Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2008   #101
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Davis re-signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Agreed on the reeves thing. I didnt take in account the garaunteed.

But i would like to think BOTH Berrian and Stallworth are a class above Davis......hence the more money.
Berrian had 5 TDs, Stallworth and AD each had 3. AD averges more ypc then either Berrian and Stallworth. And the icing on the cake AD is an elite kick returner, I don't think either of the other 2 return kicks at all.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #102
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Berrian had 5 TDs, Stallworth and AD each had 3. AD averges more ypc then either Berrian and Stallworth. And the icing on the cake AD is an elite kick returner, I don't think either of the other 2 return kicks at all.
They don't. AD is also just as good of a deep threat as Stallworth.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #103
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's good we signed AD. He's worth it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #104
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

So where does everyone see him playing. the #2 or the slot reciever?

Then were do Kevin and Jacoby go?
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #105
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed on the reeves thing. I didnt take in account the garaunteed.

But i would like to think BOTH Berrian and Stallworth are a class above Davis......hence the more money.
The question is whether you think he is better than Gage or Wilford, which I believe he is. Those guys got 6 and 6.5 million guaranteed, so Davis' 8 million isn't too far out of the ballpark.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #106
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
The question is whether you think he is better than Gage or Wilford, which I believe he is. Those guys got 6 and 6.5 million guaranteed, so Davis' 8 million isn't too far out of the ballpark.
Thats true too, well put addict.
Old 03-01-2008   #107
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Davis....but yes we overpaid......

IMO its more the playcalling that gave him the yards. When the better Andre went down, Kevin Walter had produced nicely and had that MONSTER game w/ 160 yards.........

NO ONE SAW THAT COMING.

So Andre had two KR for TD against a SECOND STRING Jaguar team, The catch against the titans. And i do remember a one handed grab somewhere.

Pair that with a mere 500 yards and 3td's and this JUSTIFIES a 8 mil in garaunteed???????????

This is ALMOST as bad as that REEVES deal. Gettin angy just thinkin about that one.

Good lord man, you probably shouldn't be a Texans fan as it's not for the faint of heart.

At least get some heart medicine or something I'm afraid you're going to just explode in a ball of rage right at your keyboard.

Quote:

I think KW will be WR2 and Davis will line up in the slot with Jones backing Davis up. If Johnson goes out, Davis will slide to WR1 and Jones will step into the slot.
Old 03-01-2008   #108
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i think jacoby will bust the door open this year and be our #2wr this year, he has the ability to take a 5yd pass the distance, walter and davis don't
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #109
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i think jacoby will bust the door open this year and be our #2wr this year, he has the ability to take a 5yd pass the distance, walter and davis don't
I don't understand how you can say Davis doesn't have the ability to take one all the way after his kick off return TDs...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #110
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Quote:
He was all the rage in preseason. Everyone loved him. We reg. season came around it was all KW.

Guess thats why they call it preseason.
Old 03-01-2008   #111
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Andre Davis re-signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's good AD is staying with us. Very good. At least this is something we all can agree on.

I am looking forward to some more kickoff returns and long passes for TDs next year from him. Good show, Texans.
Well said
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #112
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was all the rage in preseason. Everyone loved him. We reg. season came around it was all KW.

Guess thats why they call it preseason.
Got to agree with this. In the regular season it was AJ, KW and AD...then Jones. This is going to be an important regular session for Jacoby, he cannot afford a repeat of this season.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #113
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I don't understand how you can say Davis doesn't have the ability to take one all the way after his kick off return TDs...
davis is without a doubt a deep threat, he had a bunch of "amazing" catches downfield but i can't remember him making alot of short catches, jacoby's injury was devasting and hopefully he shook it in the offseasaon, isn't amazing how returning punts and kickoffs are 2 different things
Old 03-01-2008   #114
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Wasnt it his shoulder? Cant remember
Old 03-01-2008   #115
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Got to agree with this. In the regular season it was AJ, KW and AD...then Jones. This is going to be an important regular session for Jacoby, he cannot afford a repeat of this season.
i dont think he was ever injured in college, it has to be hard mentally to rebound from an injury when your coming from a small school to showing so much promise in the league
Old 03-01-2008   #116
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

by the way, i'm hoping i didn't throw away a lot of money on that white jones jersey and i don't know how much on football cards
Old 03-01-2008   #117
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Quote:
i dont think he was ever injured in college, it has to be hard mentally to rebound from an injury when your coming from a small school to showing so much promise in the league
He's seems to be a pretty confident kid from interviews and such. I think he'll be fine.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read