Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Question Mario Williams VS Duane Brown

Iv'e never heard of Duane Brown and from what I hear he's similar to Brandon Frye. Anyways, whose ready to see Mario Williams go up against Duane Brown during practice?

Old 04-27-2008   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams VS Duane Brown

"Welcome to the NFL rook. Now go block Mario."

Last edited by STEEL BLUE TEXANS; 04-27-2008 at 12:33 AM.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
"Welcome to the NFL rook. Now go block Mario."

Errrrr you want me to do what?

Oh go get him a cup of water got it! Runs of with his tail between his legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently, he has already gone up against Mario in a game situation.

Quote:
Duane Brown knows what it's like to face college football's best defensive ends.

In his first start as a Virginia Tech sophomore, he lined up across from North Carolina State's Mario Williams, who would be selected first overall by the Texans in the 2006 draft. As a senior, Brown squared off against Virginia's Chris Long, whom the St. Louis Rams made the No. 2 overall pick on Saturday.
link

From ESPN chat:

Quote:
Howie (Los Angeles): What was your favorite moment from college?

Duane Brown: I'd have to say my first start at right tackle, going against Mario Williams. I'd only been in the position for a couple weeks and was anxious to see where I stood. I held my own and got the ball rolling out there.
link
Old 04-27-2008   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Apparently, he has already gone up against Mario in a game situation.

link

From ESPN chat:

link
Thanks for ruinning my joke glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Thanks for ruinning my joke glass.
LOL, we should never let facts get in the way of a good punchline.
Old 04-27-2008   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

who is meaner looking?

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2008   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
who is meaner looking?

I'd say it's about even.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tech tackle Brown rich in talent

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/90900

Quote:
Seventeen days before the 2005 season started, Brown was moved from tight end to tackle in an attempt to strengthen Tech's offensive line. In his first game at tackle, Brown made his first college start against North Carolina State. His assignment was Wolfpack defensive end Mario Williams, who this past April was the No. 1 overall pick of the Houston Texans in the NFL Draft.

"That's something I can tell my kids about," said Brown, who held Williams without a sack. "It was intimidating watching and seeing a guy that big [6-7]. I gave up two hurries, no sacks. I did better than I thought I would.

"After that, I looked at it like, 'it's not going to get much harder than seeing a guy like this.' After seeing a guy like Mario Williams my first game and practicing against ends like Darryl Tapp and Chris Ellis, everything else wasn't as bad."

Brown has started 22 straight games at tackle now and keeps getting better and better. He said he doesn't miss tight end and catching the ball.
Quote:
Brown said he has no plans of leaving Tech early for an NFL career. When the NFL does come calling in April 2008, Brown will need a Brinks truck, Hill said.
hmm foreshadowing ....alex Brinks????
now we know why we drafted Brinks
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #10
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple further points about the Brown versus Williams matchup. The game where Brown debuted at tackle was a 20-16 VT win in the 2005 opener. The previous year, Mario and company registered a mind-boggling 10 sacks on VT QBs en route to a win in Bleaksburgh.

Brown's debut was at right tackle, but the Hokie QB that game was a lefty (Marcus Vick--I'll refrain from my usual Vick jokes). So Brown was the blind-side guy that game.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
who is meaner looking?

I don't know about meaner, but Brown definitely looks hungrier.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
and from what I hear he's similar to Brandon Frye
The only thing that Brown and Frye have in common is that they both went to VT.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read