Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-02-2005   #41
THEFUTURE
All Pro

All three backs we already have are solid backs, Hollings still has some room for improvement, and wells put up good numbers last year... and i love DD, he is a 1600 yard rushing- 500+ receiving yard back... im totally satisfied with our backs
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #42
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Have we signed this guy? I hear that it was a possibility, but nothing saying we have? Anyone have any concrete information on this?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #43
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I would like to have Wheatly over Wells. I am not sure about Dayne. I geuss we have to trust the Texans to make the right decision.
Old 03-03-2005   #44
DChamp
Rookie

Hey guys I'm new here hope yall don't mind if I weight in.

I'm and LSU fan so DD is the reason I started watching Texans(if yall draft Spears I'll really be watching ) I also needed an AFC team to root for. I've been lurking here for awhile and had to read all the DD critics and I just have to speak up.

DD isn't your problem it's your O-line it stinks! Hell it's not just DD they are getting Carr killed as well. DD and Carr aren't your problems yall need to fix that awful O-line.

Besides being a LSU fan I'm also a Saints fan, I don't think anybody here would agrue that Deuce McAllister is a good back, well he gets injured too he's a running back it happens. Look at his numbers from last year they were down due to injury but most of us reconiginze the main problem is the Saints O-line stinks! I just don't see how yall don't recognize this very same problem with your team.

Without a good O-line of course DD isn't going to put up eye popping numbers . Give him a good O-line and let's see what he can do then. Even with the bad O-line look at DDs numbers comparied to the rest of the league spically the NFC they aren't bad numbers at all. He's also one of the best pass catching running backs in the leauge.

I Cedric Faison from Florida would be a good fit for the Texans if yall can pick him up in the 3rd or 4th like yall did with DD.

Peace out guys!
DChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #45
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
DD
Hollings
Wells

Those will be our RBs. We wont be drafting any RB come draftday also..
Hollings has never proved anything for this team. The potential is there but no dice yet so I wouldn't be penciling him in the lineup yet.

But I sure don't think Ron Dayne is the answer.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #46
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Hollings has never proved anything for this team. The potential is there but no dice yet so I wouldn't be penciling him in the lineup yet.

But I sure don't think Ron Dayne is the answer.
I agree but I wouldn't cut him just yet. I'd give him one more season. No actually I'd give until week 3. That's how much Hollings is on the bubble. One more season like last one and he's on the next plane outta here.

I also agree on not signing Dayne. We already have a power back in Wells and DD is some what of a shifty-power back as well. Hollings is our only true burner, yet the kid won't stay out of the training room with his buddy...I think he has a 91 on his jersey...can't quite recall...haven't seen much on the field either!
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #47
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Dayne thing was just a rumor. Casserly denied anything with it. Might have been that someone missunderstood that we were close to a deal with Payne and thought they said Dayne.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #48
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Dayne is trash, pure and simple. He absolutely sucks. If you guys sign him don't delude yourself into thinking he's good because he's a texan now. If the Jags signed him (for example) I'd puke if it was anything more than a minimum salary, training camp fodder contract.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #49
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I think the Dayne thing was just a rumor. Casserly denied anything with it. Might have been that someone missunderstood that we were close to a deal with Payne and thought they said Dayne.
That is highly possible since Payne flew in from New York to sign the deal.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read