Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2008   #41
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is everyone so ready to drop Dayne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
When Chris was in Denver Dayne was a running back. I was pretty upset myself when he left. I really thought he was a bruiser back. He is a tough guy to bring down and he gives his body up for yardage when he needs to. Not always smart to do that but I really hate seeing backs get paid big money and run out of bounds. Dayne drives into people and takes them out.
I feel the same way about his time here and think he deserves a shot in camp to say the least.
Old 03-19-2008   #42
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 115739 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ron Dayne??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
No. I don't want Dayne under any circumstance. I hate to sound like a broken record about my stance on Dayne, but he lacks vision for the cut-back, he's unable to get to the outside on wide stretch plays or pitches and he doesn't run through tackles like a 250+ lb RB should.

I've watched a few of this past season's games numerous times (lol) and there were way too many yards left on the field on his runs.

Just wanted to reiterate my thoughts on Dayne.
Old 03-19-2008   #43
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Really???? Even on crutches?
Granted, the only back on our roster who doesn't have some major injury history to my knowledge is Walker. Hopefully between the 4 of them we can put together a healthy season. Hell, they might be able to keep up with Dayne on crutches anyways.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #44
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
When Chris was in Denver Dayne was a running back. I was pretty upset myself when he left. I really thought he was a bruiser back. He is a tough guy to bring down and he gives his body up for yardage when he needs to. Not always smart to do that but I really hate seeing backs get paid big money and run out of bounds. Dayne drives into people and takes them out.
He might be tough to bring down, but he doesn't break a whole lot of tackles. He is a big guy, but once contact is initiated he's usually down right there or he might fall forward and get a yard. He won't lose you many yards, but unless the other teams defense is poor against the run, then he's not getting more than 50 - 70 yards even on 20+ carries.

I don't mind seeing him run the ball occasionally, but he's taken pretty much the full load for the second half of the last 2 seasons. That pretty much means our running game is in shambles.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read