Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2008   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario Williams interview with Casserly

Didn't see this posted yet. Even with Casserly, it's worth watching. Makes me glad he's a Texan.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80813f2b
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Mario Williams interview with Casserly

RACK EM!!!

That was a PHENOMENAL interview with Mario Williams. What a classy guy that Williams cat.
Old 04-30-2008   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Rock out. . . Mario Williams just became my favorite player. I love to hear him talk about the team first, and respect for this organization. Very humble man.

If that doesn't get your fired up, well damn!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario's probably my favorite Texan as well. For me, that happened when he never once complained or whined about all the crap the Texans got - or the crap that HE got, resulting from the draft fiasco. Then last year when he blew up he never ONCE said "I told you so." I respect that to no end. Mario's my guy.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 04-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for finding this vid.
When was it broadcast, because I sure missed it?
I sure wish I could have heard what the on-stage bunch had to say after they ran it. Because I sure heard a lot of voices saying "the Texans made a big mistake".
Wonder if anyone of those yahoos was man enough to say they called it wrong?
Old 05-01-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Mario's probably my favorite Texan as well. For me, that happened when he never once complained or whined about all the crap the Texans got - or the crap that HE got, resulting from the draft fiasco. Then last year when he blew up he never ONCE said "I told you so." I respect that to no end. Mario's my guy.
That's exactly why I like Mario so much. He got villified worse than any player drafted in the modern era before he had even played a down. He then plays with plantar fasciitis so bad over the last half of his rookie season so bad that he cant practice which hampered his performance and made the anti Mario bandwagon continue adding numbers.

He didn't give any excuses for his rookie season (I think Kubes was the one that mentioned his injury too) and he didn't sit out any games even though it would've been completely understandable. His team needed him so he was gonna play. Then last season he blows up and unlike Reggie Bust (who had that terrible Madden commercial) and even though he got snubbed in the pro bowl invite he just continues to conduct himself as a professional on and off the field.

If that isn't the type of high character guy Bob Mcnair wants to be the face of this team then I dont know who is...

I know it took us longer to get a competitive team because we didn't reach into the federal penitentiary system for players but I prefer that we did it this way because the juice will be well worth the squeeze when its all said and done.
Old 05-01-2008   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Because I sure heard a lot of voices saying "the Texans made a big mistake".
Wonder if anyone of those yahoos was man enough to say they called it wrong?
Man, I don't think most of the yahoos realize they were wrong (yet!).
Old 05-01-2008   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Man, I don't think most of the yahoos realize they were wrong (yet!).
Kiper still insists that we should have taken Bush. I dont have a link or anything, but I do remember him saying that right before the draft.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like Casserly the GM but he does a pretty good job on the NFL network.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I dont have NFL Network but I wasn't suprised the girl was stroking his ego by repeatedly stating HE PICKED Mario.
Old 05-01-2008   #11
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am still trying to wrap my brain around this, because, well... I JUST HATE HIM SO MUCH!
Old 05-01-2008   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He does a good job... and even better job staying away from the Texans FA

another thing I was wrong about... At a point in time I was so excited with the prospects of our coaching staff in 2002
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly is much more personable working w/NFL Network, just more relaxed. some poor team will bite but if he knows whats best he'll stay where he's at

I'm looking forward to another season watching Mario develop. I think the projections he could be the next Bruce Smith are attainable

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Same here but I think Lombardi is better.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Same here but I think Lombardi is better.
lombardi is good too.. i like both of them. i said in another thread a while back that i like CC in the NFLN

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i was watching TA a couple days ago when he was talking about the falcons and why they shouldn't take ryan and said something along the lines of ' if you take a young qb and dont protect him, he'll be a bust'.. quite ironic but at least he learned his lesson

i havent watched him much but he was quite funny in his analysis of the falcons..

'the falcons starting RT is mike olok.....wandi, i had to look down to make sure i had that right and if anybody can tell me 2 things about him, you win free draft passes for a liftime'... thats good stuff even if you do hate him
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Holy Cow, you are so right V!

I LOVE him on NFL Network....He's pretty funny and great on camera...Very charismatic
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's THIS!?!? Love for Charley Casserly??
or is it actually subconscious relief that he's not here and he's somewhere we can keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't come back
Old 05-01-2008   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool video . Casserly sure didn't take the time to correct anyone when they said it was his pick , and his pick alone . He was milking it .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read