Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-11-2008   #61
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Contest: A new Titans ten year anniversary logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Just because we don't talk about it doesn't mean we don't know.

We're not as dumb as you think.
I think he was speaking more in terms of appreciation of the history, not just acknowledging it exists (I am sure your level of knowledge needs some work....and would get it if you actually cared). Appreciating it from the perspective of living through all the ups and downs of it.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #62
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well the person who was labled a genius by some of your fan base did not and if he is a genius I must be a freakin Einstein
Old 04-11-2008   #63
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Well the person who was labled a genius by some of your fan base did not and if he is a genius I must be a freakin Einstein
One post with one word has gotten allot of attention. Only one person labeled him a genius. Considering the attention it has received I am not sure "genius" is the word but defiantly able to stir up the herd with one picture. Some of you people act like you just walked in on KTown and you wife going at it.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Some of you people act like you just walked in on KTown and you wife going at it.
This is Texas son... There would be NO words.
Old 04-11-2008   #65
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titan fans have Bud Adams from the Oilers ... that's it . The Tacks never watched a game in the dome , never went to a pep rally after the AFC playoff championship , never watched Warren Moon , and never ever watched Earl run over people like a Titan fan at a buffett with one drumstick left .

All they have is what Bud says they have but they did'nt live it . Oh by the way y'all will probably operate way under the cap from now on ... Bud's pocketing the rest .
Old 04-11-2008   #66
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

pretty sure you are.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #67
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The Titan fans have Bud Adams from the Oilers ... that's it . The Tacks never watched a game in the dome , never went to a pep rally after the AFC playoff championship , never watched Warren Moon , and never ever watched Earl run over people like a Titan fan at a buffett with one drumstick left .

All they have is what Bud says they have but they did'nt live it . Oh by the way y'all will probably operate way under the cap from now on ... Bud's pocketing the rest .
I travelled halfway around the world to watch an Oilers game live in the Dome. You assume a lot dude.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #68
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Childress, we go waaaaaay back as posters.... For your own good, do not start this firestorm again...

You're better than that....
What gives Bill.

I haven't dropped in for a while & it truly is like a firestorm here. It's great that you guys are so passionate about Earl but I'm a little shocked at the amount of backlash that photo has caused.

BTW I also think this is great too.

I try to see the humour in things as you know Bill.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #69
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Why do these people think I do not know who Earl is? Sorry I didn't immediately recognize a player who retired the year I was born dressed like a tool standing in a field. Plus he looks a little different now. Know who he is and what he did? Yes. What the guy looks like out of uniform? Nope sorry I missed that one. No really the guy was a great player and I didn't make the photo to disrespect him. It was a joke. Settle down cows.
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #70
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
Why do these people think I do not know who Earl is? Sorry I didn't immediately recognize a player who retired the year I was born dressed like a tool standing in a field. Plus he looks a little different now. Know who he is and what he did? Yes. What the guy looks like out of uniform? Nope sorry I missed that one. No really the guy was a great player and I didn't make the photo to disrespect him. It was a joke. Settle down cows.
Shut up.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #71
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
pretty sure you are.

Not quite....

And nope, I never watched a game in the dome. I was in 3rd grade when the Oilers were playing in Memphis so I really had no desire to go to Houston and watch a game. Either way, saying that we don't know about Earl Campbell, George Blanda, Warren Moon, etc is laughable. Can I not like the Steel Curtain because I never saw them play in Three Rivers? Thats dumb rationale.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #72
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Shut up.

Well he has a point. It was a joke. We all praised Hervoyel for making that .gif that pokes fun at the Titans' fanbase. We're not hurt by it... why should you be hurt over that?

Its a message board and he was having a little fun, don't get so defensive.
Old 04-14-2008   #73
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not quite....

And nope, I never watched a game in the dome. I was in 3rd grade when the Oilers were playing in Memphis so I really had no desire to go to Houston and watch a game. Either way, saying that we don't know about Earl Campbell, George Blanda, Warren Moon, etc is laughable. Can I not like the Steel Curtain because I never saw them play in Three Rivers? Thats dumb rationale.
people in tennessee are generally slower than those that aren't in tennessee. Just simple truth. Inbreeding slows intelligence. To imply that people in Tennessee know or care about the history of their own football team is laughable. For exhibit A, see K-Town

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not quite....

Well, if you 'really' knew your team's history, you wouldn't have made a comparison like the one highlighted. See, the Steelers were one of our biggest rivalries. Having seen them play, I can still say I pretty much hate them.... That has nothing to do with how good they were, and are deserving of their respective HOF spots, but still... Hated!!!!
Old 04-14-2008   #75
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its a message board and he was having a little fun, don't get so defensive.
It's a HOUSTON message board, so don't be so offensive.
Old 04-15-2008   #76
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
people in tennessee are generally slower than those that aren't in tennessee. Just simple truth. Inbreeding slows intelligence. To imply that people in Tennessee know or care about the history of their own football team is laughable. For exhibit A, see K-Town
Care... not really. Know.... yes. I honestly don't care much about what the Oilers did or didn't do. I enjoy watching highlights of Earl run but thats really about it. I don't get too excited about Warren Moon.

And who cares if my brother is also my father.... its none of your business.
Old 04-15-2008   #77
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's a HOUSTON message board, so don't be so offensive.
I apologize for a fellow Titans fan jumping into a discussion. May God have mercy on his sole.

Old 04-15-2008   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
What gives Bill.

I haven't dropped in for a while & it truly is like a firestorm here. It's great that you guys are so passionate about Earl but I'm a little shocked at the amount of backlash that photo has caused.

BTW I also think this is great too.

I try to see the humour in things as you know Bill.
I knew that many of these posters don't really know how you post and that many of your posts are tongue-in-cheek, etc. I also knew that once you re-posted that picture the firestorm would be stoked again. I also knew you were an Oilers fan prior to the move to Tennessee, hence your name Childress (well that and the fact that Ray Childress was born in Tennessee).

In any event, Earl is off limits. The saying "Don't Mess with Texas" includes, but is not necessarily limited to, and in no specific order:
1. The Alamo
2. Earl
3. Nolan
4. Hakeem
5. etc.
6. etc.
Old 04-15-2008   #79
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well, if you 'really' knew your team's history, you wouldn't have made a comparison like the one highlighted. See, the Steelers were one of our biggest rivalries. Having seen them play, I can still say I pretty much hate them.... That has nothing to do with how good they were, and are deserving of their respective HOF spots, but still... Hated!!!!
???? I think your missing the point. Just because I wasn't a live to witness a team, or because they didn't follow them at the time, doesn't mean I don't "know" about them. I know too much about NFL history for my own good and most of it I never witnessed.
Old 04-15-2008   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
???? I think your missing the point. Just because I wasn't a live to witness a team, or because they didn't follow them at the time, doesn't mean I don't "know" about them. I know too much about NFL history for my own good and most of it I never witnessed.
Nope... I got your original point. I merely pointed out that using the Steelers as an analogy was a poor choice when talking about the Oilers history.

Your point would have been better served using say, Jim Brown or Walter Payton and the Bears, etc...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read