Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2008   #1
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default 2008 DB's

This just crossed my mind while posting in another thread....

CB1: Fred Bennett
CB2: Jacques Reeves
FS: Boulware
SS: CC Brown

Thank God they only play Peyton, Garrard, and Vince Young with Alge Crumpler twice a year!!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: 20008 DB's

Twenty thousand and eight DBs is a lot of DBs.
Old 03-03-2008   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
This just crossed my mind while posting in another thread....

Thank God they only play Peyton, Garrard, and Vince Young with Alge Crumpler twice a year!!

Didn't want to worry you some much but I will be dead and gone in 20008. Take a look at your title.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Twenty thousand and eight DBs is a lot of DBs.
Sad thing is Peyton would still be successful!

1st round Corner.

Best case scenario is that Dunta comes back after next season 100%, Reeves fits into the system perfectly, and Bennett continues to improve. We have a 1st round CB playing, getting experience this season and hopefully would be our #1 CB or if the right guy possibly transition to Safety.

That's the best case scenario and it would look great to me. Chances are not all of those are going to pan out, which leads me to thinking we need to keep working on the secondary. I'm all for CB in the 1st.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
I don't think you have to worry about Boulware playing at FS. I'd be willing to bank on them finding additional safety help (either through FA, draft, or existing talent that was injured) prior to the season starting.

Also, everything I read seems to indicate that we should expect additional CB help.

This is still an incomplete work - we've got some time yet before we have to line up against Jughead (thank God!)
Old 03-03-2008   #6
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Glenn Earl? What about Brandon Harrison? Could be a FS in the draft. Maybe we resurrect the husks of Jammal Lord and Vontez Duff...

I think if we're going to go with what you have posted, Boulware will be SS and Brown will be FS, though.
Old 03-03-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really hoping Brandon Harrison develops into a starting safety for us, I think he's got a lot of potential for us.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2008   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm really hoping Brandon Harrison develops into a starting safety for us, I think he's got a lot of potential for us.
it would be a step in the right direction
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 DB's

What the heck?

Boulware is barely a SS, what makes you think he'd be put at FS? :elle:

Since we didn't make any move towards FS this off-season(as if there was a strong class this year), I totally expect us to draft a FS. Or the very least have Harrison take over, but Boulware would be the last person playing FS.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read