Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2008   #101
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Center John Wade and Safety Chris Crocker to Visit

same but with a snippet

Quote:
Chris Crocker-DB- Falcons Mar. 6 - 1:29 pm et

The Steelers hosted free agent safety Chris Crocker Thursday.

Crocker can hit, but gave up a lot of big plays in Atlanta. He has been a starter in Atlanta and Cleveland the last three years. Crocker has been offered a contract by the Texans.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Related: Texans, Steelers
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #102
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the thought that Crocker would visit Houston helped Demps to sign. I'd like both on roster. Didn't I see that Glenn Earl had been tendered?
Old 03-06-2008   #103
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Didn't I see that Glenn Earl had been tendered?
I believe Earl is an unrestricted free agent, therefore not eligible for a tender.
Old 03-06-2008   #104
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe the thought that Crocker would visit Houston helped Demps to sign. I'd like both on roster. Didn't I see that Glenn Earl had been tendered?
I think that the Texans are interested in Crocker because he could provide depth at both safety spots.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #105
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Crocker update:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Quote:
Free agent S Chris Crocker, who met with the Steelers Thursday, also has visits scheduled with the Titans and Broncos.

"Let's hope I don't have to make those trips," Crocker said. He apparently wants to play in Pittsburgh or Houston. The Texans have an offer on the table.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #106
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Free agent S Chris Crocker, who met with the Steelers Thursday, also has visits scheduled with the Titans and Broncos.

"Let's hope I don't have to make those trips," Crocker said. He apparently wants to play in Pittsburgh or Houston. The Texans have an offer on the table.
That doesn't sound good for his prospects of coming to Houston... I mean, to me that sounds like all Pittsburgh has to do is offer more money. Not that losing out on him is a huge deal - I just think he'd add valuable depth. I guess we start going after Glenn Earl a little more aggressively if Crocker doesn't work out? I like Earl more anyway - I'm just concerned about him coming back from that injury.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #107
marroncito
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
That doesn't sound good for his prospects of coming to Houston... I mean, to me that sounds like all Pittsburgh has to do is offer more money. Not that losing out on him is a huge deal - I just think he'd add valuable depth. I guess we start going after Glenn Earl a little more aggressively if Crocker doesn't work out? I like Earl more anyway - I'm just concerned about him coming back from that injury.
If the only spots he's considering are Pittsburgh & Houston, we should be able to give him the better deal. Pittsburgh is up against the cap and they just re-upped Rothlisberger to a big money deal.
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #108
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroncito View Post
If the only spots he's considering are Pittsburgh & Houston, we should be able to give him the better deal. Pittsburgh is up against the cap and they just re-upped Rothlisberger to a big money deal.
Except playing next to Troy Polamalu can be a little more exciting than playing next to CC Brown.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #109
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wanted to bump this as a reminder..I can not find out if Crocker has signed and if Texans are still interested?
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_555861.htmlAny info out there? Thanks
Old 03-29-2008   #110
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Wanted to bump this as a reminder..I can not find out if Crocker has signed and if Texans are still interested?
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_555861.htmlAny info out there? Thanks
According to RotoWorld.com, and NFL Network Chris Crocker signed with the Dolphins Friday.

Quote:
Dolphins signed S Chris Crocker to a one-year, $1.15 million contract. NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the deal includes $300,000 guaranteed.

Crocker adds competition for Yeremiah Bell and Keith Davis at strong safety. He could also see some action on the free side if Jason Allen fails to impress in training camp. Ideally, Allen will be the Week 1 starter and establish himself as something of a building block in the secondary.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2590

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read