Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2005   #21
burntheends
Rookie

yea shes pretty hot
burntheends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #22
erickwsmom
Rookie

Oh come on guys!!!
erickwsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I pretty much gave up on the topic after seeing DCowboysGal avatar pic.
too funny huge. I know what ya mean.. I lost all thoughts on the topic

as I slowly regain power to the brain..(what little there is)... No way for Vinny.. believe it or not.. The Texans do want a verticle game (yet we don't have the OL/TE/dependable 2 WR/Carr having time to go through the progressions.etc.etc) to burn a defense and make them give up on the Cover 2 . vinny doesn't have the arm strength anymore and doesn't have the mobility INCASE he were to have come in and play to avoid the instant rush that our OL can't hold back.. And vinny isn't the "little dutch boy"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Ragone is great at throwing it down field (this isnt part of the ongoing joke..im serious)

I remember when he had to start for us in 2003.. he had great accuracy throwing downfield.. if we hadnt had Hollings as our RB that game.. and if Johnson hadnt been in his rookie year and struggling to catch the ball.. Ragone might have had a pretty good game. I remember some great passes getting dropped.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yes grid.. I remember Capers or Casserly saying something about the Texan's wanting to have Qb's where we don't have to change the game plan. And that includes an occasional throw downfield
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #26
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboysGal
I'm one of the few 'Boys fans who didn't think VT blew last year, but I think he'll end up with the Jets in a familiar role supporting Chad Pennington. Why not try Brian Griese or Brad Johnson instead? Griese had a nice comeback year while Johnson is pretty savvy. Also, JAX is looking to trade their young backup David Garrard because they want to get something for him before he becomes a FA after the season.

Personally I had hopes Cowboys would bring Vinny T back, he is only 23 INT's from George Blanda's NFL career INT Record...another proud moment for Dallas
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #27
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
as i have been listening to the compelling arguements as to why the texans need an experienced backup quarterback, and a complimentary back for DD, i hit on the solution. Thats right my friends, i can solve all the problems of the texans. First of all, the quarterback is a complex position, needing veteran, proven leadership. Thats why i propose we get Joe Namath. Before you brush me off, consider the following. 1) He is a younger, better quarterback than vinny testaverde or drew bledsoe, both of whom my colleagues have suggested picking up. 2) He has won a super bowl. 3) we get a salary cap break for the senior citizen....4) he will pick up many a sideline reporter. Now, on to the running back issue. Since DD is a proven starter, and only needs a back to spell him for a couple of downs, here is what we do. We sign Earl Campbell! Think about it...one of the greatest runners in houston history, revitalizing a young franchise, adding another exclamation point to a brilliant career, and under Namath's supervision, winning the super bowl!
Mmmmmmmm.....thats good satire
In the words of Larry The Cable Guy...I don't care who you are that's funny
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #28
Dannyboy81
Rookie

Hell nah !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dispite the fact he's lost his poket presence and decision making but most of all . . .. . . he's his confidence as well which is the most vital aspect of a player in being able to perform. Once hes lost that theres no turning back. I saw every cowboys game last year and not untill the last 4-5 weeks of the season did you see he obviously had lost it. He threw into double/triple coverage with out having any pressure on him, not throwing the ball with purpose, and over/under throwing the ball. Hes always had problems with Int's but the last part of the season he was more worried about not losing the game then making plays!!!

I think his career is over. Sorry. I KNOW his career is over!!!!!!!!!
Again. Once you lose your confidence at QB theres no coming back.
Old 02-26-2005   #29
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

The thought of Vinny coming here dosen't scare me but I would just as soon spend the money it would take to bring him in elsewhere. If Banks wants to go somewhere else, I say fine, he didn't show much more than Ragone anyway. Unless a decent QB, that can play for two or three years wants to sign up cheap, I am cool with the idea of Ragone as #2 on the chart. David has proven to be a warrior for us and I am not worried about him going down.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read