Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-24-2008   #81
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Does anyone want to take on the role of DC? We will need someone who will be active, check on the Defense players devlopement, make suggestions to fit the scheme, etc. Basically, need to be very active.

Let me know if you are interested.
I'm willing to give it a shot.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #82
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Does anyone want to take on the role of DC? We will need someone who will be active, check on the Defense players devlopement, make suggestions to fit the scheme, etc. Basically, need to be very active.

Let me know if you are interested.
I'm not sure how the DC's role works in this game, but if you don't find someone else, I guess I could try it.
Old 04-25-2008   #83
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still interested in making a WR or DE for the TT team.

Because of this issue with my dog, it basically has left all of our credit/debit cards empty and it's pretty hard to buy the flex necessary for such. All cards should be fine tomorrow, so I'll make one when I get home from school then.
Old 04-25-2008   #84
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still interested in making a WR or DE for the TT team.

Because of this issue with my dog, it basically has left all of our credit/debit cards empty and it's pretty hard to buy the flex necessary for such. All cards should be fine tomorrow, so I'll make one when I get home from school then.
do you have paypal? If you can get your player set up before they switch over to season 2, you will be able to boost him to level 4 and then have 3 more boosts available tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2008   #85
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
do you have paypal? If you can get your player set up before they switch over to season 2, you will be able to boost him to level 4 and then have 3 more boosts available tomorrow.
Yeah. I do. Oh really? Wow. :O
Old 04-25-2008   #86
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah. I do. Oh really? Wow. :O
If you plan on doing what I suggested, you have to do it quick. Season 2 starts tomorrow, and that could be as soon as 1 1/2 hours since the Admins are based in Oregon.
Old 04-25-2008   #87
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
If you plan on doing what I suggested, you have to do it quick. Season 2 starts tomorrow, and that could be as soon as 1 1/2 hours since the Admins are based in Oregon.
Ah, damnit. Okay. I'll see what I can do.
Old 04-25-2008   #88
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Alright. I managed to use my bank account for this. Thank God it worked. lol
Old 04-25-2008   #89
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

benjiels is now a level 4 free safety..and ready to ROCK! lets go gang...i want to see some great team play.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #90
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Okay, I tried making a WR. But it's crazy expensive to boost him. I hope it's alright if I make a DE instead. :O
Old 04-25-2008   #91
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Alright. I managed to use my bank account for this. Thank God it worked. lol
Don't forget to post a link to your player here. If you want use your season one boosts, you have to do it before they reset everything for season 2. Once the new season starts, all boosts will be charged against season 2, but you will have all season to use those.
Old 04-25-2008   #92
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Okay, I tried making a WR. But it's crazy expensive to boost him. I hope it's alright if I make a DE instead. :O
the team does need WR's, but it also needs a DE or two, so that's fine. Just post the player link here and make sure to make it viewable for all to see.
Old 04-25-2008   #93
AnthonyE 
Lurker

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=252922

Tony-Wan Kenobi created.
Old 04-25-2008   #94
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
benjiels is now a level 4 free safety..and ready to ROCK! lets go gang...i want to see some great team play.
You are going to need to focus his daily training on agility, strength and confidence. Agility is pretty important for a FS. Strength is also important, so you don't miss tackles. Confidence is important for everyone, because it effects your players morale. The lower your confidence level the faster your morale will go down. As your morale goes down, your player plays worse and worse.

Don't worry too much about the special abilities yet, because until the higher levels, they really don't effect your play too much. The next time you level up, focus on your physical abilities.

Last edited by vtech9; 04-25-2008 at 12:58 AM.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #95
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
looks like a pretty good build. Focus your daily training on vision and confidence to start with, but you will also need to improve your agility eventually.

Have you bought equipment yet?
Old 04-25-2008   #96
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
looks like a pretty good build. Focus your daily training on vision and confidence to start with, but you will also need to improve your agility eventually.

Have you bought equipment yet?
Yes. And thanks.

When I boost next I'll put some toward those two. I can see that those are blaring holes now. lol
Old 04-25-2008   #97
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes. And thanks.

When I boost next I'll put some toward those two. I can see that those are blaring holes now. lol
The best way to increase your confidence is with daily training. Use the skill points you receive from leveling up on your vision and other physical abilities. You don't need to boost if you don't want to, but if you do boost tomorrow, only boost once. Save your other two boosts for later when we might need them.

Just remember, everything I'm telling you is my opinion of what you should do based on what I have read and learned so far from playing this game. It is your player, so you still need to do what you feel is best. If you want my opinion, just ask and I will tell you what I think.

Last edited by vtech9; 04-25-2008 at 01:14 AM.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #98
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
The best way to increase your confidence is with daily training. Use the skill points you receive from leveling up on your vision and other physical abilities. You don't need to boost if you don't want to, but if you do boost tomorrow, only boost once. Save your other two boosts for later when we might need them.

Just remember, everything I'm telling you is my opinion of what you should do based on what I have read and learned so far from playing this game. It is your player, so you still need to do what you feel is best. If you want my opinion, just ask and I will tell you what I think.
Okay, thanks.
Old 04-25-2008   #99
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Okay, thanks.
your welcome
Old 04-25-2008   #100
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd actually train vision. mario needs to turn on his stats as a comparison, but tony-wan looks to be more of a RDE ... i'd keep working on his physical stats when you level up (speed, agility, tackling). unless our team just really sucks (i highly doubt it) and you're missing tackles left and right (again i doubt it), you really dont have to worry too much about confidence.

i'll throw my hat in the DC ring also, it's what i did with my last team. whoever ends up in that spot needs to remember that team tactics are only a small part of it - you have to make sure that everyone is setting up their players to match what the team's trying to do. for example - DE's in pass rush, cornerbacks in man coverage tight and aggressive, lb's focusing on run, etc. scouting opponents is also crucial.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read