Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2008   #81
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: Texans talking to Michael Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
2004 - San Diego Chargers
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 1 Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 35 Igor Olshansky DE Oregon
3 65 Nate Kaeding K Iowa
3 66 Nick Hardwick C Purdue
4 98 Shaun Phillips LB Purdue
5 133 Dave Ball DE UCLA
5 154 Michael Turner RB Northern Illinois
6 169 Ryan Krause TE Nebraska-Omaha
7 204 Ryon Bingham DT Nebraska
7 209 Shane Olivea T Ohio State
7 254 Carlos Joseph -- Miami (Fla.)

Who would have thought a little 5th round pick would be so valuable .
After so many great players coming from sheer obscurity, what round rarely matters anymore, 1st pick or FA you're still a rookie.

Best example would be brady as a 6th pick. Last time i checked he was pretty good.
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #82
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
After so many great players coming from sheer obscurity, what round rarely matters anymore, 1st pick or FA you're still a rookie.

Best example would be brady as a 6th pick. Last time i checked he was pretty good.
My point is he's just the flavor of the month . Who knows what's going to happen when he becomes the man .

I would rather build through the draft and get depth through FA . Then when we're one player away we can cherry pick .
Old 03-01-2008   #83
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
My point is he's just the flavor of the month . Who knows what's going to happen when he becomes the man .

I would rather build through the draft and get depth through FA . Then when we're one player away we can cherry pick .
I gotcha. Smith said that very same thing.
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Mark Schlereth on ESPN this week raved about Turner and said he was a Pro Bowl caliber back because of his burst & quickness yet also having the size to run the ball inside. Whatever opinion I may have had of Turner jumped with the former Broncos take on him.
hmm... Mark had some pretty flattering things to say about a certain "RB" from USC as well, and we've seen what happened when that guy was asked to carry the load.

Don't get me wrong, Michael Turner has a much better resume than Reggie ever had, but I don't see Kubiak being a front runner for the most coveted running back in this years free agency period.

Unless, he thinks that is the one peice we need to get us to the Superbowl, and as optomistic as I am, I'm not seeing that.

We were all thrilled, that we got Ahman Green last year. So we had a little bad luck. We've got a pretty good stable of running backs to get us through next year, with a winning record, maybe a playoff spot.

IMHO, we should stay away from expensive alternatives to deep postions(RB) and get as many CBs, LBs, Centers, and LTs that we can. Heck, if we can get another DE, that would be sweet.

We've seen Green, Dayne, Taylor, & Walker Look pretty good when we block, like we're supposed to block.
Old 03-02-2008   #85
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a falcon now.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #86
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
he's a falcon now.
Hmmmm.... The Falcons are spending like mad to erase the nightmare that was 2007.
So now I'm wondering, who becomes expendable, J. Norwood or W. Dunn?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #87
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hmmmm.... The Falcons are spending like mad to erase the nightmare that was 2007.
So now I'm wondering, who becomes expendable, J. Norwood or W. Dunn?
Warrick Dunn.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #88
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

We've seen Green, Dayne, Taylor, & Walker Look pretty good when we block, like we're supposed to block.

What about a running back that looks good even if someone misses a block ?

I want one of those...
Old 03-02-2008   #89
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273710

Turner signs with the Falcons.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read