Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-27-2005   #41
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can get a stud LT in the draft I would go for it. Barron is definitely a first round selection, although he isn't as polished as Gallery or even Gross. He won't be around in the 2nd round. I don't know if he's good enough to take at 13, but if Casserly can send the 2nd, a 4th, and one of the 3rds to San Diego for their 2nd 1st round pick it might be worth grabbing someone like Johnson and then Barron in the 1st round.

If that isn't possible I think the best thing the Texans can do is let the unit grow. The Texans haven't had the same line in any of the 3 years and they won't upgrade their line through FA unless they overpay.

The Texans aren't 1 player away from winning a Super Bowl. Build talent and get the best players through the draft. That's the winning formula in the NFL now.
Old 02-27-2005   #42
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

personally i think they are a few OL, and DL players away from beign superbowl contenders.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #43
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Just curious, what is Carr's salary cap # this year?
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #44
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Ummm...OK.

I can help a little. I believe his base salary for 05 is 5.5 mil, 3.1 mil signing bonus I believe. Is there any roster bonus this year anyone knows about? Or is 8.6 mil his TOTAL cap # this year?

Anyone?
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read