Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008   #141
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,279
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Warren Moon is in the top 10 of Pass Completions, PAssing TDs, Passing Yards, Passing Yards per game. Allot of major QB categories. To say he does not at least deserve a look is silly IMO.

9 time probowler ... including 8 in a row.
You also realize he still holds the record for most fumbles - right? Did you know that for his first three seasons with the Oilers, Moon threw more picks than TD's? Moon, had a lot of talent around him, including but not limited to a dominant O-line that included HOF'ers Mathews and Munchak. In the end, Moon did not make the Oilers better, because he was not a leader. Look at highlights of Moon on the sideline and such. He stayed to himself, he wasn't a motivator in the huddle. Oilers fans blame the defense (Steve Jackson) for the collapse in Buffalo, but IIRC, Moon only led the Oilers to 3 points in the second half.. I don't think you will find to much hate towards Moon, but by the same token, he's is NO Earl...

In 1978, Earl was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player, All-Pro, and Rookie of the Year. (When have you heard of a Rookie of the Year also being named the NFL's MVP?). He won the league rushing championship with 1,450 yards and was named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad. He won the rushing title his first three seasons in the league. Earl did NOT have the talent on his teams, but willed his teams to be better. He led a way less talented team, with example of will and determination.

There was a reason that Moon was booed his first couple of seasons here (and again later I can recall a smattering of boos). Earl was never booed. Earl is honored.

Arrow, I guess I don't expect you to get it being in the Bay Area, but Earl is legendary in these parts. Moon? Appreciated sure, but legendary?? Not so much!

What's more? Earl is about the only person that could bring 'Sips and Aggies together.



__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #142
Old School
Site Contributor
 
Old School's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Floatin on a boat
Age: 47
Posts: 700
Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Give them a break. The ice is just now leaving the lakes up there.

Minnesootans have no understanding of the pride we take in being Texans. So it's not surprising when you hear remarks like that.

And for those who never saw Earl play that are trying to make a case for Moon as the best player to wear Oiler Blue, please stop already because it really is a futile and ridiculous argument. Moon's the silver medalist - threw a beautiful ball, piled up stats and was without doubt the best QB I've seen play in this City, but the gold belongs to Earl.

It's not all about stats in this case. It's because of Earl's grit and strength, his humility and upbringing, his leadership by example, his aura and persona, his production, his power and speed, it's about how he was feared by his opponents and how he would drive his head through their chests, it was about him leaving everything on the field - every week, it was about the emotion you felt when they put the ball in his hands, it was how he represented this City and State in a way that made us proud every time he stepped on the field as a football player and a man.

It's Earl Freaking Campbell for gods sake...
REP!!! Yeah!! What he said!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #143
GuerillaBlack
Money!
 
GuerillaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montrose
Age: 23
Posts: 9,106
Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You also realize he still holds the record for most fumbles - right? Did you know that for his first three seasons with the Oilers, Moon threw more picks than TD's? Moon, had a lot of talent around him, including but not limited to a dominant O-line that included HOF'ers Mathews and Munchak. In the end, Moon did not make the Oilers better, because he was not a leader. Look at highlights of Moon on the sideline and such. He stayed to himself, he wasn't a motivator in the huddle. Oilers fans blame the defense (Steve Jackson) for the collapse in Buffalo, but IIRC, Moon only led the Oilers to 3 points in the second half.. I don't think you will find to much hate towards Moon, but by the same token, he's is NO Earl...

In 1978, Earl was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player, All-Pro, and Rookie of the Year. (When have you heard of a Rookie of the Year also being named the NFL's MVP?). He won the league rushing championship with 1,450 yards and was named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad. He won the rushing title his first three seasons in the league. Earl did NOT have the talent on his teams, but willed his teams to be better. He led a way less talented team, with example of will and determination.

There was a reason that Moon was booed his first couple of seasons here (and again later I can recall a smattering of boos). Earl was never booed. Earl is honored.

Arrow, I guess I don't expect you to get it being in the Bay Area, but Earl is legendary in these parts. Moon? Appreciated sure, but legendary?? Not so much!

What's more? Earl is about the only person that could bring 'Sips and Aggies together.



GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #144
Bubbajwp
All Flopper
 
Bubbajwp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In the Warehouse
Age: 27
Posts: 3,213
Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

LOL enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkM4yRymz1w
__________________
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #145
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 30,946
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
While I can see that argument but "undoubtedly is a stretch. Moon was not a bad player himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Though I agree earl has a great career I just enjoyed watching Moon play more then Earl. I am a little bias because I grew up watching Moon and did not see as much of Earls play accept on highlights.
So you speak like you have authority, but then admit your own ignorance.

I'm not going to dog Warren Moon. He's a HoF QB, and rightfully so.

But he was never anything close to the dominance that Earl displayed in his prime.

That you would even try to diminish Earl's career, and at the same time purport to be a Titans fan, only reveals the main reason why Dud should have just retired the Oilers franchise records instead of trying to act like they are part of the Titans. You people neither experienced, nor appreciate, the history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Moon is the reason I like the Oilers ...
There you go. At least you can be honest and admit your bias.

Just pay your due respect to Earl as a Titans fan and shut your yap about him. You only dig your hole of ignorance deeper with every incident of spewage about a subject that you admittedly know nothing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN
In some breeds female bovine can have horns. sorry.
Alrighty, Old McDonald.

But it does not change the fact that the logo is a bull.

At least our logo conveys something. What is the blazing anus logo of the Titans supposed to mean? It looks like it's a big zero going down in flames....or a meatball...or whatever jacked up crap you want to make up for it.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,279
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
At least our logo conveys something. What is the blazing anus logo of the Titans supposed to mean? It looks like it's a big zero going down in flames....or a meatball...or whatever jacked up crap you want to make up for it.
'blazing anus'..... bwaahaaahaaaa!!!!
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #147
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack
 
WesmanTexanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Braeswood area
Age: 27
Posts: 4,986
Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Someone tell KTOWN he's got OUR logo under his name....
__________________
new sig? Hakeem can stay

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #148
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
So you speak like you have authority, but then admit your own ignorance.

I'm not going to dog Warren Moon. He's a HoF QB, and rightfully so.



But he was never anything close to the dominance that Earl displayed in his prime.


You say that but still do not think anyone would give him a vote if it came down to it?

Quote:
That you would even try to diminish Earl's career, and at the same time purport to be a Titans fan, only reveals the main reason why Dud should have just retired the Oilers franchise records instead of trying to act like they are part of the Titans. You people neither experienced, nor appreciate, the history.
How did I diminish his career? The thing around these parts is you assume because someone does not 100% agree with you they are dogging your point. What I did say was I can see your point but .... see this is where reading comprehension comes in clown barrel. That shows acknowledgment of your point but disagrees with the suvarity of your point. Taking a stand that one player IMO is able to compete with another player as the best ever to play for the team does not dimish anyone.


Quote:
There you go. At least you can be honest and admit your bias.
At least I can admit my bias instead of spewing this dribble and trying to put words in my mouth to make your point have any validity.

Quote:
Just pay your due respect to Earl as a Titans fan and shut your yap about him. You only dig your hole of ignorance deeper with every incident of spewage about a subject that you admittedly know nothing about.
Ok now my age creates ignorance? Really sad if you believe that. So I assume you are in your 40s then? That would really be the only way you could have seen campbell play in his prime. If so my hat is off to you but I did follow the last 12 seasons of the Oilers and was a die hard fan. Don't diminish me for not being old. It was still my team. Just because my opinion on a player varies from yours does not mean I do not know my teams history. Earl was a great player so was Moon "undoubtedly" is a strong word. Again my point that I have made many time and clearly written out. Oh I know you might understand this:

Moooo
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 04-08-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #149
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 30,946
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Anus
see this is where reading comprehension comes in clown barrel.
Is this all you've got? What happened to "attack the post, not the poster"?

Get back on your meds. I expect better from you. Hypocrisy is more than just a word in the dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
yada yada yada yap yap yap bow wow spew spew spew

Ok now my age creates ignorance? Really sad if you believe that. So I assume you are in your 40s then? That would really be the only way you could have seen campbell play in his prime. If so my hat is off to you but I did follow the last 12 seasons of the Oilers and was a die hard fan. Don't diminish me for not being old. It was still my team. Just because my opinion on a player varies from yours does not mean I do not know my teams history. Earl was a great player so was Moon "undoubtedly" is a strong word. Again my point that I have made many time and clearly written out.
yeah, I saw Earl play in person several times. Same with Warren Moon.

Your point is idiotic, at best. I did not see the Oilers in the 1960's, as this 'was before my time'. However, that being said, I was still well versed in the history of that era because it was my team.

And this is one of the many differences between you and I, which we have covered before. I educate myself about history, and comprehend the past as it relates to the present. If Houston had stolen a team like Tennessee did, I would immediately embrace the hometown team and learn it's history. And I surely wouldn't spew horse crap from the pie hole about HoF players that I know nothing about.

Funny how you rush to defend your own ignorance. The enlightened man admits his shortcomings and acknowledges the things he does not know.

There goes the doofus, and there was the troll...ahhh, but I repeat myself.

If you want to talk football, fine. But to spew your garbage only lowers yourself to that of KCLOWN, which might be the company you prefer to keep when you rush to defend his lame statements. Birds of a feather. Whatever floats your boat.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #150
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, I saw Earl play in person several times. Same with Warren Moon.

Your point is idiotic, at best. I did not see the Oilers in the 1960's, as this 'was before my time'. However, that being said, I was still well versed in the history of that era because it was my team.
So you base your opinion on what other people say ... because you admittedly were not their for the history. Ok???

I guess I apologize for not being as old as you ... ?

Quote:
And this is one of the many differences between you and I, which we have covered before. I educate myself about history, and comprehend the past as it relates to the present. If Houston had stolen a team like Tennessee did, I would immediately embrace the hometown team and learn it's history. And I surely wouldn't spew horse crap from the pie hole about HoF players that I know nothing about.
Again something you read in a book. Sorry I am not such a football geek that I waist my time flying back and forth to Texas to "embrace the culture". Are you a travel brochure or what?

Again you avoid the point of the post ... you have a skill Sr. I commend you!

If you have nothing to back up what you said and are just barking at Bill's post then just admit it. Don't parrot with no argument stated.

Quote:
Your point is idiotic, at best.
Funny because other posters have agreed with me or at least in part. I guess your island must make you very proud. Never get rejected by the masses out their ... special ...

BTW you called me ignorant to start. I can return in kind if ... don't try to push me and think I am going to back into a corner. Not really my style.
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #151
Brando
Site Contributor
 
Brando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,573
Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Bud Adams first choice was to move the Oilers to(of all places, now a division rival) Jacksonville. How does it feel to be 2nd fiddle?
__________________

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #152
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 30,946
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
So you base your opinion on what other people say ... because you admittedly were not their for the history. Ok???
The concept of historical records is a lost art you with. (and here you were bragging about your superior education)

The point is that you do not root for hometown teams. You are a bandwaggoner and a troll. Nice profile you have create for yourself. Please excuse me if I lack any respect for your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Again you avoid the point of the post ...
When I see you actually make a point beyond your redundant trolling efforts, perhaps I will take the time to reply to it. Until then, I will continue to flush your comments like I would any other crap.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger