Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-24-2008   #41
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansMVP View Post
Is there any other spots you guys need? I still have some flex points available.
I think they still need a LB
Old 04-24-2008   #42
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
as much or as little as you want it to. other than minor tweaking of your character for game-day (every other day) and managing stat changes as he levels up (every week or so) there's not a whole lot to it. you dont have to be present for the sims and the season lasts 40 days.
Thanks scooter, I think I will go sign up now.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #43
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Level 2 LB, count me in.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=248606
Old 04-24-2008   #44
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
don't forget to go into your player profile and make it visible to everyone.
Old 04-24-2008   #45
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
don't forget to go into your player profile and make it visible to everyone.
Is that the attribute sharing option?
Old 04-24-2008   #46
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Is that the attribute sharing option?
yes, but after your signed, make it visible to team only.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #47
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Cool. Looks like I am good to go. Ready to get signed and start gettin paid. LOL.
Old 04-24-2008   #48
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73208 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

here ya go coach!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=248876
Old 04-24-2008   #49
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is the DT I just created:

Bigugly Middleman
Offer sent, please accept as soon as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Sorry, just got home will try to make a WR as soon as possible.

Unless, of course, your needs changed again. :P
We only have two WR's, definitely need a couple more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I have a kicker that was never signed. Do you still need one??
Yes, we only have a CPU kicker, please join us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I'm making the ROT now. I'll tell you when I'm finished.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=248540

I will check him out right now and send an offer.

Quote:
Is there any other spots you guys need? I still have some flex points available.
Yes, I need to double check the roster with everything going on, but I know for sure we need TE, OT, LB, SS, DT, DE

Quote:
offer sent, thank you, you are our third human linebacker, still could use more.
Old 04-24-2008   #50
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Offer sent! Please accept, thanks.
Old 04-24-2008   #51
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Offer sent, please accept as soon as you can.

We only have two WR's, definitely need a couple more.

Yes, we only have a CPU kicker, please join us.

I will check him out right now and send an offer.

Yes, I need to double check the roster with everything going on, but I know for sure we need TE, OT, LB, SS, DT, DE

offer sent, thank you, you are our third human linebacker, still could use more.
done...thanks

I think we have the makings of a good team.
Old 04-24-2008   #52
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

when does the season start????

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #53
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73208 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

season starts tomorrow (friday) and the first games start saturday.
Old 04-24-2008   #54
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Need immediately:

DT,TE, LB, DE

Need good depth at those above and:

C, G, OT, WR, SS, FS, QB

I can't stress enough that the "starters" will see about the same playing time as the back-ups. We need good depth all the way around, with peopl working hard to up there guys levels, boost when you can, and train hard.

We are well on our way to having a very tough team. Thanks to all the people who have joined, you guys are making the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
when does the season start????
Probably Saturday.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...read_id=100619

----------------------------------------------
**Everyone needs to buy equipment and make sure you equip it. As we start to win, and develope our players the money will come. Right now we are putting together the building blocks for a playoff team. Please stay focused on developing your guys.

To all the newbies, I suggest reading up on a couple of threads or asking anyone on here some questions.

Newbie Link
Old 04-24-2008   #55
vtech9
Hall of Fame

I've noticed that most everyone is planning on boosting 3 levels immediately once the season starts, but I think it would be wise to hold off until later in the season. The lower your level, the more experience you get for games and training. Which means you will level up faster. If we make the playoffs without boosting, it will make us so much tougher when we use all of our boosts at playoff time.
Old 04-24-2008   #56
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
I've noticed that most everyone is planning on boosting 3 levels immediately once the season starts, but I think it would be wise to hold off until later in the season. The lower your level, the more experience you get for games and training. Which means you will level up faster. If we make the playoffs without boosting, it will make us so much tougher when we use all of our boosts at playoff time.
Well you can look at it like this. Do you boost early and help your team sooner, or boost later and help your team later. Some people opt to boost later because they plan on only staying with the team for 1 year and it will be easier to get on a higher ranked team that way, those that boost and stay with their teams are doing so in preperation for the next season.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #57
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=133150
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #58
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
How much time does this game take up? Would you have to be present at your pc for games at certain times of the week? How long does a season last?
The games are simulated (simm'd) every time there is a game at gametime. After which you can go in and watch play by play replays and see how your player performs at your leisure.

You only need a few minutes every day or every other day to set your training and attend to your player. However if you want to watch your unit's plays, check on what needs improved, and discuss tatics/strategy you can spin much more time. All in all, hopefully everyone is involved a few minutes a day to help develope their player. Good communication is key, with the DC, OC, and Owner about the scheme and what we are trying to do.

I can not stress enough that OL and DL need to build strenght, stamina, and level up. It all starts up front as they say.
Old 04-24-2008   #59
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Quote:
Well you can look at it like this. Do you boost early and help your team sooner, or boost later and help your team later. Some people opt to boost later because they plan on only staying with the team for 1 year and it will be easier to get on a higher ranked team that way, those that boost and stay with their teams are doing so in preperation for the next season.
I agree with Brandon, since we are in it for the long haul we have time to level up through XP points, but we want to start of strong and we should stay ahead of the pack. JMHO.

As far as training, I would pick a few key PHYSICAL attributes to most of the time increase on with skill points and train for the less important ones.

Like for a WR, spend your skill points on receiving ability, speed, stamina, hands. Train on the other stuff, etc. hope that make sense. If not check out this link, it provides a good idea of how to go about it:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...e=9%3C/span%3E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Old 04-24-2008   #60
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There is still time for everyone to boost now before season 2 starts. Once season 2 starts, you can boost 3 more times for that season. The problem with using all of your boosts early, is that you won't be able to boost if needed later. It's your player, so you can do what you want. All I am saying is that I think we are going to be very competitive early, and if we are, we will be better off if we save our boosts until they are needed. If we use all of our boosts early, we may start out better than other teams, but if they save their boosts, they can level up naturally and actually pass us by at the end of the season. Like I said, it's your player. I'm just giving suggestions and my opinion. Do with it what you wish.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read