Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2005   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Scott Fujita (OLB): Would he be worth a 5th round pick?

SCOTT FUJITA

He's a restricted FA with Kansas City. He's 6'5" 250lbs. & is only 26 y/o. He's been in the league for 3 years & had 111 TT's/4 sacks & 90 TT's/4.5 sacks in the last 2 years, respectively.

If the Texans really do go through with trading Sharper, would Fujita be a solid replacement? I doubt you'd be able to find that kind of immediate production with a 5th round pick.

The Chiefs have the cap space to match most offers, but would they be willing to swallow the poison pill, if we front loaded the contract? Would you pursue him?
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

he could be worth pursuing yah.. those are nice numbers.. and his age is right. I cant say I know much about him though.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I've seen him play some, and he's a very good player. That being said I'm not sure the Chiefs would be willing to let him go. They were interested in Trotter, but he has since re-signed with the Eagles to a 5 year deal. They've played host to almost every star defensive free agent this season (Law, Hartwell, Bell, Rolle, etc...), and I'm sure they're not willing to let Fujita go without a fight. He is an interesting player though.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #4
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

There's no way Kansas City lets the guy go. He's easily their best LB and he definetly wont be asking for anything huge.

To the question...is he worth it? No doubt, I'd give up a 3rd for him.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

With Sunday Ticket...u find out about the underrated players...

Fujita is a very underrated OLB...He gets a lil run with him and Barber being the only playmakers on that defense. He's a pretty good OLB, right size and every thing. If there was a strong point to the Chiefs poor defense...it was the Linebackers. Remember people, the Chiefs were stuffing the run for a 4 or 5 week span, that was because of the linebackers, because that Chiefs d-line was average at best in 2004.
Old 03-05-2005   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
There's no way Kansas City lets the guy go. He's easily their best LB and he definetly wont be asking for anything huge.

To the question...is he worth it? No doubt, I'd give up a 3rd for him.
You wouldn't have to give up a 3rd. He's a restricted player & would only cost us a 5th round pick. The only question is, how much money would it take to keep KC from matching it & would that be too much to pay him?
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
You wouldn't have to give up a 3rd. He's a restricted player & would only cost us a 5th round pick. The only question is, how much money would it take to keep KC from matching it & would that be too much to pay him?
I know the RFA system, im just saying he's worth a 3rd to me
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2005   #8
Keldar
Veteran

Yeah, I'd grab him for a 5th and the right price. I seem to remember him having an injury problem last year.....not sure though.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

May have been just some lingering injuries...cuz he hasnt missed a game in his NFL career (3 yrs - 48 games)
Old 03-05-2005   #10
Gilly
Rookie

hell yeah I would trade a fifth round pick for him.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #11
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted the Texans to draft Scott when he came out, but I definitely settle for him now that he's developed/matured!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read