Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2005   #21
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Rumors will fly everywhere.

I had a Bengals fan tell me the other day that Marvin Lewis was talking on the radio in Cincinatti, and he had mentioned Jamie Sharper in possibly a swap for Peter Warrick.

How believable that is...probably not. But it is interesting to hear all the different scenario's.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #22
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Rumors will fly everywhere.

I had a Bengals fan tell me the other day that Marvin Lewis was talking on the radio in Cincinatti, and he had mentioned Jamie Sharper in possibly a swap for Peter Warrick.

God, lets hope not. :woot
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not believable because you cannot speculate about players who are under contract with other teams openly. Its against the rules.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #24
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It's not believable because you cannot speculate about players who are under contract with other teams openly. Its against the rules.
True...but, just as I posted that...and then clicked over to HPF.com...I see this:
Quote:
As word spreads around the league that linebacker Jamie Sharper is available via trade, one newspaper believes he might be working on fashioning some stripes into his fall wardrobe.

The Cincinnati Enquirer received word from an unspecified source that Sharper is talking to the Bengals about a possible trade. If the Texans were to consummate a deal with the Bengals, it would reunite Sharper with Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis, Sharper's defensive coordinator when he played with the Ravens.

Sharper, 30, is capable of playing a variety of positions in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 defensive scheme. It maximizes the number of teams he could potentially play for outside of Houston if he is traded. Other speculated destinations for Sharper include Seattle, Kansas City, Cleveland, and Baltimore.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure, but Marvin Lewis isn't going to be on the radio talking about him. Thats just made up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #26
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Sharper has much interest in remaining here and if he does he
may be a negative influence on the younger players. Absorbing his cap damage and salvaging in trade (doubt that we do better than a 3rd rounder)
for him whatever we can and moving on is the best path.
I still look to the future with this team and won't be upset if we don't make the playoffs this year . I just want them to play hard for 4 quarters in all 16 games like in 2003 and not quit early in the second half like they did this year a couple of times.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #27
Rosusu
All Pro

What could we get from Seattle that would be worth it??
Old 03-08-2005   #28
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
OK, even knowing this is off-topic, have to say something. How in Hades did Owens lead the Eagles to the Bowl? The Eagles got one step shy the past three years without TO--this year they got through that last step without TO playing. That is just player hype talking--they got a superstar it must be the reason they got to the SB.

Thank you. I was going to say the same thing.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #29
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
What could we get from Seattle that would be worth it??
They have any good offensive linemen?
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #30
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rpAn
They have any good offensive linemen?
Walter*cough* Jones

and with that I'll say "yeah right"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #31
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus22
Yes, has any produced a Title?

hmmm last time i checked in order to get a title you have to win the thing as a TEAM. i guess t-mac could play the rest of the season 1-5 man and try to win a title that way !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #32
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Walter Jones? yeah then I woke up

Seatle is interesting, they have been shopping for a MLB for some time in the past couple of years with no success. If we do trade Shaper player for player to Seattle, it will have to be for somebody on the offensive side of the ball. What about Koren Robinson? Seatle wants him gone, he is a young player with great talent but he gets to big of a head and needs to grow up. I certainly don't want to see him as a Texan, but that is about the only guy I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 03-09-2005   #33
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl
Thumbs down

You can't be serious about K-Drop?! That's what they call this guy in Seattle. Koren Robinson is more interested in smoking dope than he is in catching a damned football. If the trade were to happen with Seattle, I would rather take a draft pick over this guy anyday. Not very impressive numbers if you ask me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5456
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #34
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

absolutely right...no recievers from seattle are worth trading sharper for...with the trade with sharper i only see us piling up draft picks not personal

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read