Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2008   #1141
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2008 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
so far i count 2 guys dont like the pick. good call porky.
Call it two and a half. I'm on the fence. I would rather have had Mendenhall at 18 or Phillips at 26; but I understand the logic. If Alex Gibbs handpicked Brown, as some of us think he did, then I'm good with it. He knows who he can make work in his system.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1142
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I'm pissed no 2nd RD pick what a loud of BS what the hell is wrong look its time for Steve McNair to get somebody from the Texanstalk MBs to actually draft for us considering the BS that goes on, I know its my opinion but look I would have drafted VY and damn it Mendanhall at 18 or at least a 2nd RD pick WOW that makes us look smart....right?! Oh I almost forgot
O_O

What?

I hate the pick. We could have traded down again, but Kubiak and Rick declined.
Old 04-26-2008   #1143
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
You forgot someone.
Oh yeah....Mr Carr.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1144
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

And here goes the run on WR.

This is a good pick for the Redskins.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1145
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Avery to St. Louis!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1146
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Here's some RBs to watch...doubt JC will be available.

Jamaal Charles
Texas
6-1/190*
Port Arthur, TX

Ray Rice
Rutgers
5-9/195*
New Rochelle, NY

Kevin Smith
UCF
6-1/210*
Miami, FL

Steve Slaton
West Virginia
5-10/195*
Levittown, PA

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1147
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Oh yeah....Mr Carr.
I'm trying to forget also.
Old 04-26-2008   #1148
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
O_O

What?

I hate the pick. We could have traded down again, but Kubiak and Rick declined.

realy who was making an offer?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1149
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
yay...lets pass on cason and phillips for a guy that gave up 8.5 sacks last year...YAY!!!!...give me a break. This was a garbage pick. Pathetic. Pathetic Pathetic and stupid.
Because you don't like it or agree, that makes it stupid??

You can express your disagreement all you want, but all of your posts calling it stupid, dumb and all that is just childish.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1150
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The WR run continues.

I can't believe that Groves is still on the board.
Old 04-26-2008   #1151
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

"For some it's apples to apples, for others it's oranges to oranges." Okay?
Old 04-26-2008   #1152
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one who thinks the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL? Look at their offense and defense. Offense you have guys like Romo, Owens, Witten, Barber, Felix Jones. Defense you have Mike Jenkins, Ware, Pacman, Newnan.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1153
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

realy who was making an offer?
They didn't say who, but they mentioned it in the press conference.
Old 04-26-2008   #1154
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Brilliant. Duane Brown was ranked:

56th best overall player by Gosselin.
66th best by SI.com
85th best by ProFootballWeekly.com
165th best by Scout.com

Maybe he'll be great, but there's no way he's not a reach. Kiper thinks he's better than Baker and Cherilus, at least.

I'm officially depressed.
8th best OT by usatoday; 57th overall; projected to go in the 2-3 round.

seems like a reach to me.

I now hate jerry jones almost as much as I hate bud adams

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1155
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude......gotta be RB Charles dude.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #1156
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

The Chron picked right...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5732165.html

Last edited by Smash_Mouth_Mario; 04-26-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2008   #1157
brakos82
Hall of Fame

There's SEA's TE pick.
Old 04-26-2008   #1158
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
There's SEA's TE pick.
Just not the one everyone expected.
Old 04-26-2008   #1159
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I now hate jerry jones almost as much as I hate bud adams
Justice...

Terrell Owens crying...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M

Tennessee 1 yard loss...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1oK2xo2WK0

Bush has been humbled. Next is Vince. Payback is a *****...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acRrOEleC8

Old 04-26-2008   #1160
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are going to bring in a coach and ask him to fix the Oline then give him what he wants and get out of his way and let him fix the Mother -F'er! Look at Norm Chow in TN he did not get the QB he wanted and he found himself with a new address.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read