Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2008   #41
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 1st round trade Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If you remember each of the last two drafts the Texans supposedly had potential trades in their pockets. In 2006, it was the Texans trading up with Chicago if our guy rumored to be DeAngelo williams was there. I think Chicago got a better deal from the Panthers in the end.2007's version was something with Denver moving up if we did not like what was there and Denver's guy was still on the board.I am pretty sure teams do this all the time and with the draft shorten the clock to 10 minutes bewteen picks that this will occur more. Still like the rest of you I have no idea of how good Hilton's sources are.
that's a really good point about the shortened rounds. Maybe it will increase the amount of pre-draft day trades as no team would wnt to make a draft day mistake while operating in a 10 minute time period.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This is what he replied to your post on chron.com. Sounds like he's crawfishin now.
I am having problems between my friends and my good friends. They are in conflict so I have decided to hang out with you guys until this trade gets done. You may all be bums but your my kind of bums. Signed your good friend.

Last edited by badboy; 03-19-2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: My post did not capture Hilton's response.Read it.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #43
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This gets me thinking.

Steelers | Team to meet with Talib
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:15:36 -0700

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers will meet with University of Kansas QB Aqib Talib Wednesday, March 19.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Steelers have to know we want a DB. If the Steelers see that we are a threat to a DB they like of course they would want to switch spots with us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #44
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Is it so hard to believe that the Texans might have been the front runners for a top FA running back at the start of free agency, or that The Texans and Steelers are talking about a trade. I doubt that he is making this stuff up off the top of his head, but I don't really care. Do we have to wait until The Chron reports it before we talk about it? Half of the sports media in the world had us 100% taking Bush. They should all turn in their press passes!
For the first bolded statement, yes it's that hard to believe. It's never been The Smithiak's philosophy to sign a big splash, top shelf free agent, and there was nothing to indicate that would change this time around.

For the second bolded statement, have you even read my posts on this thread or on TH's blog? I'm not looking for Woodward & Bernstein to triple-authenticate what's being said. All I was asking is that if he says there are a number of sites reporting the same news, then just post ONE LINK to ONE of them!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #45
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
For the first bolded statement, yes it's that hard to believe. It's never been The Smithiak's philosophy to sign a big splash, top shelf free agent, and there was nothing to indicate that would change this time around.

LOL...

You're acting like Smith and Kubes have been at it for YEARS....
Old 03-19-2008   #46
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Yeah dudes flaky. There's no grounds for his postings most of the time. You gotta question i suggest email John McClain. He's the real deal
I hope youre kidding. Anytime I see people disagree with him, he makes fun of their mom. Journalism at its finest.
Old 03-19-2008   #47
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
This gets me thinking.

Steelers | Team to meet with Talib
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:15:36 -0700

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers will meet with University of Kansas QB Aqib Talib Wednesday, March 19.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Steelers have to know we want a DB. If the Steelers see that we are a threat to a DB they like of course they would want to switch spots with us.
Either way the trade wont happen until the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #48
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Either way the trade wont happen until the draft.
Truth. Unless a totally ridiculous offer comes along, no reason to ever do something like this before draft day. I'm sure Houston wants to see if a guy like Chris Williams would somehow fall to them.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read