Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-02-2008   #41
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Matt Schaub Staying Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
In all fairness to Schaub , I don't think Albert realizes that our #8 QB is not the same person it was in 2007 .
I'm pretty sure he realizes it. He alluded to that when he commented that it kind of sucked knocking Schaub out because they almost lost the game. He never knocked Mr. Mittens out of a game (or he'd have been saying the same LOL).
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #42
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think people can be worried about Schaub's health for the reason he did get injured last year and that he's our starting QB we've invested a lot in (draft picks & $$$).
we invested alot in Carr too, draft picks could have been Tony Ugoh OT Colts (07) & Quentin Groves (08).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Earlier this evening, Warren Sapp was on the Dan Patrick show on 790AM. He referred to Chris Chandler as Chandelier Chandler. When asked why, he said "because he's easy to break."

I'd really like to not have a QB earn that rep on our team. Haynesworth already talks like that about MS. It'll only take a couple more episodes before something like that sticks.
we used to hear Crystal Chandelier
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #44
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The left shoulder injury (what he's still re-habbing) was not due to a cheap shot.
Yeah that was the Erick Winston miss. Odam Planted Matt after a sweet inside move.
Old 05-06-2008   #45
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts:

1. Schaub got cheap shots at least twice last year that contributed in whole or in part to injuries.

2. If memory serves, Schaub also got hurt but continued to play and then got hurt worse.

I think he may have had some bad luck, but he is mentaly tough, he wanted to still play even those he was hurt during the year, but Kubes wouldn't let him.

Big Lou
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #46
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

VY didn't even get hit and he missed some time. Don't hear anyone talking about him being easy to break.

Seriously, I think this talk about MS being easy to take out is b.s. I could be wrong, and God knows I tend to defend our players too far at times (see DC), but he took shots that would have knocked any NFL QB out for the same amount of time or more.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I would bet MS missed about the NFL average amount of time a QB missed playing last season. If it wasn't average, then it was not far off the mark.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
VY didn't even get hit and he missed some time. Don't hear anyone talking about him being easy to break.

Seriously, I think this talk about MS being easy to take out is b.s. I could be wrong, and God knows I tend to defend our players too far at times (see DC), but he took shots that would have knocked any NFL QB out for the same amount of time or more.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I would bet MS missed about the NFL average amount of time a QB missed playing last season. If it wasn't average, then it was not far off the mark.

Pretty much Matt Schaub has to prove he's not Mr. Glass. Missing significant time in the beginning of any job is never good.
Old 05-06-2008   #48
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

you're probably right, but I sure hope the coaching staff instills some kind of thinking in the front 5 that says "if your QB gets hit, be sure and make that guy who hit him is looking at sky on the very next play"
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #49
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Earlier this evening, Warren Sapp was on the Dan Patrick show on 790AM. He referred to Chris Chandler as Chandelier Chandler. When asked why, he said "because he's easy to break."

I'd really like to not have a QB earn that rep on our team. Haynesworth already talks like that about MS. It'll only take a couple more episodes before something like that sticks.
In all fairness Chandler did take a less talented Falcons team to the Super Bowl.

How many Super Bowls did Warren Moon play in?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not very nice of me to say, but I hope one of these cut blocks turns into a chop block on Haynesworth. I don't like that guy for a variety of reasons.
Old 05-07-2008   #51
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
In all fairness Chandler did take a less talented Falcons team to the Super Bowl.

How many Super Bowls did Warren Moon play in?
He did win 5 Grey Cup's in Canada......

Last edited by infantrycak; 05-07-2008 at 01:09 PM.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #52
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Not very nice of me to say, but I hope one of these cut blocks turns into a chop block on Haynesworth. I don't like that guy for a variety of reasons.
A scumbag move on a scumbag player? Sometimes justice really is poetic.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #53
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
isn't that the one where Fat Albert drove him into the ground? if so, then it's up to individual interpretation as to whether or not it was a cheap shot.

I favor the side that he purposedly launched himself and drove downward on purpose. There's tackling, and then tackling with intent to injure.
No that was the one that Erick was beaten to the inside by Odom...Second tacks game. Albert hit was the first game....Salaam missed the twist.
Old 05-07-2008   #54
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt played well last year considering his lack of experience. As far as blindly trusting Kubiak and his regime to be infallible, he can't know whether Schaub is going to have a glass jaw/body or not or even whether he has what it takes to be a great quarterback. His analysis of DC was not that brilliant.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #55
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Matt played well last year considering his lack of experience. As far as blindly trusting Kubiak and his regime to be infallible, he can't know whether Schaub is going to have a glass jaw/body or not or even whether he has what it takes to be a great quarterback. His analysis of DC was not that brilliant.
His only analysis of Carr was that he had all the "tools" to be an elite quarterback. Great arm, decent height, and pretty quick runner. He never met him, never talked to him about the game, and probably didn't watch too much tape of him before he was hired since he wanted a job and "beggars can't be choosers." He possibly also thought (like many have speculated) that if he didn't want Carr, Bob McNair wouldn't want him.

The situation with Schaub was completely different. He singled out Schaub, rather than jumping at an already fixed situation. He watched tape on Schaub and talked to former coaches of him. Before they actually made the trade, he met and golfed with Schaub just to see if they were on the same page. He made sure that Schaub could get the job done with both poise and the "tools" that Carr never seemed to use right. I trust Kubiak and believe him when he says Schaub is special.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read