Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-24-2008   #61
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I agree with Brandon, since we are in it for the long haul we have time to level up through XP points, but we want to start of strong and we should stay ahead of the pack. JMHO.

As far as training, I would pick a few key PHYSICAL attributes to most of the time increase on with skill points and train for the less important ones.

Like for a WR, spend your skill points on receiving ability, speed, stamina, hands. Train on the other stuff, etc. hope that make sense. If not check out this link, it provides a good idea of how to go about it:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...e=9%3C/span%3E
Well, with looking at the other teams in the league, I think we are going to start off much better than them anyway.
Old 04-24-2008   #62
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't mind spending some time on it. Hell, I have been on it for hours already. It would just be hard for me to Know what time of which days I can be on. But it looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait for the Houston Toros to start ripping it up.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #63
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
There is still time for everyone to boost now before season 2 starts. Once season 2 starts, you can boost 3 more times for that season. The problem with using all of your boosts early, is that you won't be able to boost if needed later. It's your player, so you can do what you want. All I am saying is that I think we are going to be very competitive early, and if we are, we will be better off if we save our boosts until they are needed. If we use all of our boosts early, we may start out better than other teams, but if they save their boosts, they can level up naturally and actually pass us by at the end of the season. Like I said, it's your player. I'm just giving suggestions and my opinion. Do with it what you wish.
It seems pretty obvious to me that the best long term strategy would be the one you are advocating. I have never played before but just looking at the numbers, it seems quite clear that it is advantageous to wait on your boosts.

But that only works if we are sure we can compete and get into the playoffs without leveling up our players.
Old 04-24-2008   #64
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is still time for everyone to boost now before season 2 starts. Once season 2 starts, you can boost 3 more times for that season. The problem with using all of your boosts early, is that you won't be able to boost if needed later. It's your player, so you can do what you want. All I am saying is that I think we are going to be very competitive early, and if we are, we will be better off if we save our boosts until they are needed. If we use all of our boosts early, we may start out better than other teams, but if they save their boosts, they can level up naturally and actually pass us by at the end of the season. Like I said, it's your player. I'm just giving suggestions and my opinion. Do with it what you wish.
They way I understand it, if you boost now it counts as a season 2 boost. In other words I think we only get to boost 3 times between now and the end of season 2 not 6 times total. Just the way I understand it.
Old 04-24-2008   #65
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
They way I understand it, if you boost now it counts as a season 2 boost. In other words I think we only get to boost 3 times between now and the end of season 2 not 6 times total. Just the way I understand it.
No...Season 2 doesn't start until tomorrow, so all boosts done today are credited to season one. After today, they will go towards season 2
Old 04-24-2008   #66
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont think so, boosting seems to still be going on for season 1 and the resets are coming sometime tonight or tomorrow when they reactivate training and paychecks. also, if you have any plans on stadium upgrades you have to do it before the resets or just wait until next offseason.
Old 04-24-2008   #67
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No...Season 2 doesn't start until tomorrow, so all boosts done today are credited to season one. After today, they will go towards season 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i dont think so, boosting seems to still be going on for season 1 and the resets are coming sometime tonight or tomorrow when they reactivate training and paychecks. also, if you have any plans on stadium upgrades you have to do it before the resets or just wait until next offseason.
I boosted 3 times in Season 1 with a TE I have on a different team. And then I boosted him again during the offseason and it said I only have a total of 3 until the end of Season 2.
Old 04-24-2008   #68
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
I boosted 3 times in Season 1 with a TE I have on a different team. And then I boosted him again during the offseason and it said I only have a total of 3 until the end of Season 2.
Okay, disregard that. My TE from season 1, I can not do anything to. But the CB created during the offseason was allowed to boost during this offseason. We will find out tomorrow when the season starts whether I can boost him, but I suspect since he was created after season 1 his boosting will count against season 2.
Old 04-24-2008   #69
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I boosted my FS all three times in season one, and I can't boost again until season 2 starts.
Old 04-24-2008   #70
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
I boosted my FS all three times in season one, and I can't boost again until season 2 starts.
Same with my TE from season 1. So either players created AFTER season 1 or being boosted (such as my CB) and counted as Season 1 or their boosting will count against the total of 3 we are allowed during season 2.
Old 04-24-2008   #71
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Same with my TE from season 1. So either players created AFTER season 1 or being boosted (such as my CB) and counted as Season 1 or their boosting will count against the total of 3 we are allowed during season 2.
as long as the boosting is done today or prior, it counts towards season one. It doesn't matter when you created your player. I've created a few in the past couple days, and boosted them all to lvl 4. Once the new season starts tomorrow, I will have 3 boosts I can use. I might use one boost early, but will most likely save the others until closer to the end of the season depending on how the season goes.
Old 04-24-2008   #72
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Yep. All boosting after 4-20-08 will count against Season 2 if I read this right.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...hread_id=62013
Old 04-24-2008   #73
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yep. All boosting after 4-20-08 will count against Season 2 if I read this right.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...hread_id=62013
that was initial plan, but things changed when they were trying to get the new teams added. Bort and Digital Daggers posted it in one of their updates, but I don't remember which one.
Old 04-24-2008   #74
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
that was initial plan, but things changed when they were trying to get the new teams added. Bort and Digital Daggers posted it in one of their updates, but I don't remember which one.
You're right. If you scroll to the bottom of this link it says the same:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...id=2262&page=1

This is huge, we should all level up as much as possible before the seasons starts tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2008   #75
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

I think I have leveled up as much as possible. Is there anyway I may not know of to level up quickly?
Old 04-24-2008   #76
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I think I have leveled up as much as possible. Is there anyway I may not know of to level up quickly?
Prolly not. You can only level up by boosting 3 teams during the season. The rest you have to earn by XP points which only are given for playing time or off days between games when the season is active. Every time you get to 1000 points you level up and get 5 more skill points.
Old 04-24-2008   #77
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're right. If you scroll to the bottom of this link it says the same:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...id=2262&page=1

This is huge, we should all level up as much as possible before the seasons starts tomorrow.
Yeah, I couldn't remember which one it was in. I'm out after having back surgery, so I've had alot of time to read the forums.
Old 04-24-2008   #78
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

I am the owner of the Houston Bulls

My username is Big Poundcake.

I need help at LB.

I also could use backups at FS,OG and OT.http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1728020
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #79
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
you still have two more boosts that you can do before tomorrow. To boost your player up to lvl 4, you will need 400 flex points. If you don't have the flex points needed, you will have to buy them or just let your player level up naturally.
Old 04-24-2008   #80
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Does anyone want to take on the role of DC? We will need someone who will be active, check on the Defense players devlopement, make suggestions to fit the scheme, etc. Basically, need to be very active.

Let me know if you are interested.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read