Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-16-2008   #101
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Contest: A new Titans ten year anniversary logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
I "love" my team. You people love to throw the history of the franchise in our face. Many Titan fans did not follow the team before they moved to Tennessee, and last time I checked they were not handing out history books when they pulled into town. It is really not a big deal. I knew nothing of the Oilers until the team came to Tennessee. Growing up in Savannah didn't give me many chances to keep up with the Oilers. It was Falcons or bust and really nobody cared about them. It is obvious some of you people have a great love and respect for this teams history. Now you have to start over with the Texans. Personally I wish Bud would have left the Oilers name in Houston. You could have kept your name and past(not that you lost it). Would have been better than being called the Texans.......
'The Texans' is a great name. So much so, that it's been used before by the Houston Texans of the WFL and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Bud would never leave the name or the records in Houston. To do so would be to have class. Obviously something Bud has ALWAYS been devoid of...

Anyway, if the fans of Tennessee don't want or appreciate the history of the team prior to the move, voice your opinions to your official website. Let them know that you don't care. Maybe they could condense all of that history into one little blurb rather than listing all of these links under 'History'.

Houston Oilers / Luv Ya Blue
1959-1969
1970's
1980's
1990's
(of course there is a link for 2000's - but who cares)

Dang - that's a lot of history for folks that don't care about their team's prior to moving to Tennessee.... :elle:

Bottom line though, you don't 'have' to know the Oilers history to know who Earl is, anymore than you would have to know the Bears history to know who Walter Payton was...
Old 04-19-2008   #102
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This thread needs more cowbell....
A Texan fan asking for a cowbell....priceless.

Great job blondie.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #103
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Clearly you don't understand........

She has more football expertise and intellect than any Titans fan.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #104
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
TC's got 10 to 1 more info and intellect than ALL Titans fans combined. Not ANY Titans fan.

Just wanted to clarify Brando.
Understood!

Old 04-19-2008   #105
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Clearly you don't understand........

She has more football expertise and intellect than any Titans fan.
Obviously not seeing as she's a Texans fan.duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
Cowbell;A skit from Saturday Night Live that is completely overrated and that people talk about when they want to appear funny. Such morons are also known to use such overrused words as "random," "cheese," "crack," and "monkey" in an attempt to get a laugh.
Old 04-19-2008   #106
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Obviously not seeing as she's a Texans fan.duh

I guess that's what I get for trying to get this thread back on track and less about attacking Titan fans who have nothing better to do than hang out on an opposing MB and demonstrating their catastrophic ignorance of history for all to point at and giggle.

Hey, my short little post was an attempt to redirect folks to make more fun of your silly 10th anniversary logo and less about making fun of you.

In sum, you completely missed the point. I guess this is where I am supposed to add a "duh" so that you understand and call you "blondie" to infer that you are a stupid person and wound you with a weak display of lighthearted smack talk.

With that out of the way....

I really want to see more Titan 10th anniversary logo photoshops.
Old 04-19-2008   #107
Brando
Site Contributor

10 years of Flaming Meatballs.......

Old 04-19-2008   #108
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
10 years of Flaming Meatballs.......

Classic.

I really need to get my own photobucket one of these days.
Old 04-19-2008   #109
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I guess that's what I get for trying to get this thread back on track and less about attacking Titan fans who have nothing better to do than hang out on an opposing MB and demonstrating their catastrophic ignorance of history for all to point at and giggle.

Hey, my short little post was an attempt to redirect folks to make more fun of your silly 10th anniversary logo and less about making fun of you.

In sum, you completely missed the point. I guess this is where I am supposed to add a "duh" so that you understand and call you "blondie" to infer that you are a stupid person and wound you with a weak display of lighthearted smack talk.

With that out of the way....

I really want to see more Titan 10th anniversary logo photoshops.
I got your point but any opportunity to make fun of a Texan fan & I'm going to take it.

I think the 10 year logo featuring Cletus is great & captures everything that is great about having fun with your 'trolls'.

Smack talk in the appropriate forum is best for all parties when it's done with your tongue firmly in cheek. I was a little shocked at the level of hostility ktown invoked with his photoshop of Earl in a VY shirt.

It was funny.It was intended to provoke a reaction without offending anyone. Nothing more ,nothing less. Earl is a legend who is exclusively part of the Oilers history. The picture hit a nerve & the thread took a wrong turn.

No one who has ever been a fan of football would ever wish to tarnish Earl's legend but a brief moment of photoshop fun turned into a nasty troll outing.

IMO this is a great board with a great group of passionate fans but rival fans,so called trolls add to a board.When you attract rival fans to your board it's a compliment.

We've all seen the odd fool turn up during a game week on our boards & piss everyone off with a lack of respect & general stupidity. Such people are fair game but those who endeavour to be part of the furniture all year around add to your board rather than take away from it.

I appreciate you're ire regarding Earl in Titan Blue but I appeal to TT's board regulars to have fun with your trolls rather than trying to run us out of town. Long term ,home fans will always win out but this board would be less fun without us.

Here's to a great draft & season for both teams with a view to keeping our rivalry strong.

PS;Texans suck
Old 04-19-2008   #110
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
I got your point but any opportunity to make fun of a Texan fan & I'm going to take it.

I think the 10 year logo featuring Cletus is great & captures everything that is great about having fun with your 'trolls'.

Smack talk in the appropriate forum is best for all parties when it's done with your tongue firmly in cheek. I was a little shocked at the level of hostility ktown invoked with his photoshop of Earl in a VY shirt.

It was funny.It was intended to provoke a reaction without offending anyone. Nothing more ,nothing less. Earl is a legend who is exclusively part of the Oilers history. The picture hit a nerve & the thread took a wrong turn.

No one who has ever been a fan of football would ever wish to tarnish Earl's legend but a brief moment of photoshop fun turned into a nasty troll outing.

IMO this is a great board with a great group of passionate fans but rival fans,so called trolls add to a board.When you attract rival fans to your board it's a compliment.

We've all seen the odd fool turn up during a game week on our boards & piss everyone off with a lack of respect & general stupidity. Such people are fair game but those who endeavour to be part of the furniture all year around add to your board rather than take away from it.

I appreciate you're ire regarding Earl in Titan Blue but I appeal to TT's board regulars to have fun with your trolls rather than trying to run us out of town. Long term ,home fans will always win out but this board would be less fun without us.

Here's to a great draft & season for both teams with a view to keeping our rivalry strong.

PS;Texans suck
What? Are you really trying to spin trolls into being good? Next thing I know you'll say STD's help the economy b/c people buy medications and by doing that it recirculates there money and boosts the economy.

Its not even the fact that your a troll, its the fact that your a Titan. There is a difference. Trolls are a rung higher on the ladder of NFL MB's any day of the week.

I am going to give you Negative rep for the Blondie comment. Its not b/c of what you said, b/c most of us deserve it, but TC has never attacked anyone personally. She attacks a team or an organization. TC's post was not even an insult or was it directed at anyone or anything.

If it was something insulting directed at myself or say Overalls, then yea, I could see that and would have no problem with it. I know I deserve it. I hate you guys, and your take it in the butt blue jersey's you sport.

And plus, unlike our OL, I believe in standing up for any member of the Texans when getting cheap shotted.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #111
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

This is the stupidest thing I have ever made:

rofl, it's not even funny. XD
Old 04-19-2008   #112
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
What? Are you really trying to spin trolls into being good? Next thing I know you'll say STD's help the economy b/c people buy medications and by doing that it recirculates there money and boosts the economy.

Its not even the fact that your a troll, its the fact that your a Titan. There is a difference. Trolls are a rung higher on the ladder of NFL MB's any day of the week.

I am going to give you Negative rep for the Blondie comment. Its not b/c of what you said, b/c most of us deserve it, but TC has never attacked anyone personally. She attacks a team or an organization. TC's post was not even an insult or was it directed at anyone or anything.

If it was something insulting directed at myself or say Overalls, then yea, I could see that and would have no problem with it. I know I deserve it. I hate you guys, and your take it in the butt blue jersey's you sport.

And plus, unlike our OL, I believe in standing up for any member of the Texans when getting cheap shotted.
Sorry you feel that way about us man but I like the way you can still poke fun at your own O Line. Maybe I did get through to you after all.
Old 04-19-2008   #113
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post

It's not just for breakfast .

* Exported from MasterCook *

http://fp.enter.net/~rburk/soups/gamesoups/tennesse.txt

Tennessee Possum Soup

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Soups Game

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/2 C Macaroni
1 Lg Onion -- chopped
8 To 9 Potatoes -- diced
1 Lg Possum (Or Ground Beef)
2 Pkg (16 Oz) Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 Pkg (10 Oz) Frozen Corn
1 Can (12 Oz) Tomato Juice
1/4 C Butter
Salt And Pepper -- to taste

Cook the macaroni, onion, and potatoes together in the water until tender,
while browning the possum in the microwave. Transfer everything to a
bigger pot, including the water. Add the remaining ingredients, and season
with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 hours. For
the best taste, cook over low heat for 5 to 6 hours. Yields 8 servings.
Old 04-19-2008   #114
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:

I guess I am messed up because it made me laugh.

+1
Old 04-20-2008   #115
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Have you thought of adopting a new name for the board?

Texans Only Member Board ?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #116
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Have you thought of adopting a new name for the board?

Texans Only Member Board ?
No TEXANSTALK.COM is sufficient enough for me, Thanks for playing, you are not the winner, try again.

Old 04-21-2008   #117
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Stupid??? This is great!!!!

A+++++++++++++++++++++
Old 04-21-2008   #118
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

Thanks for the kind words.

I think it is funny that some people feel very free to use sexist words who would never ever in a million years use derogatory racial words.

I don't have my knickers in a twist about it because heck, I call myself a chick, which isn't the most respectful language out there. I think ultimately stuff like this is a contextual thing--that if language is meant to be ugly, well then it is.

At the end of the day it is no big thing.

You know, if'n folks disrespect Earl or call me a sexist name even though I'm trying to help them out, well, then they deserve whatever can of whoopaz people want to unleash.

Generally speaking, I like opposing fan visitors but I advise them that they will receive twice over what they dish. If you want to have sensible conversations with opposing fans, well then you need to be sensible back.
Old 04-21-2008   #119
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
No TEXANSTALK.COM is sufficient enough for me, Thanks for playing, you are not the winner, try again.
My comment went completely over your head.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #120
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
My comment went completely over your head.
No it didn't.

Titans Online Message Board

Actually you should go there. Oh wait.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read