Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2008   #1
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Predict the 53-man roster

I know its way too early to call it, much depends upon who performs well in training camp which is still a couple months away. These predictions are just for fun, and to get a feel for how the team will look in 2008. Here is one possible roster:

Offense
T: Brown, Winston, Salaam, Butler
G: Pitts, Spencer, Weary, Brisiel
C: Myers, Eslinger

RB: Green, Brown, Slaton, Walker
FB: Leach, Taylor

TE: Daniels, Bruener, Dreesen

WR: Johnson, Walter, A. Davis, J. Jones, Grice-Mullins

QB: Schaub, Rosenfels, Gray

Defense
DE: Williams, Weaver, Kalu, Cochran
DT: Johnson, Okoye, Okam, Maddox

LB: Greenwood, Ryans, Bentley, Adibi, Diles, Thompson

CB: Robinson, Bennett, Molden, Reeves, Faggins

S: Demps, Earl, Brown, Harrison, Mitchell

P: Turk
K: Brown

What are your thoughts about who will make the team?
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Pittman will almost certainly make the team. I know it is tempting every year to get rid of the long snapper but almost every team has one.

They will probably carry more than 5 CB's.
Old 05-07-2008   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I know its way too early to call it, much depends upon who performs well in training camp which is still a couple months away. These predictions are just for fun, and to get a feel for how the team will look in 2008. Here is one possible roster:

Offense
G: Pitts, Spencer, Weary, Brisiel
C: Myers, Eslinger

RB: Green, Brown, Slaton, Walker Taylor

WR: Johnson, Walter, A. Davis, J. Jones, Grice-Mullins

QB: Schaub, Rosenfels, Gray

Defense

CB: Robinson, Bennett, Molden, Reeves, Faggins Fletcher

S: Demps, Earl, Brown, Harrison, Mitchell Barber

What are your thoughts about who will make the team?
Players in bold are replaced by players in red. In reality, I'd wait until at least mid to end of training camp for any kind of roster solidity.
Old 05-07-2008   #4
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Offense
G: Pitts, Spencer, Studdard, Brisiel
C: Myers, White

RB: Green, Brown, Slaton

WR: Johnson, Walter, A. Davis, J. Jones, Anderson

QB: Schaub, Rosenfels,

Defense

CB: Robinson, Bennett, Molden, Reeves, Faggins, Simmons, Fletcher

S: Demps, Earl, Brown, Harrison

LS: Pittman

OL is definatley the hardest to pick..

Simmons is a CB/S. I also think that Wynn is in the somewhere, maybe over Fletcher, as a KR/PR backup.

I also have a feeling that Bentley might not make the team even though we paid him more than Thompson(IIRC).
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #5
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Pittman will almost certainly make the team. I know it is tempting every year to get rid of the long snapper but almost every team has one.
yeah i know... Pittman is considered a very good long snapper, but last season he did make that bad snap which resulted in a touchdown for the Chargers. Maybe its wishful thinking but Dreesen could save a roster spot if he works out as the long snapper.

Quote:
They will probably carry more than 5 CB's.
possible, might be a good idea especially w/ questions regarding D-Rob's health. I know Harrison played some CB in college he might be able to fill in as the 6th CB in a pinch. 10 O-linemen is a lot, I could see the Texans carrying one or two less in order to carry an extra CB and/or Pittman.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #6
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
yeah i know... Pittman is considered a very good long snapper, but last season he did make that bad snap which resulted in a touchdown for the Chargers. Maybe its wishful thinking but Dreesen could save a roster spot if he works out as the long snapper.
Yeah, it was pretty bad. But--this might be my terrible memory on this one-- wasn't it very windy for that game? That and Turk can't fall the ball!
Old 05-07-2008   #7
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What happens if Dreesen gets hurt in the first quarter of a game while playing TE? Nothing is scarier in football than not having confidence in your long-snapper, so I doubt the Texans will want to scrimp on a roster spot there. I believe nearly every team dedicates one spot for that position. One bad snap in a year does not a bad LS make.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2008   #8
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Yeah, it was pretty bad. But--this might be my terrible memory on this one-- wasn't it very windy for that game? That and Turk can't fall the ball!
I don't think it was windy that day, but Turk actually saved us 2 points by not falling on the ball. The way the Charger offense was routing our D in the first half, they would have easily scored on the possession after the free kick. The whole team laid an egg in the first half of that game, and Pittman/Turk did not want to miss out on the comedy of errors.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #9
Polo

Don't sleep on Alex Brink. The guy has some skills.
Old 05-07-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Don't sleep on Alex Brink. The guy has some skills.
Yep, he's on the brink of excellence.
Old 05-07-2008   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yep, he's on the brink of excellence.
I hate to see that kind of brinkmanship.

I just hope he remembers to brink his playbook to practice.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hate to see that kind of brinkmanship.

I just hope he remembers to brink his playbook to practice.
Yep, cuz if he didn't he'd be on the brink of being cut. QB's like Brink are on the brink of extinction already, so we wouldn't want to lose'em.
Old 05-07-2008   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yep, cuz if he didn't he'd be on the brink of being cut. QB's like Brink are on the brink of extinction already, so we wouldn't want to lose'em.

And if he performs really well and Kubiak is the magician people think he is, he could be real good. And then he'll have to back that Brinks truck up to the bank.

That would be cool.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #14
Polo

Why does Kubes have to be a magician ?

Diles was also on the brink of not being drafted....

Now he's on the brink of starting....
Old 05-07-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And if he performs really well and Kubiak is the magician people think he is, he could be real good. And then he'll have to back that Brinks truck up to the bank.

That would be cool.
Very nice! I was on the brink of soiling myself after reading that.
Old 05-07-2008   #16
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

gray is probably going to the practice squad. leaving us with only 2 qb's. thats what has happened for 2 years and it hasnt hurt us yet. so unless he really shines i bet we save that roster spot for some other position.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
gray is probably going to the practice squad. leaving us with only 2 qb's. thats what has happened for 2 years and it hasnt hurt us yet. so unless he really shines i bet we save that roster spot for some other position.
I'm no genius, but I'm willing to bet Gray is not going to the practice squad.
Old 05-07-2008   #18
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
Kubiak has said he is considering carrying a 3rd QB this year.
Old 05-07-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Kubiak has said he is considering carrying a 3rd QB this year.
A wise move considering our history.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
possible, might be a good idea especially w/ questions regarding D-Rob's health. I know Harrison played some CB in college he might be able to fill in as the 6th CB in a pinch. 10 O-linemen is a lot, I could see the Texans carrying one or two less in order to carry an extra CB and/or Pittman.
D-Rob quite possibly could start the season on the pup list . Im not gonna count him out just yet but it is definately a possibility .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read