safety like he does with linebackers. They said they like him as an "in the box" safety. Methinks they'll work him in on short yardage packages if he makes the team.
Old 05-08-2008   #44
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
He has left safety and right safety like he does with linebackers.

I seriously doubt that.

If we're talking about labels...maybe....but I doubt that too...

If we're talking about traditional roles/responsibilities (which is what I think you are referring to) I think that is something folks here on the board have latched on to and ran with...JMO...

Last edited by Polo; 05-08-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2008   #45
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
I think Okam and Okoye will make an OK duo (wow, that was bad).

Seriously, Okam should be able to take up blockers and free things up for Amobi to do his thing, keep blockers off Demeco, and help the overall play of our defense vesus the run. I wouldn't be surprised if he was logging major playing time for us sooner rather than later.
Guess we can call em the Ok corral...Wow, what a bad joke. Back to reality, we need one more guy to make it shine, a pure pass rushing DE.
Old 05-08-2008   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has left safety and right safety like he does with linebackers. They said they like him as an "in the box" safety. Methinks they'll work him in on short yardage packages if he makes the team.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kubiak has cut one of his draftees the same year he was drafted. PS maybe, but not cut.

IMO, it'll be one of the Brandons cut before Barber. I think Barber would be snatched from the PS if he were placed there.
Old 05-08-2008   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kubiak has cut one of his draftees the same year he was drafted. PS maybe, but not cut.

IMO, it'll be one of the Brandons cut before Barber. I think Barber would be snatched from the PS if he were placed there.
The only guy drafted during the Kubiak era not still associated with the team is Lundy. Technically folks are waived/cut to get to the practice squad and some have gone through that process. Kubiak clearly believes later round guys, heck young guys period, have to be given time to develop and isn't going to pull any Charles Hill moves.
Old 05-08-2008   #48
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The only guy drafted during the Kubiak era not still associated with the team is Lundy. Technically folks are waived/cut to get to the practice squad and some have gone through that process. Kubiak clearly believes later round guys, heck young guys period, have to be given time to develop and isn't going to pull any Charles Hill moves.
Probably a dumb question but.....Are they still paid?

Lundy was still given the chance to earn a spot on the team his first year. Looking back, I kinda wish we had kept him a while longer. Surely he could've performed better than Dayne.

Anywho, the odds of Barber making the team this year are very good, IMO.
Old 05-08-2008   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope.
Old 05-08-2008   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lundy was still given the chance to earn a spot on the team his first year. Looking back, I kinda wish we had kept him a while longer. Surely he could've performed better than Dayne.
I think Lundy was dropped because his inability to block was getting HWWNBN killed.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #51
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:

I dont care about what happened the past 2 drafts, no 6th round pick is handed a spot on an ascending NFL team. Hence the "if he makes the team" comment, he's gonna have to earn his spot just like every other player on the roster.
Old 05-08-2008   #52
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

So ummm somebody said we are getting Jason Taylor?! Or was that just my imagination?! This MB would go insane if that happened.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #53
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I dont care about what happened the past 2 drafts, no 6th round pick is handed a spot on an ascending NFL team. Hence the "if he makes the team" comment, he's gonna have to earn his spot just like every other player on the roster.
Relax, I never said anyone would be handed a spot. I mentioned what Kubiak has done the past couple of seasons. As far as "having to earn his spot like everyone else".....that goes without saying.
Old 05-09-2008   #54
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Anywho, the odds of Barber making the team this year are very good, IMO.
Hmmm, if I'm going in the way back machine, I'm not so sure that would have been a good idea:

After the Texans released Lundy, he got busted for pot smoking and open container. You think if a guy wants to smoke dope, he would find a better place than in a parked car outside a playground.
Old 05-09-2008   #55
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hmmm, if I'm going in the way back machine, I'm not so sure that would have been a good idea:

After the Texans released Lundy, he got busted for pot smoking and open container. You think if a guy wants to smoke dope, he would find a better place than in a parked car outside a playground.
Yeah, I remember that too, but that was after he'd gotten whacked. Hmm..dunno, maybe the team sensed the guy wasn't right upstairs.

Either way, I'd still bet on him before Dayne. All is moot now. We have an abundance of RB's that're better than both.......if healthy.
Old 05-09-2008   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
My understanding, too. I thought the pick was SS overkill until I found out he could play FS.
Old 05-09-2008   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Play ground is probably where he learned to dope & drink.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read