Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2008   #21
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RESPECT BABY, RESPECT!!!!! Yeah!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just logged on to chron.com/sports and saw the headline and almost peed myself with shock and happiness.

I am stunned. I really thought this franchise would need a playoff appearance under its belt before we'd get a Monday night game, let alone a HOME GAME.

Go Texans!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #22
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be nuts at Reliant!!! I think it would be a good time to go to my first Texans game!
Old 04-15-2008   #23
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
It's going to be nuts at Reliant!!! I think it would be a good time to go to my first Texans game!
I should have two tickets for sale. My college age son won't be able to make it. It is going to kill him, BTW.
Old 04-15-2008   #24
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the sake of the RealJoker....I hope we can atleast go to the playoffs so he can get laid. Seriously, I feel bad for the guy. I wonder how he's doing on his oath?
Old 04-15-2008   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
For the sake of the RealJoker....I hope we can atleast go to the playoffs so he can get laid. Seriously, I feel bad for the guy. I wonder how he's doing on his oath?
Eh, no dude can go that long without doing a little EE ER, EE ER. If so, he must have enough hair on his palms for a 4 inch braid. EEWW :elle:
Old 04-15-2008   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Eh, no dude can go that long without doing a little EE ER, EE ER. If so, he must have enough hair on his palms for a 4 inch braid. EEWW :elle:
I not only hope for the RealJoker's sake that the Texans make the play-offs, but ours as well... Didn't really need the hairy palm / 4" braid visual...
Old 04-15-2008   #27
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I not only hope for the RealJoker's sake that the Texans make the play-offs, but ours as well... Didn't really need the hairy palm / 4" braid visual...
lmao....right?
Old 04-15-2008   #28
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

Geeze people... our first Monday Night in Houston game in 14 years.. can't we have a little bit of uninhibited enthusiasm?
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #29
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Says the man with the Jake Plummer jersey.
You have and it made me do this that time too.

I'm all for excitement, but you have to dial down the crazy to get some respect round here.
Old 04-15-2008   #30
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

It's tempered a bit by the fact IMO MNF has lost some of its luster. I mean when Kornheiser is in the booth witha purple plaid suit it makes it hard to take the announcers seriously.

I like it but it means nothing if we're not in the playoff chase at that point. On a positive point....Jags + battled red day = win.

Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #31
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'm sorry, but I fail to see respect out of that schedule.

Its almost like they said, well...lets let the little non-winning team have a brutal front stretch of games, then reward them with only one prime-time game.

No thank you.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #32
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did board members get a bulk discount on grumpy undies or something??

It's Monday Night Football, its exciting. Of course we get a brutal schedule we are in a brutal division, but you have to beat the best to be the best, lets celebrate a little.
Old 04-15-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

It's Monday Night Football, its exciting. Of course we get a brutal schedule we are in a brutal division, but you have to beat the best to be the best, lets celebrate a little.
I think MNF has kind of lost some of its panache ever since going to ESPN.

Besides, I like Sunday night football games. I can be a little late for work Monday mornings with no worries. MNF, I have to take off half a day Monday and guess what??? I'll still be a little late getting in Tuesday morning...
Old 04-15-2008   #34
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think MNF has kind of lost some of its panache ever since going to ESPN.
MNF has lost all of it's senority to Sunday Night Football and the elite cast of John Madden and Al Michaels.

Who knows what scrubs we'll get at MNF this year....hopefully something in the lines of Gumbell, Kornheiser, and Dennis Miller
Old 04-15-2008   #35
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Agreed, but keep in mind, it's the middle of the offseason, and with the exception of the upcoming draft, it's another 3 months of nothing before anything meaningful happens. The natives are restless. Still, if you can't be stupidly optimistic this time of year, when can you? I mean, c'mon, we're on the verge of getting the best player in the draft at the #18 spot, Matt Schaub is preparing to come back from the only injury-shortened season he'll ever have, and Charles Spencer will be healthy in '08, and prove to be the next Anthony Munoz.

Life's to short to spend it pissed off about things that 1.) You can't do anything about and 2.) Don't matter that much anyway.
ChampionTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #36
Dre
Rookie

Damn that schedule looks nasty...
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #37
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Life's to short to spend it pissed off about things that 1.) You can't do anything about and 2.) Don't matter that much anyway.
1)- Agreed, I can't do a dang thing about it.

2)- Don't matter is where I disagree. I want the best possible scenario for a team that I annually dump 3K a year into. I look at it as a investment to clear my head on the weekends and get away from reality, work, and other things. But when I see things I don't agree with...I think I've earned the right to kick/yell/and scream as much as I want to.
Old 04-15-2008   #38
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
MNF has lost all of it's senority to Sunday Night Football and the elite cast of John Madden and Al Michaels.

Who knows what scrubs we'll get at MNF this year....hopefully something in the lines of Gumbell, Kornheiser, and Dennis Miller
Yikes!
Old 04-15-2008   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Can I get some of what your smoking?
"Get out of here Dewey! You don't want any of this!"

"I kinda think I do"
Old 04-15-2008   #40
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Brutal schedule? This is our softest schedule to date imho. The Vikes, Pack, Lions, and Bears are ALL beatable. The Ravens, Bengals, and Browns are ALL beatable. That is 7 games right there that are very winnable. Add in Raiders and Dolphins and that is 9 very winnable games and all besides Kitna and Anderson are all against unproven and/or kinda scrubby QBs. Then we have the Steelers and our divisional schedule which are all tough. 9 very winnable games, 7 tough games 6 of which are in our division. I can't see how we could ask for more.

I think 10-6 could be a relatively easily attainable goal in 2008. We need to blitz the freaking QBs and put some fear into other teams this year. We are going to be playing some inexperienced QBs and Richard Smith better have something to throw at them besides uninspired troops and lame defensive schemes. I think this year is all about the defense. If Richard Smith continues to be a failure we could take a step back but I am going to try and be patient and hope RS can finally grow a pair and play aggressive.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read