Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-25-2008   #101
San Antonio Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 San Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden coverSan Antonio Texan could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

I have some long days at work so later this evening so i have been doing work on the team early morning or after I get off.

We are focusing on a 60% run 40% pass to start the season. I believe we have one of the better teams in the conference so I believe we will make a good push to tehplayoffs.

We have a good start as all our starting positions are filled but if anyone new wants to join please do because we still need alot of depth. We really need 3 more LB's,couple of DT's, 2-3 WR's , cb's , ect..

As a back up you still get alot of playing time due to changes they made to the game of players getting

Our first game is supposed to be this weekend so lets go kick some rear end!
San Antonio Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #102
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I boosted both of my guys, and I'm excited to see what they can do.

Halfback - Speed 46

Fullback - Blocking 38
Old 04-25-2008   #103
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
I'm willing to give it a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
I'm not sure how the DC's role works in this game, but if you don't find someone else, I guess I could try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'd actually train vision. mario needs to turn on his stats as a comparison, but tony-wan looks to be more of a RDE ... i'd keep working on his physical stats when you level up (speed, agility, tackling). unless our team just really sucks (i highly doubt it) and you're missing tackles left and right (again i doubt it), you really dont have to worry too much about confidence.

i'll throw my hat in the DC ring also, it's what i did with my last team. whoever ends up in that spot needs to remember that team tactics are only a small part of it - you have to make sure that everyone is setting up their players to match what the team's trying to do. for example - DE's in pass rush, cornerbacks in man coverage tight and aggressive, lb's focusing on run, etc. scouting opponents is also crucial.
I appreciate the interest in the DC job.
Old 04-25-2008   #104
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I need a team O.o

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=120048
Old 04-25-2008   #105
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
I sent you an offer. You would fill the back up QB role, which really need.
Old 04-25-2008   #106
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

YAYYYYYY!!!!

LOL, Im like David Carr, so happy to have a back up role. XD
Old 04-25-2008   #107
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2062 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a level 5 corner and I've been demoted to the dime position on my team. So if you've got a job for me I'd be willing to ask if I could get cut or traded.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=78718
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #108
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
YAYYYYYY!!!!

LOL, Im like David Carr, so happy to have a back up role. XD
lmao...that's a good one.
Old 04-25-2008   #109
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
I'm a level 5 corner and I've been demoted to the dime position on my team. So if you've got a job for me I'd be willing to ask if I could get cut or traded.

If you can get released, or talk your owner into a trade, I'm sure the team would love to have you. Be polite about it.
Old 04-25-2008   #110
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post

We could use you, we only have 3 human CB's, you would see signficant playing time. Let me know what your owner says and if you can get out.
Old 04-25-2008   #111
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Scooter will be taking over the DC duties for me since has some experience at it.
Old 04-25-2008   #112
Dcolbyt
starter

i created a player yesterday, now i am a lvl 7 cb. i got to lvl again! thats awesome!
Old 04-25-2008   #113
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I was able to boost Caveman Eric, but I didn't have spare Flex to boost Brisiel, I'll do that at the end of the season I guess.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #114
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I boosted both of my guys, and I'm excited to see what they can do.

Halfback - Speed 46

Fullback - Blocking 38
I'm a little worried your HB will run past your FB before he sets up a block
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #115
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Check out my CB now that I have boosted him:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=232419
Old 04-25-2008   #116
New_Texans
All Pro

How do you get flex points

nvm
Old 04-25-2008   #117
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Check out my CB now that I have boosted him:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=232419
Vision is very important for a CB, you need to bring that up. It will also serve you well to train on tackling, strength, and confidence.

It looks like you are set as the starting punt returner as well. Because of that, you will need to increase your carrying level also.
Old 04-25-2008   #118
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
Vision is very important for a CB, you need to bring that up. It will also serve you well to train on tackling, strength, and confidence.

It looks like you are set as the starting punt returner as well. Because of that, you will need to increase your carrying level also.
Yes, I agree, those are the things I want to work and train on next. I am going to training hard on those. But you have to start somewhere, so I went for speed and stamina out of the gate.
Old 04-25-2008   #119
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How do you get flex points

nvm
you have to buy them, or get people to sign up on your referal link. When you get people to sign up, you get free flex points.
Old 04-25-2008   #120
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I'm a little worried your HB will run past your FB before he sets up a block
LOL, I am too! I am going to focus on Vision for training. Maybe that will help with following the lead blocker and then exploding past the secondary

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read