Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-28-2005   #21
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
on a similar note...houstonprofootball.com is announcing that d. polk was resigned today to a 1 year vet. minimum contract
Great news. That's another player off my list.

That just leaves ...

Jerry Deloach DL
Moran Norris FB
Seth Payne NT

... on my list
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #22
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Great news. That's another player off my list.

That just leaves ...

Jerry Deloach DL
Moran Norris FB
Seth Payne NT

... on my list
good news. I'd like for sure to get Norris back.. and if the price is right Payne.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Great news! Faggins is a great nb and backup cb. He might crack the #2 cb spot someday.
Just an FYI--in the nickle package, Dunta plays nickle and Faggins plays RCB.
Old 02-28-2005   #24
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Just an FYI--in the nickle package, Dunta plays nickle and Faggins plays RCB.
Thats not a 100% of the time though is it? I thought it was only in certain situations or... you know... when Dom throws one his zone blitzes as the offense.
Old 02-28-2005   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Thats not a 100% of the time though is it? I thought it was only in certain situations or... you know... when Dom throws one his zone blitzes as the offense.
I certainly wouldn't swear to 100% of the time, but that is the default substitution that is generally used.
Old 02-28-2005   #26
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I think Faggins could be a starter eventually. Maybe not this year.. maybe not next year.. maybe not for 3 or 4 years.. but he seems to have good instincts. The only place he is lacking is in the physical gifts department, but that can be made up for with good instincts and a strong understanding of his position and how to play it.

I like him.. I want to see him stay as a Texan for his career.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #27
Negative Jesus
Rookie

Good job on the Texans part. Faggins is in line to take over for Aaron Glenn and should make for a great duo with Dunta. In the meantime, they keep one of the best nickelbacks in the league.

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #28
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The money part is out...he landed a good contract:

Quote:
Texans | Faggins Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:01:34 -0800

Associated Press reports the Houston Texans have re-signed CB DeMarcus Faggins to a four-year deal worth about $6 million, which includes a $500,000 signing bonus.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #29
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for Faggins, and good for Houston. It was fun to see a guy get a shot and make the most of it, and he got paid for a solid contribution.

Now, as for the REST of the free agents, glad to see Ioane back on board for minimal money, but I pray we don't reach to sign Payne. As has been said elsewhere, Houston can't afford to sign two Gary Walkers at the same time--both are damaged, aging linemen with big cap numbers. I say that even as a Payne fan...you can't question his heart or character, but you definitely can question paying him huge dollars when he was so hobbled last year.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #30
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

We'll see how Faggins does, he does not have good speed. He ran above 4.5 at the combine or w/e. His tackling is questionable, but he seems to play smart, and that counts more than anything.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins ran a 4.54 40-yard dash at 178 pounds at the combine and he already has demonstrated solid cornerback play (why he got such a good contract for a 6th round pick). His quickness is what was most impressive. best combine stats per PFW
Quote:
Kansas’ Demarcus Faggins ran the 20-yard pro shuttle in 3.92 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.64 seconds, demonstrating excellent change of direction

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #32
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

I'm really happy to see this guy coming back. He really became one of my favorties as the season progressed. I agree that he could one day take over for Glenn. He has showed tones of improvment and will only continue to get better.

As for the nickel, I know he played RCB for Duante at the beginning of the season when Duante was taking baby-steps but as time progressed and Duante proved his worth I think Faggins when back to playing nickel. I know when Capers sent D-Rob on a blitz he was lined up at nickel.
Old 03-01-2005   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta played the nickel the entire year for the most part, just like Coleman played it the year before. Capers likes to have a more physical corner at nickel so that they can be used to blitz more often.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read