Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2005   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Do yall think there is a TE out there worthy of the number 13 pick?
I dont think so. But that is my opinion.

I think we could get someone like Kevin Everett with a 3rd round pick.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #22
wiley2002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I don't know how we could work on our D line, we just re-signed Payne today, pretty much solidifying Walker, Payne, and Smith as our starting D line unless Walker or Smith was released which I doubt will happen, there is a lot of money tied up in our D line after today...unless you want to use the 13th pick to add depth to the d line... :woot
Forgot about resigning Payne. I'm still trying to take in the fact we picked up Greenwood. I'll admit it. I think you just single handedly talked me out of the drafting a DL with #13. I still want someone like David Baas or Barron for our o-line.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #23
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to use the 13th pick to add depth to the line.

why? cause Walker and Payne are old an injury riddled. We need an ace up the sleeve. Getting a talented Dlineman to bring and and give limited playing time. it would take some of the wear and tear off our old vets.. and prepare us for when they leave.

Our needs on the line can be addressed in the 3rd and 4th round.

but then..so could our needs on the Dline be addressed in the 2nd and 3rd.

Maybe we should grab a CB in the first.. and DL and OL in the 2nd - 5th.

something like this

1(#13). Justin Miller (CB) (dunta-like CB)
2(#47). Louis Castillo (DT) (big run stuffer)
3(#73). Eric Shelton (RB) (power running, durable RB)
3b(#78). Jason Brown (OC) (very strong center)
4(#108). Rob Petitti (OT) (OT that made a name for himself by shutting down d. freeney)
5(#142). Boomer Grigsby (LB) (sleeper ILB)
6(#173). Sione Pouha (DT) (old for a rookie.. but talented)
7.(#204). Gerald Sensabaugh (S) (eh.. he looked like a good value)
7b(#206). Steve Fleming (TE) (you could replace this guy with someone else.. i dont care.. i just picked a TE)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The best part of signing Payne and Greenwood is we have no gaping starting holes going into the draft on Defense....frankly, the only gaping hole on the roster is Bradford's spot, assuming Joppru plays.

The only real issues are DL depth, bringing in an O-lineman from the draft, and a WR2.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #25
SwampHound
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I would take Barron.
I agree, the biggest need we have is on the O-line and Barron is the best out their. No need to overpay for a FA O-lineman (aka Fred Miller) when we can pick up a player like Barron. As far as TE, we may need one but there is no TE in this draft worthy of risking a 1st pick on.
SwampHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #26
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Having AG right now should not stop us from getting an impact CB if they rate him similar to Dunta

I am so sick of seeing THAT name that he is the one player I hope we DO NOT draft. Not to mention I think he's overrated as a S.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #27
Alex
Rookie

Personally I hope that the Texans will pursue a good #2 WR like Travis Taylor, Ike Hilliard, Kevin Johnson, Cedric Wilson or Tai Streets. If the Texans can't sign one of them they should resign Corey Bradford for one year and draft Roscoe Parrish or Chris Henry in second round.

And for the O-Line I expect that the Texans will draft Alex Barron who will become a real franchise OT in the NFL (his footwork is so amazing). Maybe the arrival of a o-lineman like Cooper Carlisle, Kendrick Vincent (great starter), Bennie Anderson or Adrian Klemm can help but I think that the Texans O-Lineman (Wade, McKinney, Washington, Pitts, Weary, Wiegert, Brown, Jones, Beasley, Wand) and Alex Barron can make the job.

Also, an additional d-lineman (ex: Kendrick Clancy, Brandon Mitchell, James Reed) to take the place of Jerry DeLoach should be sign. But I don't know why everybody want another tight end. I think that the trio of Miller, Bruener and Joppru did a great job last year.

Finally I have a question:

Do you think Tony Banks will resign with the team ?

If the answer is no, do you think that Dave Ragone is ready to be the backup QB or the Texans must sign another veteran to do the job ?
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a no brainer take the BPA . If your going to add depth it might as well young and talented .

If I hear Thomas Davis again I'm going burn my sons Georgia shirt .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #29
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

trade down and get browner, with only 2 years of playing in Oregon St. he needs to have Aaron teach him a thing or 2. then moves to dunta's spot when Glenn Retires and dunta move to glenn's spot. it would work good if glenn retires after 05 season, but he still has 2-3 years on his contract. but I don't think the texans will draft a O-line man in the 1st round
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #30
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I really hope we have one of the three WR's on the board with the 13th pick. I think that should be our priority. We can shore up DL and OL with 2 of our other 3 first day picks.

I'd like some continuity on the O-line for a year. I think if we keep the same 5 lineman in the same spots for a year, then we will see marked improvement. Don't get me wrong, I still want us to draft O-line in the high to mid rounds (2nd-4th rounds) but not with our #1 pick.

I also think if we can get a #2 WR and a healthy Joppru, then Carr won't have to hold onto the ball as long (someone is actually open!). This will have an indirect impact on the O-line play.

I will be really surprised if we don't take a WR with one of our first two picks (unless we sign a decent veteran one).
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #31
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'm in the minority. I don't see a WR as a need. I think Armstrong and Gaffney alongside Andre Johnson is quite good. Now, depending on the development of Sloan Thomas and Starling, depth may be an issue. However, I certainly don't see a hole that needs filled near the top.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read