Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2007   #61
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fred Weary Lawsuit

I don't think mayor Whites new 'photo taking red lights' will work without a license plate to photograph.

At least I think that's how it works.
Old 11-13-2007   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
First, I think Weary is right. Good for him for making a big deal of this.

HOWEVER, if he sues Houston and keeps the money, shame on him. This guy makes millions and millions and is looking to get even more. I hope he donates it to racial profiling education or to charities aiding minorities or the like.
While I get your point I'd like to point out that Weary doesn't really make big money, and certainly not "millions and millions". His cap hit is one of the worst for the starters and according to Keith's HPF cap sheet he has the 35th highest cap hit on the team...behind such notables as Chad Stanley, Jamar Fletcher and barely makes more money than long snapper Bryan Pittman.

I hope he wins his suit too, because this is how you punish corporations and institutions that think they are above accountability.....not because Fred needs the money.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #63
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
First, I think Weary is right. Good for him for making a big deal of this.

HOWEVER, if he sues Houston and keeps the money, shame on him. This guy makes millions and millions and is looking to get even more. I hope he donates it to racial profiling education or to charities aiding minorities or the like.
Weary is a 3rd round pick and still playing in his rookie contract, he is not making "Millions and Millions". He makes the league minimum like all 3rd rounder and later picks. Oh he did get a one million dollar signing bonus that his agent and uncle sam got a large part of.

Second, according to eyewitnesses on the radio and TV news, it was rush hour on one of the busiest freeways in Houston, the lady officer appeared scared of the big black man, and seemed to pull the taser for no reason. If the cars tape had showed any evidence at all that Weary had broke the law then the DA would have pursued this cased, they dropped the charges.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #64
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Let Fred taser the cops back a couple of times.

Hope he wins just for the justice of it all.
Old 11-13-2007   #65
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Weary is a 3rd round pick and still playing in his rookie contract, he is not making "Millions and Millions". He makes the league minimum like all 3rd rounder and later picks. Oh he did get a one million dollar signing bonus that his agent and uncle sam got a large part of.

Second, according to eyewitnesses on the radio and TV news, it was rush hour on one of the busiest freeways in Houston, the lady officer appeared scared of the big black man, and seemed to pull the taser for no reason. If the cars tape had showed any evidence at all that Weary had broke the law then the DA would have pursued this cased, they dropped the charges.
IIRC, the charges were not dropped bythe DA. The judge who presided over the case chided the officers involved, saying that Weary was not resisting arrest. That case went to court and was dismissed by the judge.
Old 11-13-2007   #66
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

This came from the ESPN article:

Quote:
[Weary's attorney] said the city's policy on Taser use needs to be re-examined because some reviews done by local media and advocacy groups show that in more than 350 of the first 900 police Taser incidents, no person was charged.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108226
Old 11-13-2007   #67
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred is "Good People" and a very intelligent guy,,,I hope he wins this and can put closure to the whole situation,,,
Old 02-23-2008   #68
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5563673.html

Quote:
Two officers who tased Weary claim immunity
Responding to Texan's lawsuit, they say they acted in good faith

The two officers who shocked Houston Texans football player Fred Weary with a Taser during a 2006 traffic stop and were sued by him last year say that they are entitled to qualified immunity.

The athlete's federal civil rights lawsuit, filed in November, contends he was unlawfully stopped, shocked and arrested during an encounter with Houston police officers Margaret T. McGivern and Joe F. Vazquez. Weary, 30, contends his constitutional rights were violated by excessive force, malicious prosecution, assault and false imprisonment.

Weary also contends he was pulled over because he's black.

The city of Houston is also a defendant in the case.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #69
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I heard Weary is planning to donate any proceeds from his lawsuit to a police charity. Class act! The officers are claiming immunity from prosecution based on the assumption that they acted in good faith in the discharge of their duties. I believe Fred is doing the right thing by making sure that this incident does not go unnoticed. This is how change comes aboiut for the better.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #70
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
I heard Weary is planning to donate any proceeds from his lawsuit to a police charity. Class act! The officers are claiming immunity from prosecution based on the assumption that they acted in good faith in the discharge of their duties. I believe Fred is doing the right thing by making sure that this incident does not go unnoticed. This is how change comes aboiut for the better.
Nice post. I agree.

Sounds like the HPD is a little worried they are going to get their butts handed to them.

Way to go Fred for standing your ground! It sounded like from everything I read he was treated very unfairly and I am glad he is taking it to them.
Old 02-23-2008   #71
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
This is ridiculous. This just shows how arrogant he is and how he is using his color to take advantage of the situation. Especially bringing out Quanell X whom harbors criminals for his own interests.

If a cop pulls you over its for a reason. Do what they say and nothing will happen. If he has a chip on his shoulder, take his badge number and report him/her. That is the checks and balances. No one is above the law, not even NFL players.

If you dont like laws, tough. Go live somewhere else. Its the price we pay to live in the greatest nation on earth. There are stupid laws on the books to protect us. Idiots have 5 kids to a smart person's one. And when an ***** gets on the road smokin pot or drinkin and drivin, guess what? They need a stupid law like the license plate on the front or light illuminating the license plate to pull those idiots over to get them off the road. If you are mistakingly pulled over, dont go ape **** nuts that you are victim of racism. Seriously, be smarter than that Fred.

Racial profiling. Is America really that soft and sensitive? This is why we have to frisk 80 year old white women instead of the 5 guys behind you that look Mullah Omar, the Shoe Bomber, and bin Laden in line at Bush InterContinental. If I fit the description of a criminal and they pull me over because of it, good. Atleast they are out there, risking there lives for me trying to get dangerous people off the road.

And while I am ranting I will share a story about Fred. He was at a Pearland mechanic, didnt want to wait for his vehicle to be serviced because he was "Fred Weary." Then thought the price was too high, and when it got fixed he stiffed the mechanic $80. $80. He makes more in a year than what it will take some of us in a lifetime. Way to go Fred.

And yall know what else? These civil servants put their lives on the line for bad pay and get disrespected when they try to do their job. They protect us similiar to the way soldiers do.Thier job may not be as risky, but respect the badge and what they do. They are not out there to cause us headaches. Protect and serve is what they do. IF they did something wrong, they should own up to it. But dont try to profit from it for your own selfish reasons.

I think I am through...

"Idiots have 5 kids to a smart person's one." Brilliant thought.

Actually a prime example why some parents should have no children.

"IF they did something wrong, they should own up to it."

And IF they don't own up to it, then what?

"If you dont like laws, tough." The law work both ways.

A person of even average intelligence would see that Weary is using the existing laws of the land to fight what he perceives is an injustice.

Some may not agree with him, but that is his right as an American citizen.

Only an arrogant person would make assumptions of someone elses motives.

Old 02-23-2008   #72
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I was worried about Fred. Didn't he get into some scrap at a local swinger's hangout?
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #73
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I was worried about Fred. Didn't he get into some scrap at a local swinger's hangout?
Quote:
(6/02/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) (KTRK) -- We've learned new details about a fight that involved Houston Texans player Fred Weary.

Police say he was involved in a fight with another person inside Secrets night club on Kingspoint near Almeda Mall in southeast Houston. It happened Tuesday night.

The manager of the club says he decided not to press charges after Weary paid him for damages. However, there investigation is ongoing because of possible assault charges.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5363373
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #74
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(6/02/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) (KTRK) -- We've learned new details about a fight that involved Houston Texans player Fred Weary.

Police say he was involved in a fight with another person inside Secrets night club on Kingspoint near Almeda Mall in southeast Houston. It happened Tuesday night.

I always thought that Fred was more a "Wishes" type of person...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read