Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008   #11
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
With all the internet research I've done on this guy tonight, nobody had this guy as a first round talent. So basically, what did we end up with from today. Three 3rd round draft pick in the 2008 draft instead of a 1st and a 3rd round pick.
My surprise pick of round one. The Niners have a ton of needs but they are going to be looking for an offensive lineman very early and I've been told that Brown is a strong possibility for them, either here or at #39. If they don't grab him in round one I don't think he'd make it to their next pick and they probably realize that too, which is why they pull the trigger here. A former tight end, Brown is a fantastic athlete with experience at both left and right tackle and in the last month before the draft he has been flying up draft boards all around the league. I am out on a limb with this one...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

Scott from NFLDC has him going to #29 slot in his final mock. I consider NFLDC the best draft site and trust Scott judgements.

I admit, from reading Duane Brown scouting reports, that I wouldn't consider him a 1st round pick. I mean they said he was similar to Brandon Frye, a 5th round pick, so I am sort of worry that he won't pan out. But so far Smith/Kubiak haven't done anything to make me question their decisions.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read