Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-26-2008   #201
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I thought it was a good game all around. Although, I would like to see Wheels Wilson get a couple more carries.
Well, its his fault for being so fast he blows by the QB before he can hand it to him.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #202
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Well, its his fault for being so fast he blows by the QB before he can hand it to him.
LOL at that and LOL at the other teams 80/20 pass/run ratio.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #203
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Ooh, baby. I did pretty damn well.

3 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 pass defensed, and 1 QB hurry.
did my advice on how to set up your player help any?
Old 04-26-2008   #204
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
did my advice on how to set up your player help any?
Plenty. Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2008   #205
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Plenty. Thanks again.
lol...anything for a teammate...you had a great game
Old 04-26-2008   #206
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been reading the draft threads off and on today. It is just too much for me to handle, every time I read through a page 3 more pages have been added. Not to mention every single post is basically the same thing, either blasting the pick or backing it up.

I think I will stay here until the Rockets game. Maybe go look through some stats on GLB.

Did anybody see what Carolina did to Phoenix? 63-0. Carolina has a good squad. Phoenix has a really bad one.
Old 04-26-2008   #207
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

yes, they have a level 7 and 9 RB, and their QB is level 7 too. Their O-line has good Humans, but rest CPUs.
Old 04-26-2008   #208
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

They have almost no depth except for at safety. They do have a solid defense and a really good offense.
Old 04-26-2008   #209
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
LOL at that and LOL at the other teams 80/20 pass/run ratio.
If you can't tell, I'm the Teh Kyou guy in the forum that keeps making that joke. When I was watching the replays thats what was going through my head.
<-- Me
Old 04-26-2008   #210
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
If you can't tell, I'm the Teh Kyou guy in the forum that keeps making that joke. When I was watching the replays thats what was going through my head.
<-- Me
I didn't even realize we had our own sub-forum over their until I read your post and checked it out. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do over there.
Old 04-26-2008   #211
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm late checking in, but it looks like our offensive line kicked ass. That is going to be key to our performance. Good job everyone!!

Our QB has to be quicker to hand that ball off. The RB just gets out of there too quick

I think my speed is probably good for a while.

Oh, and that fullback needs to block and get the hell outta the way!!
Old 04-26-2008   #212
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm late checking in, but it looks like our offensive line kicked ass. That is going to be key to our performance. Good job everyone!!

Our QB has to be quicker to hand that ball off. The RB just gets out of there too quick

I think my speed is probably good for a while.

Oh, and that fullback needs to block and get the hell outta the way!!
The whole right side of the line did a great job on that middle play. And yeah, I said it earlier, your FB needs more speed to be YOUR lead blocker lol.
Old 04-26-2008   #213
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The whole right side of the line did a great job on that middle play. And yeah, I said it earlier, your FB needs more speed to be YOUR lead blocker lol.
The line did an awesome job. Both lines.
Old 04-26-2008   #214
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i've gotta say eriadoc, truck got my vote for MVP during our game ... but you've GOTTA stick your training and all 5 points of the next level into speed. with the guys behind you, your movements need to be much higher. if you can get out and keep infront of the backs, along with your blocking and power rushing abilities ... truck will have locked up my top FB in all of USA BBB award.

seriously he's about perfect, but all that blocking goes to waste when our 47 speed runningback beats our 8 speed fullback to the line of scrimmage. you're going to block, you're going to break tackles ... we need straight line speed at the second level to slow up linebackers. and we need speedy to work on his stamina, vision, & strength to stay on the field behind ya.
Old 04-26-2008   #215
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Smelly Block has something to say about the best FB in the BBB award.

Strength: 28 Blocking: 27
Speed: 18.12 Tackling: 11.2
Agility: 16 Throwing: 10
Jumping: 9 Catching: 11.2
Stamina: 21.2 Carrying: 16
Vision: 20.2 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 11.2 Punting: 7

*He's waiting on his custom equipment which will boost his blocking and strength to 30*
Old 04-27-2008   #216
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i've gotta say eriadoc, truck got my vote for MVP during our game ... but you've GOTTA stick your training and all 5 points of the next level into speed. with the guys behind you, your movements need to be much higher. if you can get out and keep infront of the backs, along with your blocking and power rushing abilities ... truck will have locked up my top FB in all of USA BBB award.

seriously he's about perfect, but all that blocking goes to waste when our 47 speed runningback beats our 8 speed fullback to the line of scrimmage. you're going to block, you're going to break tackles ... we need straight line speed at the second level to slow up linebackers. and we need speedy to work on his stamina, vision, & strength to stay on the field behind ya.
Yeah, I am approaching that from two directions. First, I am working on speed with Truck, especially since he's getting a few carries. Second, I am working on Vision with Wheels, as I hope that will help him set up blocks before he takes off.

My first couple players in season one were more balanced in attributes, and I found that the players who specialized in just a couple attributes did better in the short term, and they built up their deficient attributes through training and leveling. So that's the approach I decided upon with the backs. They'll only get better as the season wears on.
Old 04-27-2008   #217
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

you've got a pair of studs, there's no doubt. speedy and truck are going to be reason 1 and 2 for us making the playoffs. they have to work together though and they have to stay on the field. truck is being overrun before he even makes the line of scrimmage. everything for the next two levels, including training, needs to go towards speed considering who he's blocking for. watch the replays, truck's barely blocking the quarterback while if he were part of the attack would be putting speedy at one to beat on several plays.

speedy is maxed. we need him on the field for more plays. stamina and strength need to get involved in the mix.
Old 04-27-2008   #218
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
you've got a pair of studs, there's no doubt. speedy and truck are going to be reason 1 and 2 for us making the playoffs. they have to work together though and they have to stay on the field. truck is being overrun before he even makes the line of scrimmage. everything for the next two levels, including training, needs to go towards speed considering who he's blocking for. watch the replays, truck's barely blocking the quarterback while if he were part of the attack would be putting speedy at one to beat on several plays.

speedy is maxed. we need him on the field for more plays. stamina and strength need to get involved in the mix.
How about putting speedy in to return kicks and punts?
Old 04-27-2008   #219
Brandon420tx
Flounder

The reason Wheels wasn't in on more plays was because he was set to Hard.
Old 04-27-2008   #220
Scooter
Funky

we'd love to see speedy returning kicks, but we have to keep him on the field at runningback first. special teams is something that we're going to work on for this next game. depending on the feedback in the stamina post on our forum, i'd love to add human players and higher level CPU's to the special teams which would also add to stats. stats dont affect level points, but they obviously look good and as i told hardcore in our special teams discussions, those few yards either way can make a big difference kicking fieldgoals. we absolutely need Speedy to increase his stamina though. we're going to drop substitution levels but we need all starters at 20 stamina or more. i'm going to watch our kick returns and a few other teams' tomorrow because with any luck we can break one off with enough blocking.

i'm not the offensive coordinator, but IMO our primary concern right now is maximizing our rushing attack. vision, strength and stamina for speedy, and all speed for truck.

read the strategy forums folks. EVERYONE should be set to "normal - play intensity". i'll say it again, mind your player ... team strategy is a minority - you control how good your player is in the system. TRAINING INTENSITY should be whatever keeps you at 100% energy for the next game, and for right now everyone should be at NORMAL - PLAY INTENSITY.

it takes 1 minute to make an impact, and no time at all to screw the deal for everyone. for example - if we're throwing everyone at run defense and your linebacker is set to pass defense, the TEAM is in trouble. if we're in a tight man coverage and safe tackling (as now) and your cornerback is trying to force fumbles and jumping interceptions, we're going to give up 50+ yard touchdowns, if we're at 70% rushing and you're pass blocking we're going to see plenty of fumbles. this is why we wanted a TT.com team. trust, fun, gaming, and football fanatics. this is us, this is OUR team. we'll post here and there so as not to inconvenience anyone and keep everyone involved.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read