Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-27-2008   #341
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
What did he say? Please, someone help.
1. Anna Megan Riley first asks if he's surprised about being picked in the first round. He says not really, he knew it would be a possibility. He said some teams had him rated among the top 5 tackles. He's honored to selected in the first round.

2. She asks if there will be any difficulty he sees to adjusting to the LT in the NFL after only one year of LT experience in college. He says he doesn't think so, he's very committed and he thinks this is the perfect scheme for him and brings out his athleticism.

3. Shes asks about Eprhaim Salaam but he doesn't know much about him.

4. How will being reunited with Brandon Frye (former VT teammate) help? He says he will be able to help by helping him with the down times and hard times, having someone to talk to who's been through the rookie campaign.

5. She asks if there's something specific that he'll be working on. He says his hand usage is something that he really needs to work on, along with run blocking and rolling with his hips and being more explosive with his hips.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #342
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
1. Anna Megan Riley first asks if he's surprised about being picked in the first round. He says not really, he knew it would be a possibility. He said some teams had him rated among the top 5 tackles. He's honored to selected in the first round.

2. She asks if there will be any difficulty he sees to adjusting to the LT in the NFL after only one year of LT experience in college. He says he doesn't think so, he's very committed and he thinks this is the perfect scheme for him and brings out his athleticism.

3. Shes asks about Eprhaim Salaam but he doesn't know much about him.

4. How will being reunited with Brandon Frye (former VT teammate) help? He says he will be able to help by helping him with the down times and hard times, having someone to talk to who's been through the rookie campaign.

5. She asks if there's something specific that he'll be working on. He says his hand usage is something that he really needs to work on, along with run blocking and rolling with his hips and being more explosive with his hips.
THANK YOU! Would rep but have to spread.
Old 04-27-2008   #343
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No problem man. He seems like a down to earth type of guy from what I could tell from the interview.

Thanks to Premier
Old 04-27-2008   #344
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I repped him for you.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #345
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
No problem man. He seems like a down to earth type of guy from what I could tell from the interview.
He really does but he also has the look of a fellow who has a learning disability. I'm sure I'm wrong but that's what I saw out of the interview.

Thanks Pencil. Also have to spread so couldn't rep you.
Old 04-27-2008   #346
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I repped him for you.
me too.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #347
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
me too.
Rep Pencilneck for me.
Old 04-27-2008   #348
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

I hope he has a sense of humor. And I hope Salaam stays here as long as possible along with Pitts that way we can have a comedy trio!

Thanks to Premier
Old 04-27-2008   #349
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rep Pencilneck for me.
Rep TexansLucky13 for me.

Old 04-27-2008   #350
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown = Texans' First Round Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
i hate this. I want to cry. Pathetic. Pathetic. An utter failure. No. Damnit NO.
Now this is a perfect example of why I say we have some of the most pitiful fans in the NFL..lol. This guy has to be one of the people that was against the Mario pick...lol I guess football was gone away from Houston for so long that the fans forgot how to be real fans...man back that pick up.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #351
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
explain yaself swt.
He can't explain..goodpost:
Old 04-27-2008   #352
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
we reached massively, and passed on cason and phillips. this WILL haunt us. Screw Gibbs.We reached for the 8th freaking tackle. I hate this.
find another team
Old 04-27-2008   #353
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Now this is a perfect example of why I say we have some of the most pitiful fans in the NFL..lol. This guy has to be one of the people that was against the Mario pick...lol I guess football was gone away from Houston for so long that the fans forgot how to be real fans...man back that pick up.
Know him before you judge him Ubecool.

SWT is a hardcore Texans fan expressing his dissappointment, he is well known around these parts and we understand him.

The pick was way out of left field and could be seen as a reach, time will tell but you need to respect that SWT is a passionate fan expressing himself passionately.
Old 04-27-2008   #354
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
find another team
hey douche...i already said twice in THIS thread that i was pissed at the pick, but overreacted.....and i don't need to find another team. your not the god and judge of nfl fandom.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #355
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

SWT is a hardcore Texans fan expressing his dissappointment, he is well known around these parts and we understand him.

The pick was way out of left field and could be seen as a reach, time will tell but you need to respect that SWT is a passionate fan expressing himself passionately.
I know him via the board (not personally) and I think his behavior was an embarrassment to Texan fans out there. Thousands of people read this board worldwide. I felt it to be a poor representation of Texans fans overall.

He did apologize so take that for what it's worth.
Old 04-27-2008   #356
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He really does but he also has the look of a fellow who has a learning disability. I'm sure I'm wrong but that's what I saw out of the interview.

Thanks Pencil. Also have to spread so couldn't rep you.
Well, he was actually reasonably articulate so there was a lot going on in what you couldn't hear.

In short, nah. It's alright.
Old 04-27-2008   #357
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
This has changed a bit over the years since Kubs have taken over. In the past, we would have picked Reggie Bush (fan pressure) and just given him the ball every play (a single player savior mentality). Similarly to how we used Hakeem in the 80's - give him the ball every play but failed to put good complintary players around him (until later, of course). We saw this with the Astros as well with Baggs and Biggs. Milk'em as if Baggs would homer us to a Pennant. It doesn't work.

We're following the example of the Spurs/Ravens/Patriots/Broncos method of team building this time around.

And although, we do have a few "overreacting fans." It's not like it used to be. Plus, we have fans that set them straight (we send them to a reeducation program).

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #358
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Well, he was actually reasonably articulate so there was a lot going on in what you couldn't hear.

In short, nah. It's alright.
Oh I saw that. His speaking ability appeared to be quite fluid when he was talking to Anna-Megan. I'm talking more so about his look. It really.... I don't know... a lot of people say that he looks mean... I don't feel scared of him by looking at him. I actually want to speak slowly to him (like half of the planet does with me. LMAO.) and maybe pat him on the head or something.

I'm real glad to hear that he sounded real articulate. That's definitely something extremely positive to be hearing because we need a smart LT here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Duane Brown doubter. I'm happy to have him on the Houston Texans and have been since he was selected. I flinched a little bit but I did jump for joy right after. Honest. Kinda like... Yeeee...uh?....aaaaahhhhhhhh!!
Old 04-27-2008   #359
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

The pick was not really that far out in left field. I read about Brown climbing the draft charts a day or two before the draft. I'm no expert by any means, in fact I am a total moron, so if I was reading about him (along with Gosder Cherilus), then you can be damn sure the NFL teams had him on their boards and were ready to grab him.

Don't invest too much in the words of Todd McShay, Lance Zierlein, John Harris, etc...What did they all say about Limas Sweed? Devin Thomas? Not only were both of these guys bested in the draft by Coog receiver Donnie Avery, there wasn't a single wideout taken in the entire first round.

What about Joe Flacco? How many experts had him going in the middle of the first round before Brian Brohm?

Or Sam Baker? I don't recall his name being a consensus first round pick.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #360
sbalderrama

Interesting column in sporting news:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=405215

Matt Hayes is already calling Jake Long a bust, and that Duane Brown should have been the #1 pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read